General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7417
    DefaultM said:
    How is my son playing Minecraft online and talking to his friend on the headset, when it's my profile that's got PS Plus and he's using his own?
    Because the console is set to be your 'primary' console meaning any other profile on the console gets your PS+ benefits.
    Oh ffs you're kidding I was going to let PS Plus expire. I have done that but I thought that he just got access to my games and not my PS Plus benefits.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7417
    Fuuuuuck it is as well, share online multiplayer with 1 account. I already told my wife it wouldn't affect him and he'd still be able to play after she insisted he wouldn't haha.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1488
    Nintendo switch pro controller, worth getting? Thinking of getting one for the lite with a cheap stand for use on plane/when a stand is available. 
  • joneve said:
    Nintendo switch pro controller, worth getting? Thinking of getting one for the lite with a cheap stand for use on plane/when a stand is available. 
    8bitdo Ultimate for me Jon, better quality imo, hall effect sticks..

Not sure I would bother with an external controller with a switch lite and travelling tho fella.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29048
    Portal Revolution is good. Not as hard as Portal Stories Mel. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8084
    I finally got around to playing Ghosts of Tsushima. 
    Fabulous game. Really enjoying of. I’m crap at the combat, but getting better :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29048
    I liked Got - for a Far Raider game it had quite a different feel. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    joneve said:
    Yes, love mine. The standard switch controller activates the RSI in my wrist, I find the pro controller very comfortable. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27619
    TheMarlin said:
    joneve said:
    Yes, love mine. The standard switch controller activates the RSI in my wrist, I find the pro controller very comfortable. 
    Big fan of the Pro controller here for home use. I dont take it with me when travelling though
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    TheMarlin said:
    joneve said:
    Big fan of the Pro controller here for home use. I dont take it with me when travelling though

I'm also a fan of the Pro controller.

If it's for using away from the TV Hori make much bigger clip on controllers which are great for people with big hands who don't want RSI
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10384
    Hitman World of Assassination is £22 or so on the PS store until tonight when it goes back to £60. Three games, all the addons etc, great fun.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1392
    hot dang i might grab that
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3254
    bbill335 said:
    hot dang i might grab that

It's very very tempting, even for people like us - the girlfriend and I, who probably have a good few years of brand new unplayed games for the latest generation of consoles.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1392
    well great, now i've bought hitman (which i have wanted for ages) AND karateka. i've had resi4 since july and not even broke the plastic on it!
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10384
    bbill335 said:
    well great, now i've bought hitman (which i have wanted for ages) AND karateka. i've had resi4 since july and not even broke the plastic on it!
    Yay! I just flushed two people's heads down the toilet. 
    Playing Ghost of Tsushima. Fantastic game!!!
    can’t believe I sat on this for a year without even touching it (said the man who has about 15 sealed PS5 games including Elden Ring)
    TheMarlin said:
    Playing Ghost of Tsushima. Fantastic game!!!
    can’t believe I sat on this for a year without even touching it (said the man who has about 15 sealed PS5 games including Elden Ring)
    It's absolutely wonderful. I played it on PS5 before the upgrade patch came and even then it's still my favourite PS5 game. 

Though the end of Act 2 broke me a little bit. 
    I played the Prince of Persia demo last night. I like it! I don't mind if it's not exactly the same as the old ones because honestly I haven't played those in 25 years. It seems fun. I assume it'll get cheaper :) 

Also started Observation which is weird. It's quite slow but def an interesting sci-fi thing where you play as an AI on a space station
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1768
    I played the Prince of Persia demo last night. I like it! I don't mind if it's not exactly the same as the old ones because honestly I haven't played those in 25 years. It seems fun. I assume it'll get cheaper :) 

Also started Observation which is weird. It's quite slow but def an interesting sci-fi thing where you play as an AI on a space station
    I haven't played the demo, only seen yt footage. 
    It may be a good game but mysterious, magical feel of the originals is completely gone, not a fan of very "anime" approach to it. Game itself may be decent though.

I haven't played the demo, only seen yt footage. 
    It may be a good game but mysterious, magical feel of the originals is completely gone, not a fan of very "anime" approach to it. Game itself may be decent though.
    I can see that, but tbh that particular ship sailed with the PS3 games.