General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4160
    That's fair. I still played Super Mario World every few years at least. 

The worst thing about 5 was the constant being kidnapped and forced to do an annoying escape, ending up on the other side of the map. I don't mind that once or twice in a game like that but it happened enough times that I gave up and never finished the game
    That's why I stopped playing. The second time I was kidnapped while surrounded by heavily armed friends I just gave up. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1756
    I'm 2nd month into Baldurs gate 3 (well, I went on 2 week holidays in meantime) and I must say I do enjoy if a lot. I like the storyline, but mainly it does feel a bit like the 1st and 2nd BG, which is rare, considering game development and what "sells" these days. Great game. I'm probably not even close to half of it :-)
  • Got Hogwarts Legacy, downloaded it started playing around 6pm, have just turned it off...

Haven't played a game in ages that has had me wanting to keep playing it.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4197
    Has anyone played Hogwarts Legacy? I'm strangely attracted to it and it can be had for around £20 on PC so I'm considering.

We got given it for the PS5 for Christmas, haven't even removed it from the plastic wrapping yet, though we have Googled it and watched a few YouTube reviews and gameplay videos on it.  It's gotten very good reviews from what we've seen.
    Same, haven’t opened it yet but grabbed the PS5 copy in a pre-xmas sale
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3155
    Has anyone played Hogwarts Legacy? I'm strangely attracted to it and it can be had for around £20 on PC so I'm considering.

We got given it for the PS5 for Christmas, haven't even removed it from the plastic wrapping yet, though we have Googled it and watched a few YouTube reviews and gameplay videos on it.  It's gotten very good reviews from what we've seen.
    Same, haven’t opened it yet but grabbed the PS5 copy in a pre-xmas sale

There where really good sales for games before Christmas through to the end of January, I was hoping the remastered version of the 2005 Need For Speed Most Wanted would be released during the sales, I've even kept funds in my Playstation Wallet for it.
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 178
    Got Hogwarts Legacy, downloaded it started playing around 6pm, have just turned it off...

Think it's the best single player game I've played since the last tomb raider. Although I have one bugged chest which is stopping me from 100% completing it.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7301
    That's fair. I still played Super Mario World every few years at least. 

The worst thing about 5 was the constant being kidnapped and forced to do an annoying escape, ending up on the other side of the map. I don't mind that once or twice in a game like that but it happened enough times that I gave up and never finished the game
    That's why I stopped playing. The second time I was kidnapped while surrounded by heavily armed friends I just gave up. 
    Wow Mario has changed a lot since the SNES days.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7301
    I'm 2nd month into Baldurs gate 3 (well, I went on 2 week holidays in meantime) and I must say I do enjoy if a lot. I like the storyline, but mainly it does feel a bit like the 1st and 2nd BG, which is rare, considering game development and what "sells" these days. Great game. I'm probably not even close to half of it :-)
    I haven't  played it for a few weeks but should get back to it...still in act1! Btw where do you get a shovel for all those random piles of earth you find about the place?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Rkphilpot said:
    Got Hogwarts Legacy, downloaded it started playing around 6pm, have just turned it off...

Think it's the best single player game I've played since the last tomb raider. Although I have one bugged chest which is stopping me from 100% completing it.
    6 1/2 hrs playtime now, it's just so engaging and beautiful to play, it flows perfectly..

And flying a broom is just plain awesome.
  • Jesus louisus I'm over 23 hrs playtime now.

This is just not like me. I remember getting Vice City on PS2 the day it was released, I think that was the last time I was like this.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1756
    I haven't  played it for a few weeks but should get back to it...still in act1! Btw where do you get a shovel for all those random piles of earth you find about the place?
    I bought it in first village that I found (one under goblin attack) and there were more to be found in goblin village bit further on. There are chest with good stuff to be found there :-)
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1006
    I bought it in first village that I found (one under goblin attack) and there were more to be found in goblin village bit further on. There are chest with good stuff to be found there :-)
    you can also find a shovel too near to where the goblin place is where they are hiding on the roof etc actually near a dirt pile. 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 178
    Gave up om Far Cry 6, it's a good game but the repetitiveness got a bit much. I also got a really OP weapon quite early and it just made the game easy. I think I'll drop into it occasionally for fun but unlikely to compete it. 

Started cyberpunk, what a comeback from a game that was refunding customers on realise. I sunk 11 hours into that yesterday........jeez.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    Started playing through the Ocarina of Time on thr switch N64 emulator. Forgot how much I love it and had apparently forgot LOADS of it as I’m only at death mountain and have no recollection of doing that in the original game first time round! 
    For anyone who has a ps5 and  doesn't know there is a new silent hill game released that is free. 

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• Completed main story on Hogwarts Legacy, last battle took me half a dozen tries..

Now to finish all the side quests .

Hugely enjoyable
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2444
    Think I'm currently at 52 hours on Cyberpunk. What an awesome game that is - and a great example of devs listening to (the well deserved) criticism and correcting it. Would have been nice if it was actually released in this state, but hey-ho.

If you've never tried it - or played it on release and dropped it - take another look.
    edited February 5
    am currently starting daggerfall (unity) for real this time as i have tried previously but stopped not far in. have wanted to get into the game ever since first seeing it on a yt video (never had a pc back in the day).

i am currently playing as a female breton monk as i saw someone on twitch playing unarmed combat and it looked real fun.

well i can say it most def is a lot of fun but man is it hard too (am only level 3 atm lol).

i have to say this about daggerfall though it is bloody amazing especially considering when it was released. and best of all tis free to get for anyone else who may not know it.

the skeletons can go do one though (as can king lysandus and his wraiths  roaming about daggerfall like they own the place).

it is def one of my fav elder scrolls games now/or games full stop. 

i just wish i was good at it lol. 

edit well i have to hang my head in shame (cough i resorted to using the tgm command).

i thought the fighters guild quest would be an easy one for a low level grunt like myself (level 3 atm).

kill a giant hiding in an abandoned farm/dungeon the mission said.

well it was going fine until the end.

had to scale a huge climb up to an attic area after i had spent 3-4 hours searching for this bloody giant and fighting all manner of skeletons,rats,bats and giant spiders.

only for there to be 2 skeletons at the top and a bat waiting for us.

well you can guess the rest. i died A LOT!

cue me looking for console command for god mode (i am not proud of this :-(

after dealing with the bony joes and bat i then kicked the door down to fight said giant. 

not best pleased he/she proceeded   to start swinging.

after i had kicked and punched the giant to death, 6 of his/her family decided to turn up and give us a pasting (oh thank you tgm ho ho ho).

you couldn't move for the corpses at the end.

may talos forgive my sins :-(   

edit 2

you know how much i earned for that quest. 181 gold lol

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7385
    Is the Nintendo online expansion membership any good? I thought it was going to be a lot more games than that and I'm not sure if it's worth paying extra to just get one of the little emulator machines.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    DefaultM said:
    Is the Nintendo online expansion membership any good? I thought it was going to be a lot more games than that and I'm not sure if it's worth paying extra to just get one of the little emulator machines.
    I’ve enjoyed it to be fair. I’m about 3/4 of the way through Mario 64, just started Ocarina of Time and will likely try and 100% Banjo Kazooie too. 

There’s a fair amount of games to keep you entertained to be fair and my understanding is that they’ll carry on adding more