Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rob Chapman gets death threats?

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2620
in Guitar tFB Trader
Wow...  I haven't seen the video he is referring too and while I find him mildly annoying sometimes, Death Threats??  That's just crazy..  Ok which one of you was it?   :P  :D  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    Has anyone told Ricky Tomlinson?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14649
    ... or Sue Perkins in a false beard. 

Seriously, though, somebody out there bears an enormous personal grudge. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    This is the original video.

https://youtu.be/iGxXgSVZlxY

KDH or something like that. Full of crap. Click bait bullshit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Unbelievable the flack this guy gets. 

Online dickheads should chill out. But they won’t. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10369
    Dorje aint that bad guys, come on.

Seriously though, I've no idea why idiots involve themselves with stuff like death threats and all. People need to grow up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    terada said:
    Unbelievable the flack this guy gets. 

Online dickheads should chill out. But they won’t. 

I don't condone the flack anyone gets but at the same time it is not really a surprise. If you are going to put yourself out there you do need a thick skin
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Kelan Hughes. Pretty sure he used to be on the Rob Chapman forum when I used it heavily. Looks like he’s taking pot shots at well known YouTube players now for views/subs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    I don't condone it either but it happens regardless of who you are. 

I've had em on the road before. For doing absolutely nothing except obeying the law. 

Go online and it just makes it easier for cowards to try and throw their weight around. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    edited December 2019
    Kelan Hughes. Pretty sure he used to be on the Rob Chapman forum when I used it heavily. Looks like he’s taking pot shots at well known YouTube players now for views/subs

It seems like a very small channel that most people would have missed. Robs response is only drawing attention to it. I cant help thinking he would have been better off ignoring it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom

Christ I don't know why I clicked it but I did. Just to see it. 

looks like a fucking new world IRA ultimatum with the black curtains and shades.. 

What a tool. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    skunkwerx said:

looks like a fucking new world IRA ultimatum with the black curtains and shades.. 

What a tool. 
    I know right?! Wtf is he doing? 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14649
    I've no idea why idiots involve themselves with stuff like death threats and all.
    Chappers is a hard-working professional musician. His playing is good without necessarily being exceptional or the most cutting edge out there. (It doesn't need to be.)

It is possible for a YouTube viewer to adopt the Yosser Hughes attitude of, "I could that. Gi's a job!" The underlying delusion is, "I'm as good as him. I should be earning at least as much money as him." 

This is logic is flawed. It is possible to be musically brilliant but lack the communication skills or personal charm to get ideas across. 

Chappers has managed to strike a good balance. His accuser, clearly, has not. The Followers tallies tell the story. Members of the public have chosen to subscribe to Chappers' channel and stuck with him. No coercion. No kant. Just free choice.

Chappers got lucky ... but, then, he put it the necessary work to stay lucky. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    skunkwerx said:

What a tool. 
    I know right?! Wtf is he doing? 
    I don't know... but I would love to have as much free time!
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10369
    edited December 2019
    I've no idea why idiots involve themselves with stuff like death threats and all.
    Chappers is a hard-working professional musician. His playing is good without necessarily being exceptional or the most cutting edge out there. (It doesn't need to be.)

It is possible for a YouTube viewer to adopt the Yosser Hughes attitude of, "I could that. Gi's a job!" The underlying delusion is, "I'm as good as him. I should be earning at least as much money as him." 

This is logic is flawed. It is possible to be musically brilliant but lack the communication skills or personal charm to get ideas across. 

Chappers has managed to strike a good balance. His accuser, clearly, has not. The Followers tallies tell the story. Members of the public have chosen to subscribe to Chappers' channel and stuck with him. No coercion. No kant. Just free choice.

Chappers got lucky ... but, then, he put it the necessary work to stay lucky. 
    I've watched the whole video, and some of it is curiously suspicious. I don't know how much of it is true or not but if it is true it doesn't paint a good picture. I'm sure Rob Chapman will have his own version of events too.

I have no judgement on it as I haven't looked into the allegations myself but subscriber base is irrelevant. The guy who made the video may have started his channel a few days ago, it shouldn't be a marker for respectability.

Even if it were all true, why someone would think a death threat is the right way forward is beyond me.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 826
    it came up on my feed, and I watched it- seems a fair critique of somebody who shouldn't be above criticism?
    At least he gives justifications for his points, he has done a similar one for Glenn Fricker, another divisive character- if you have almost a million followers, some are bound to be there to pick fights.
    Robs response is fair enough, but shit sticks, no smoke without fire-etc-etc-etc.
    TBH, when somebody becomes as big as Chapman has, granted he has worked hard for it, it is not all going to run smooth, so this criticism doesn't come as much of a surprise, the 'death threats' came  from Robs reply BTW, not from the original video.
    Guitologist also did a full vid dissecting the original-which only helps to stoke the flames.
    have a great 2020, peace out.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    It's really quite simple, on fact it couldn't be easier - if you don't like Rob, don't watch his videos! 

Anything else is jealousy. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Regardless of your opinions on either of these videos, Rob wins hands down as he can actually spell....
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 873
    Rob Chapman getting a death threat is the most metal thing he's ever done.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6802
    There are sick people out there. Scott Grove got repeated death threats. Nasty. 
  • HeelHeel Frets: 271
    edited December 2019
    Meh. He shouldn’t be getting death threats but clearly something odd is going on for it to even get to this stage. Very silly. 
This discussion has been closed.