Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rob Chapman gets death threats?

What's Hot

Comments

• Someone on tFB threatened to thump me in the pub. I think they look at my avatar and see nerd glasses and think I'm just gonna cuck out.

People are delusional on the internet. Especially when they're anonymous.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • What I don't understand about these people is that with these things being YouTube/t'internet, if you don't like something you just don't click on it! Is someone forcing these people to watch Chapman/Dorje videos under duress or something? Some people need to get a grip on reality, complete morons. 

For what it's worth, the Anderton's videos and his band Dorje really aren't my bag. But I just don't watch them. Thousands of people clearly do like his stuff though, so good luck to the bloke. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • I do agree about the gofundme page, it shouldn't be for someone's birthday present... or insurance claim.
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • losers hate winners
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26956
    edited December 2019
    I do agree about the gofundme page, it shouldn't be for someone's birthday present... or insurance claim.
    I think you're missing the point a bit, at least on the latter. That was literally nothing to do with Rob, whereas Kelan seems to be trying to say that Rob pocketed the money.

As for the birthday present...why not? Folk on here have helped me directly by donating to help us with vet bills when we were in a dire situation (and which was very much appreciated, by the way). How is that different?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I do agree about the gofundme page, it shouldn't be for someone's birthday present... or insurance claim.
    I think you're missing the point a bit, at least on the latter. That was literally nothing to do with Rob, whereas Kelan seems to be trying to say that Rob pocketed the money.

As for the birthday present...why not? Folk on here have helped me directly by donating to help us with vet bills when we were in a dire situation (and which was very much appreciated, by the way). How is that different?
    I difference that i can see is that you needed the money , where Mrs Chapman could easily afford 1k for a vocal teacher.
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • losers hate winners
    He needs a haircut as well, National service would soon sort him out
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    edited December 2019 tFB Trader
    I think it’s fair to say @digitalscream has hit the nail on the head... this guy knows DICK. He is basing his information on the tripe every other critic spouts about Rob. If he had actual information with proper facts behind it then maybe he’d cause a stir. But he simply doesn’t have anything to go on and tbh I agree with Rob on all of this. And while he is an internet based celebrity in the music world he has made his own success through persistence and hard work. I’m sure there are plenty of Fretboard punters who have worked hard to be successful at their chosen profession. I don’t see a line of haters forming to drag you through the mud. The Chapman hate campaign is absolutely vile and beneath all of us. Leaches like Hughes have fuck all to add to the proceedings and the mediocre delivery of his BS video proves it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

I difference that i can see is that you needed the money , where Mrs Chapman could easily afford 1k for a vocal teacher.
    ...and yet people were still actively pestering her and Rob for a way to contribute to his birthday. 

I'm sure nobody who's ever had a leaving present from their co-workers needed what they were offering, but everyone contributed all the same.

Whether they "need" it is irrelevant, it's about people's desire to put something in.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12177
    Rob seems alright.  Most people I know who have met him say he is a good guy as well.

Hes made a few quid, but fair play to him, nothing wrong with success.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Seems to be a lot of that callout stuff going around recently. My facebook had a bunch of stuff about Jared Dines accusing some guy of faking his guitar parts and the guy had to put up a video showing him playing it and included the DI's and everything.

I think what Chappers says at the end is dead right, some people dont have the work ethic and talent to succeed on you tube so they try to compensate for it with sensationalism.

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Oh boy. I have to admit I don’t watch Mr Chapman. But death threats....people are just strange. Almost as if they have to leave a mark, by any means necessary. 

How truly awful. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3412
    Haven't watched the video's but I quite like Chappers. He's done very well, doing what he loves and good on him for that.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3670
    This is the original video.

https://youtu.be/iGxXgSVZlxY

KDH or something like that. Full of crap. Click bait bullshit. 
    Who the fuck is this Axle Rose lookin dick head wannabe?
    Really guys?

Putting your self out there you should somehow deserve some pricks criticism?

Thats utter bollocks, this prick wants you tube hits on the back of someone who has done a great job of doing something he cant, simples.

If you can , do. If you cant , criticize those who can.

This guys needs to get his own life. 

Im not a Chappers fan by the way, don't know the guy, but he seems Ok from what I have seen, just a guy doing a job.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:

Thats utter bollocks, this prick wants you tube hits on the back of someone who has done a great job of doing something he cant failed at, simples.
    Corrected that for you.

A rudimentary bit of research will show that this is the second time he's tried a shortcut to fame and fortune.
    <space for hire>
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3670
    Someone on tFB threatened to thump me in the pub. I think they look at my avatar and see nerd glasses and think I'm just gonna cuck out.

People are delusional on the internet. Especially when they're anonymous.

Yeah man, Im the same, then they realise that Spok doesnt give a fuck anymore, then they offer to carry my records.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I've always liked Rob Chapman  -  seems a nice guy and he propelled Anderdon's early foray on the internet into the stratosphere - credit to Lee for seeing the opportunity and putting his hand in his wallet. Rob needs to toughen up and tell the twat in the other video to fuck off. The British have a number of nasty traits but attacking people who are successful, who have worked hard is the nastiest. On this forum, Lee Anderton and Rob Chapman have been attacked for .. being successful. Andertons is my go-to online dealer as they offer a great service and on the odd occasion there was a problem it was sorted PDQ with no argument or procrastination.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • I've had the privilege of meeting Rob at Andertons once and out of the three guys who were "big" names there that day, he was, without doubt, the kindest, most down to earth and the most freely giving of his time, advice and humour...and a selfie. For which I'm very grateful.

I thought his recent video about his vocals was quite touching and shows that he knows he's not perfect and gets a lot of stick for trying.

I think this recent campaign against him is disgusting, and I include Levi Clay's recent post about it all in that too - the one where he was bragging about being one of the guys who got threatened with legal action - something to be very proud of, of course. It's e-bullying in my book and Levi can't rant all he wants but he comes off looking like a prick. He should stick to what he does well instead of bullying and passing judgement.

As for that other guy, he comes off as a mad man for even putting an ounce of time into this. What is wrong with people!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Levi Clay is having a go at him now.
    Chappers  Andertons reviews have always been entertaining to me, I don’t really care about all this stuff people are saying ,bitching like a bunch of girls. It’s turning into Love Island celebrity skating in the jungle on ice.  I think the ALS challenge was bloody stupid and I’m not that interested in how rob conducts his business , he’s just some dude who demos guitars and is entertaining. I wish everybody would stop whingeing on about it on YouTube , it’s about as interesting as strictly come dancing 
  • Seems to be a lot of that callout stuff going around recently. My facebook had a bunch of stuff about Jared Dines accusing some guy of faking his guitar parts and the guy had to put up a video showing him playing it and included the DI's and everything.

I think what Chappers says at the end is dead right, some people dont have the work ethic and talent to succeed on you tube so they try to compensate for it with sensationalism.

Ahh it’s the equivalent of newspaper journalists like the sun and the mail lol 
This discussion has been closed.