Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rob Chapman gets death threats?

What's Hot

Comments

• The threats to Rob have been happening for years - I remember him talking about it (privately) back as far as 2010-ish.

As for this KDH fella...he's largely seems to be trying to make a name for himself by cherry-picking facts to twist what actually happened while removing context which - as far as I can see - completely undoes most of his arguments, both against Rob and Glenn (I haven't watched any more of his videos).

The stupid thing is...there are a few legitimate criticisms of CG and associated stuff that might actually have gained some traction, but not a single one of them appeared in the video. Why? Because this guy's basing everything on rumour and innuendo, and doesn't actually know anything. It's the kind of diss video that goes on all the time in other parts of YouTube-land (most notably in the fashion and gaming sectors), and it's a fucking shame that some moron is trying to bring it to the musical side too.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_k said:

Robs response is fair enough, but shit sticks, no smoke without fire-etc-etc-etc.
    I'll be honest, it's difficult to take the rest of your comment seriously with this in it. "No smoke without fire" is just paraphrasing "If you're accused of anything, you must be guilty of something"...and that's total rubbish.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 31reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just wasted an hour of my life watching these two videos, an hour I will never get back.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Heel said:
    Meh. He shouldn’t be getting death threats but clearly something odd is going on for it to even get to this stage. Very silly. 
    Dude, I've had two death threats and innumerable threats of physical harm just for running this place over the last five years...and I'm a total nobody, who makes a conscious effort to ensure my entire online presence is as vanilla as possible. It's not surprising that somebody as polarising as Rob would get them.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Heel said:
    Meh. He shouldn’t be getting death threats but clearly something odd is going on for it to even get to this stage. Very silly. 
    Dude, I've had two death threats and innumerable threats of physical harm just for running this place over the last five years...and I'm a total nobody, who makes a conscious effort to ensure my entire online presence is as vanilla as possible. It's not surprising that somebody as polarising as Rob would get them.
    I actually don't get the "polarising" and "divisive" tags that seem to get thrown at Rob at all if I'm honest. 

He's a pretty inoffensive, mildly amusing guy that sells stuff. How is that problematic for some people? Obviously, there are crazy people on the internet, but regular, well balanced folk shouldn't really get worked up over YouTubers. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Heel said:
    I actually don't get the "polarising" and "divisive" tags that seem to get thrown at Rob at all if I'm honest. 

He's a pretty inoffensive, mildly amusing guy that sells stuff. How is that problematic for some people? Obviously, there are crazy people on the internet, but regular, well balanced folk shouldn't really get worked up over YouTubers. 
    These days, "I don't like this guy's humour" = "Polarising". I'm just rolling with the times ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m no fan of Rob’s but to be fair to the guy that’s the best video I’ve seen him do. He’s addressed the points raised and given us his point of view, he could probably have done without the little digs at the guys number of YouTube followers etc (high ground and all that) but overall a fairly measured response. 
    Re the other guy...he obviously has some grudge and/or is just looking for clicks but goes to show that in this modern world of social media you can take facts and statistics and use them to say what you want! Or just plain lie and hope your followers don’t take time to look into what your saying or study any reply from the accused that may poke holes in your story (cheers for that Donald).
    With regards to the death threats...they’re more than likely 15 year old keyboard warriors who will be crying into their mothers aprons when the police turn up to arrest them. If they’re not then what the fuck? He’s a musician/businessman, if you don’t like it don’t listen or deal with him, instead ship yourself off to the local psychiatric ward and don’t come out until you can deport yourself in society.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Heel said:
    Dude, I've had two death threats and innumerable threats of physical harm 
    We're still mates though right? :love: 

Bye!

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited December 2019
    Piss taking aside, I *really* like Rob Chapman. I think all the stupid bullshit thrown around on tFB about him is fucking pathetic, and really shows the clientele around here for what they are - little sad types who throw stones but have achieved fuck all in their shitty little lives.

I've never met Rob. I glanced longingly at him across Hall E at NAMM, but senpai didn't notice me. cry 

I think what he's done for the UK guitar business is great, has helped all of us whether we want to admit it or not, and we need more people like him.

So the naysayers and the people who phone up shops like Peach Guitars and give them abuse... you lot can just fuck right off.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 21reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Heel said:
    I got 3 death threats when I started SC Relics. They were from 3 Americans via Facebook messenger (who apparently didn’t like my work). While it wasn’t practical for any one of them to “come across there and shoot me” they were death threats all the same. T’internet is a twisted place...
    0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Piss taking aside, I *really* like Rob Chapman. I think all the stupid bullshit thrown around on tFB about him is fucking pathetic, and really shows the clientele around here for what they are - little sad types who throw stones but haven't achieved fuck all in their shitty little lives.

*Some* of the clientele...

We possibly have a slightly higher bell end per capita ratio, but they're still in the minority. 

Some people just make up for their erectile dysfunction by pissing on other people's chips.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Heel said:
    Sure. Just bear in mind that I have an actual family connection to the Mafia, whereas you've only got a tenuous-maybe-link to the Yakuza.
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Heel said:
    Sure. Just bear in mind that I have an actual family connection to the Mafia, whereas you've only got a tenuous-maybe-link to the Yakuza.
    Now now... you're forgetting.... I'm the consigliere to a very high up Sicilian mafia don. He just happens to be a really good guitarist as well. 

;)

Bye!

• Piss taking aside, I *really* like Rob Chapman. I think all the stupid bullshit thrown around on tFB about him is fucking pathetic, and really shows the clientele around here for what they are - little sad types who throw stones but haven't achieved fuck all in their shitty little lives.

*Some* of the clientele...

We possibly have a slightly higher bell end per capita ratio, but they're still in the minority. 

Some people just make up for their erectile dysfunction by pissing on other people's chips.
    Yes yes yes, of course. "some" should've been implied. Sorry if it wasn't!

Bye!

• Shhhhhhhhh, What part of the Mafia being a ‘secret society’ don’t you two get?? I’m going to have to put out  a hit on both of you for breaking the code of Omertà 

Oh shit! Now you’ve got me making online death threats  ;)
  • Shhhhhhhhh, What part of the Mafia being a ‘secret society’ don’t you two get?? I’m going to have to put out  a hit on both of you for breaking the code of Omertà 

Now you're on a list.

(my sexy list)

Bye!

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26920
    edited December 2019
    Shhhhhhhhh, What part of the Mafia being a ‘secret society’ don’t you two get?? I’m going to have to put out  a hit on both of you for breaking the code of Omertà 

Oh shit! Now you’ve got me making online death threats 
    Pfft. Not so secret, I've got enough bloody cousins over there to fill a small town. Breed like feckin' rabbits, so they do, they're everywhere!
    <space for hire>

Now you're on a list.

(my sexy list)
    Admit it, I was always on it

Now you're on a list.

(my sexy list)
    Admit it, I was always on it
    Well I only just started it. So.... I suppose you're right!

Bye!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    Heel said:
    I got 3 death threats when I started SC Relics. They were from 3 Americans via Facebook messenger (who apparently didn’t like my work). While it wasn’t practical for any one of them to “come across there and shoot me” they were death threats all the same. T’internet is a twisted place...
    I get death threats verbally to my face on a semi regular basis. but as I am still alive I do not consider them to be credible
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.