Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rob Chapman gets death threats?

What's Hot

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 952
    I just can't imagine having this much time on my hands. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6772
    For someone who will never watch either video, what is the gist of the complaint video and what was the catalyst for the death threats?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12423
    soma1975 said:
    For someone who will never watch either video, what is the gist of the complaint video and what was the catalyst for the death threats?
    Some skinny little fretwanker in his dad's sunglasses tries to discredit everything Chappers has ever done in an attempt to gain subs and chicks who dig spotty malnourished longhairs
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Discredit? I mean, he's clearly done what he has done, no?

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Quite funny..... Mr KDH with his Chapman Guitar...

https://i.imgur.com/t9qZNqj.jpg

I wonder what happened to make him flip? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh wow. Ok. Like a teenage Dave Mustaine put through one of the those gender swap apps. 

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    It's like secondary school, you know you have that one kid whose deliberately antagonistic? Who will say anything to rile somebody, and then say "hey man, that's just my opinion".

Like @GoldenEraGuitars and @digitalscream I used to use the Chapman forum a fair bit, and I remember kelan from that. He is clearly trying to generate views and the whole black shades in a dark room looks like something from the 90s. It's sad he's gone down this route, I always considered him a Chapman fanboy. 

I've never been a huge Chapman fan, not my thing. He seems like a nice guy but the guitars, music and YouTube vids dont appeal to me. Instead I just dont watch them, why waste all that energy on something so innocuous. He is selling guitars, that's it not stamping on babies or involved in dog fighting.

We do need stiffer regulations to protect people, rob and lee certainly don't deserve death threats.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    People that are sending out death threats have mental illness surely. No normal individual is doing that and as such it's got to be less of a factor to worry about given the anonymity offered by the internet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    Quite funny..... Mr KDH with his Chapman Guitar...

https://i.imgur.com/t9qZNqj.jpg

I wonder what happened to make him flip? 
    I was gonna say, I swear he had a Chapman guitar! Perhaps he tried to blag a sponsorship and got turned down. His band seems to be doing alright.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30310
    None of this would've happened if he'd bought a nice Telecaster in the first place.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12678
    I’m not a fan of the Chappers internet persona - but I’m sure he’s actually a great guy, enough people I respect have said as much. Nobody deserves a death threat.
    I’ve received one - it freaked me right out. Genuinely, couldn’t sleep etc. No macho bullshit, it really upset me. I was the editor of a magazine about classic cars - and I’d dared to criticise a marque of car that someone took offence to. 
    Years later, I raised that point when someone else on a forum had a similar experience. The consensus from that forum at that time was that if you put your head over a parapet expect to receive the occasional pot shot...
    I don’t accept that - I never will. We all earn money in our own ways and however we do so does not excuse that sort of behaviour. Just because someone is in the public eye (to whatever extent) it doesn’t make it ok to be an asshole.

I hope this whole situation resolves amicably. But it should never have occurred in the first place.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    It's all quite tiring really... I just don't get what people hope to achieve from sending death threats and such.. compensating for something maybe.. 

I've met Rob a couple of times, he is a genuine guitar nerd. He is so enthusiastic about it and tbh it's really nice to speak to someone who is so passionate about something. He is a nice chap(pers) and seems happy to give his time to talk. I'm not a massive fan of all of his videos, but I do like Dorje, and it's after a couple of the shows where I met him and after talking to him you can kind of see where he is coming from in many of his videos. 

I like people who are genuinely passionate about something rather than just going through the motions for the payslip... 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    edited December 2019
    I've got bleary eyes in the morning and read the title as "Rob Chapman gets deep throat". I guess that would be a whole different discussion.

• Who? 
  • Death threats seem to be in fashion these days. I’m feeling a bit left out to be honest. Although I do threaten my kids lives on a daily basis

my point being that there are death threats and then there are death threats- getting upset by a DM off of a random troll account saying they are going to kill you cause you’re a bellend then using it to play victim (coughLabourMP’scough) is peak boomer behaviour 

This is YouTube, not 70’s Belfast
    1reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah...well that's okay then.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922

• my point being that there are death threats and then there are death threats- getting upset by a DM off of a random troll account saying they are going to kill you cause you’re a bellend then using it to play victim (coughLabourMP’scough) is peak boomer behaviour 

A Labour MP was actually murdered.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom

• my point being that there are death threats and then there are death threats- getting upset by a DM off of a random troll account saying they are going to kill you cause you’re a bellend then using it to play victim (coughLabourMP’scough) is peak boomer behaviour 

Yes... and her murderer never sent her death threats on the internet beforehand 
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Yes... and her murderer never sent her death threats on the internet beforehand 
    What an incredibly, unbelievably dumb comment. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    Death threats seem to be in fashion these days. I’m feeling a bit left out to be honest. Although I do threaten my kids lives on a daily basis

my point being that there are death threats and then there are death threats- getting upset by a DM off of a random troll account saying they are going to kill you cause you’re a bellend then using it to play victim (coughLabourMP’scough) is peak boomer behaviour 

This is YouTube, not 70’s Belfast

Peak boomer behaviour!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.