Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Parking on yellows outside a school

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3456
    ICBM said:
    robgilmo said:

Actually, the car turning right goes first, you have to give way because the car is crossing your path, I was surprised to hear that, I had a cross roads on my way to work that I went straight over, always busy and usually people hesitating because no one was really sure who should go first, I worked with a lad who had just become an instructor so I asked him about it and thats what he told me.

Edit - just to add, its a marked cross roads and both cars are stopped at the give way.
    No...

https://www.learnerdriving.com/ld-system/driving-lessons/crossroads.htm

"The general rule for priorities when emerging from crossroads is that right turning traffic should give way to oncoming traffic. The vehicle with the priority in the following examples is the same as if the two minor side roads were one major road, however do not assume that the other driver will comply."

But the important thing is to pay attention to the other driver and *not* assume you have right of way.
    I know , Ive just read this, I thought Id check because it didn't sound right.
    https://www.learnerdriving.com/ld-system/driving-lessons/crossroads.htm

That guy at work either didnt pick me up right or just didnt know! And he was/is an instructor.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4925
    robgilmo said:
    The whole 4x4 thing. Nothing against 4x4s just the drivers. Many years ago my son went to a private nursery so catchment area was not something that applied. So we drove in small VW Beatle. Being a private school the 4x4 arms race was very prevalent. The number of time we where backed into and hit without them even caring (or noticing has they used to say despite having reversing sensors and even video) was beyond pale. I never accepted them offering to pay for the damage I always went through insurance. Eventually the whole street outside the school became a red route. 
    I drive one ,

I for one did not see this stunning plot twist coming. It's like watching Fight Club for the first time all over again.

Curious, as some insurance companies will refuse to insure you if you have made more than a set number of claims.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    As to big cars, we used to have a Chrysler Grand Voyager to run our 3 kids (and sometimes others too) around in.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3456
    edited January 2020
    prowla said:
    robgilmo said:
    The whole 4x4 thing. Nothing against 4x4s just the drivers. Many years ago my son went to a private nursery so catchment area was not something that applied. So we drove in small VW Beatle. Being a private school the 4x4 arms race was very prevalent. The number of time we where backed into and hit without them even caring (or noticing has they used to say despite having reversing sensors and even video) was beyond pale. I never accepted them offering to pay for the damage I always went through insurance. Eventually the whole street outside the school became a red route. 
    I drive one ,

I for one did not see this stunning plot twist coming. It's like watching Fight Club for the first time all over again.

Curious, as some insurance companies will refuse to insure you if you have made more than a set number of claims.
    Even if its not your fault, they still see you as a risk, especially if every claim is against a reversing 4x4 vehicle , on the same street, at the same time of day.
    Dammit, I promised myself I'd put the spoon away for the day!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    edited January 2020
    I got fed up with stupid cunts parking on the zig zags outside the primary school that both my boys attended.... so started to confront the drivers.   Several were foreign and refused to speak English (despite the fact that I’d had previous conversations with them and they spoke perfect English) and one other woman told me to fuck off as it was ‘them Indians fault’.  
    In the end I started photographing the cars and sending the pics to the school who duly listed reg numbers in the weekly newsletter. Made cock all difference. 
    I then decided to create a Facebook page and posted all the photos on there.... the reactions were amazing.  Huge levels of personal abuse disguised as guilt.  Anyway, one of the local coppers got in touch and wanted all the photos.  He then payed every single driver a visit and warned them that if it happened again, he’d be dishing out fines.  Several drivers turned out to have no insurance - yep, people actually driving their kids/grandkids to school in uninsured motors.   They didn’t get second chances...and the stupid parking stopped. (But then soon started up again when my kids went to secondary school). 

So, if you’re lucky, the local cop station could be the place to turn to if it’s a real problem. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    RobDavies said:
    I got fed up with stupid cunts parking on the zig zags outside the primary school that both my boys attended.... so started to confront the drivers.   Several were foreign and refused to speak English (despite the fact that I’d had previous conversations with them and they spoke perfect English) and one other woman told me to fuck off as it was ‘them Indians fault’.  
    In the end I started photographing the cars and sending the pics to the school who duly listed reg numbers in the weekly newsletter. Made cock all difference. 
    I then decided to create a Facebook page and posted all the photos on there.... the reactions were amazing.  Huge levels of personal abuse disguised as guilt.  Anyway, one of the local coppers got in touch and wanted all the photos.  He then payed every single driver a visit and warned them that if it happened again, he’d be dishing out fines.  Several drivers turned out to have no insurance - yep, people actually driving their kids/grandkids to school in uninsured motors.   They didn’t get second chances...and the stupid parking stopped. (But then soon started up again when my kids went to secondary school). 

So, if you’re lucky, the local cop station could be the place to turn to if it’s a real problem. 
    Good on ya 
    Red ones are better. 
    Some of the recursively embedded comments in posts were stretched out at 3 characters wide on my phone display.