Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So... how many guitars do you actually own

What's Hot
1222324252628»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30295
    This thread was started in 2014.
    Is @HarrySeven close to his final tally?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3712
    Down to three, 2 acoustics (1 steel, 1 nylon) and an electric. This year I've also sold 2 mandolins, an acoustic and an electric.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I may have posted in this thread very early but I think my numbers will have changed. So time to take stock again. Year denotes model, not when I got it.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2009)
    Schecter C6 Pro (2019)
    PRS SE 245 Singlecut (2019)
    PRS SE Custom 22 (Moons Pre-2009)
    ESP LTD EC-256 (2017)
    Ibanez S521 (2015)
    Ibanez SAS360FM (2008 I think)
    Vintage VS6 SG (2011)

Yamaha RBX170 Bass

Yamaha APX500 Semi Acoustic
    Aria 12-string Semi Acoustic

The Ibanez S521 is my "left in the sitting room" guitar for occasional late night noodling. The Schecter and Gibson are the guitars I have out all the time. The Ibanez SAS360 is something I picked up for next to nothing in a trade and it's in need of some TLC, the trem seems a bit wonky. The Vintage SG copy is a bit beat up now too - but that's my son's problem - he has it now in his room.

I've not done much to these guitars. I've changed the tuners on my Les Paul just because I find vintage style tulip tuners ugly. The Schecter is stock, as is the PRE SE 245 and Ibanez S521. A long time ago I changed the pickups in the PRS SE Custom 22 and added a push-push pot to tap the pickups. Hardly play that guitar these days but it sits in its lovely SE gig bag.

The ESP LTD EC-256 has had quite a bit of work. I replaced the chrome hardware with black chrome. Changed the chrome tuners for black locking tuners. And replaced the pickups with open-coil Iron Gear Steamhammers. Makes for a great inexpensive rock machine. I don't play this as much as the Gibson or Schecter, but as it's inexpensive it's the guitar most likely to go for an adventure out of the house when the plague is over. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Im sure i answered this question several years ago.  In which case whatever my answer was then plus a few more.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom