Post-Lockdown pedal building

What's Hot

Comments

• roberty said:
    @Cookiemonster I think Musikding do PCBs with pre-programmed SMD FV1s attached
    Yeah Jed's do as well. I do have one that didn't work I need to return to. It's been in a draw for ages, one of the few things that didn't work and the SMD element made my confidence levels in fixing it low. But think I will give it another try

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27218
    roberty said:
    How's the iron @stickyfiddle ?
    Still in its box... Possibly shouldn't admit that in here!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1155
    Returned to the aesthetics of a pedal I built a while ago, it’s a fuzzdog ruckus (suhr riot) but I never liked how I’d finished it. My wife does sublimation printing and we got the supplier to make a 1590b sized aluminium plate. I think I’ll use these for future builds rather than powder coating or painting, they come in metallic red, gold silver or white for full colour printing. This one was a test and at least proved it’s doable - 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    roberty said:
    How's the iron @stickyfiddle ?
    Still in its box... Possibly shouldn't admit that in here!!
    It happens! I bought an ultrasonic record cleaner in December and it has sat on the floor ever since. It will still be there when my attention comes back around

@Alex2678 that looks great, what did you use to stick it on?
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1155
    roberty said:

@Alex2678 that looks great, what did you use to stick it on?
    I used a bit of double sided tape but I do think if I hadn’t the fixings for the pots and footswitch would’ve been enough, the tape helped while drilling though, I stuck it on and drilled out from the back through the holes in the enclosure. Very easy to drill though it’s very thin.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1511
    edited April 2022
    Does this count as pedal building if it isn’t actually in a pedal?

PedalPCB prototyping board for experimentation purposes and finding out if I actually want to build a pedal. Has jumpers for Vref, 9V +/- and 18V so really easy to play with circuits they usually require a charge pump. 

Here is a 1981 DRV with a choice of clipping diodes. Quite like it with the harder edge of LEDs

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 887
    edited April 2022
    So the above photos are three fuzz pedals I've made for a Forum Member. 

Two on tagboard and one on a pcb board.

I had never used tag before, but the Paul had a project and needed a circuit, he got it from ebay and struggled with it, so I managed to fix that, and with the left over board built the tag. 

He also sent me two Sunface Boards, one for me and one for him.  

In the photos the White one is a Fuzzrite, Black one is a Tonebender and the blue one is the Sunface

• euan said:
    Does this count as pedal building if it isn’t actually in a pedal?

PedalPCB prototyping board for experimentation purposes and finding out if I actually want to build a pedal. Has jumpers for Vref, 9V +/- and 18V so really easy to play with circuits they usually require a charge pump. 

Here is a 1981 DRV with a choice of clipping diodes. Quite like it with the harder edge of LEDs

That looks great, I will need to have a look at one of these. Do you have a link ? 

• euaneuan Frets: 1511
    https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/protoboard/

Just comes as the board obviously
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @roberty I finally used the new iron yesterday for the initial wiring on my Jag build. Absolutely fantastic. Super easy to set and change temperatures, and it heats up and cools down extremely quickly, which is amazing. It wasn’t cheap but I’m a happy boy. 

The only real issue is I could do with a better stand for it as the handle is too narrow for my existing stand so you have to be very careful it doesn’t slip
    Sweet @stickyfiddle it makes such a difference doesn't it. My soldering became so much cleaner when I got a decent iron. I actually look forward to it now (a bit) (well, sometimes)
    roberty said:
    Sweet @stickyfiddle it makes such a difference doesn't it. My soldering became so much cleaner when I got a decent iron. I actually look forward to it now (a bit) (well, sometimes)
    Yeah, mine was never bad, but man I had no idea it could be easier! 

I really need a better stand though and google isn't helping. I might bump my old iron thread and see about recommendations from you lot
  • roberty said:
    Yeah, mine was never bad, but man I had no idea it could be easier! 

I really need a better stand though and google isn't helping. I might bump my old iron thread and see about recommendations from you lot
    My stand is the one with the hakko. It's great. 

Got a new oddly specific novelty mug today for my collection of oddly specific novelty mugs:

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @roberty PROPER chortle :D :D 
  • roberty said:
    Got a new oddly specific novelty mug today for my collection of oddly specific novelty mugs:

That I need 

That I need 

Not cheap but I had to have it anyway https://bandmemes666-3.creator-spring.com/listing/become-a-pedal-builder?product=1566

Got a Ddymo today for quick and dirty labelling. Here's my wonky fuzz war, build three years ago with a hangover

• roberty said:
    That I need 

Not cheap but I had to have it anyway https://bandmemes666-3.creator-spring.com/listing/become-a-pedal-builder?product=1566

Got a Ddymo today for quick and dirty labelling. Here's my wonky fuzz war, build three years ago with a hangover

I am still not the best a drilling. I need some drill templates