Thank You Parcelforce, for ridding the world of a PRS.

What's Hot

Comments

• sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    edited June 2020
    To be fair to parcel force they don't hide their terms in small print. They put in bold the following

Any items that by their inherent nature are particularly susceptible to damage are excluded from compensation in the event of damage on all services.   And specifically refer to guitars not being covered 

Their website offers enhanced cover on the value of the object. It does not identify the type of object but simply identifies the price and gives you the option to buy the enhanced cover 

By posting with them you are accepting their terms 

They make the offer on these terms and you accept on these terms 

I genuinely don't see a claim succeeding. You may however if you complain enough get them to pay out as a gesture of good will 

Do I think it's fair. No i don't. Is it legal then yes it is 

If you want to think of the cover as insurance then its no difference to buying car insurance to cover social and commuting to work. The policy tells you that it does not cover you for travelling for the purposes of work and you crash using your car for work purposes. Insurance does not pay out. You are told that the policy does not cover that situation yet you buy the policy knowing you will be using the car for work purposes. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11467
    To be fair to parcel force they don't hide their terms in small print. They put in bold the following

Any items that by their inherent nature are particularly susceptible to damage are excluded from compensation in the event of damage on all services.   And specifically refer to guitars not being covered 

Their website offers enhanced cover on the value of the object. It does not identify the type of object but simply identifies the price and gives you the option to buy the enhanced cover 

By posting with them you are accepting their terms 

They make the offer on these terms and you accept on these terms 

I genuinely don't see a claim succeeding. You may however if you complain enough get them to pay out as a gesture of good will 

Do I think it's fair. No i don't. Is it legal then yes it is 

If you want to think of the cover as insurance then its no difference to buying car insurance to cover social and commuting to work. The policy tells you that it does not cover you for travelling for the purposes of work and you crash using your car for work purposes. Insurance does not pay out. You are told that the policy does not cover that situation yet you buy the policy knowing you will be using the car for work purposes. 

This wasn't bought over the web though.  It was bought in person at a post office.  The sender was asked what was in the parcel. He told them it was a guitar.  They then offered him insurance that didn't actually cover the parcel.  That's about as clear a case of mis-selling insurance as I can think of.  That's the issue.

Given that the authorities tend to look dimly on mis-selling insurance - remember all those PPI phone calls you got - then it's definitely worth putting in a claim.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5066
    So what happened about this guitar @Gassage @tone1? I presume it’s been fixed by now and it would be interesting to see what the resurrection looks like.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5179
    Gas is dropping it off at @IvisonGuitars this week for Neil to work his magic. I’ll ask Neil to post some pics on his repair thread  :)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23046
    tone1 said:
    Gas is dropping it off at @IvisonGuitars this week for Neil to work his magic. I’ll ask Neil to post some pics on his repair thread  :)
    That will be very interesting to see.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    what happened to the pics ? (just catching up on this)

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4202
    I can’t see the pictures :( 

what would possess someone to send a guitar via parcelforce ?
    They have form for being useless ,destructive nitwits who will not pay up if something happens.

UPS APC DPD etc are better alternatives
    scrumhalf said:
    It would be interesting to find out what Hiscox would have to say, certainly off the record at first. 
    I thought his ox were virtually bombproof , I remember seeing a load of their staff standing on a case
    Omg!!! How on earth
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    i've had a few USA PRS and there's no way that broke in the case.

• agree  how does that happen in a case. i understand a head-stock break but how can it break at that point in a case. the neck looks as if its been forced upwards but surely the top of the case would prevent that. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    agree  how does that happen in a case. i understand a head-stock break but how can it break at that point in a case. the neck looks as if its been forced upwards but surely the top of the case would prevent that. 
    It could have been thrown and landed on a hard concrete floor. 

My PRS raffle guitar was shipped through parcel force, I was incredibly nervous about opening it up. Luckily it was okay. I feel for @Gassage though.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5179
    DrJazzTap said:
    agree  how does that happen in a case. i understand a head-stock break but how can it break at that point in a case. the neck looks as if its been forced upwards but surely the top of the case would prevent that. 

My PRS raffle guitar was shipped through parcel force, I was incredibly nervous about opening it up. Luckily it was okay. I feel for @tone1 ;though.
    FTFY..... :/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    I am so sorry to read this and see this, hope it gets fixed.
    I'm having a guitar shipped with Parcelforce and it already had a headstock repeair so getting nervous.
    my wishes for a speedy recovery for your axe!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23046
    Funny how the discussion about how the break occurred has started again from scratch, two months after the thread began.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 794
    Philly_Q said:
    Funny how the discussion about how the break occurred has started again from scratch, two months after the thread began.
    I thought the same. Take my lol. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    tone1 said:
    DrJazzTap said:

My PRS raffle guitar was shipped through parcel force, I was incredibly nervous about opening it up. Luckily it was okay. I feel for @tone1 ;though.
    FTFY..... :/
    Sorry mate
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • there were no photos previously or at least none i can find
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    An update for those that may be interested; despite all PF's attempts at silencing it......Tony's PRS lives to fight another day.... :) 

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 28reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom