Thank You Parcelforce, for ridding the world of a PRS.

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    ICBM said:
    Are you absolutely certain the package was sealed in the same way when it arrived as when it was sent?

I find it hard to believe that could have happened inside a Hiscox case without the case being substantially cracked around the mid-point as well. They’re just not flexible enough to allow it.

I’ve twice come across shipping damage that absolutely could not have happened inside the box, for what it’s worth - although they did both go through customs.
    99% sure yes. I've sent pics to the seller.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Johnw84Johnw84 Frets: 55
    It's hard to imagine how much force that would need being packaged so well. I've never posted a guitar and don't think I will after seeing this!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Could be worse, did anyone see the PRS a dog chewed up on Facebook? Made a right mess of it cosmetically (dog's dinner) and chewed the headstock etc.

At least this is fixable without hindering the cosmetics too much.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    That will polish right out with a bit of T-Cut. Not sure what you're going on about.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I don’t believe that is just accidental damage. I’ve had guitars in cases fly around a large panel van in a road accident. Nothing like that happened. Someone’s made an effort there. A Hiscox has a 500lb crush weight. So that makes no sense. I’d stick that all over their social media. Shame the bastards. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
    jeztone2 said:
    I don’t believe that is just accidental damage. I’ve had guitars in cases fly around a large panel van in a road accident. Nothing like that happened. Someone’s made an effort there. A Hiscox has a 500lb crush weight. So that makes no sense. I’d stick that all over their social media. Shame the bastards. 

I really don't want to believe you. But.....

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    After a (currently unnamed while I give them chance to sort it out / pay for it) courier put a massive dent in my packed amp, I’ve decided there’s no point in packing.  I should have just handed my amp over to the driver unpacked.  Cardboard etc just seems to give them the belief that they can be thrown around.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    Gassage said:
    How the hell have they managed that!
    Bearing in mind it was packed better than anyone could have packed it, I simply don't know. It's in a hard Hiscox too. You'd have struggled to do if if you'd wanted to break it.
    Just a thought, the Hiscox was made specifically for the PRS wasn’t it?  I have a Hiscox for my PRS Core and S2 but it is really tight and doesn’t fit my SE.

Mind you, it would need to be a really bad fit to impart that sort of force.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Whoever did that must really hate PRSs.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Whoever did that must really hate PRSs.

NHS dentist, I'm betting.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 209
    Unfortunately parcelforce don't insure guitars if I remember right, tucked away in the small print. Ups did a number on a guitar I received recently, really gutting experience and that was for something fairly minor, hope you can sort it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    edited May 2020
    Oh that’s awful to see.   Could heavy strings under tension effect this ( with a ‘milder’ knock ?)
    I’m clutching at straws of course, but it’s odd with the good packing and undamaged case, as others have remarked.

As a lefty, I only own one guitar I bought in store... the rest were all via Internet with shipping and customs etc
    One was particularly valuable and it was certainly  a stress until in my hands

Still, It sounds like you you can ‘meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same...’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    That is insane damage for a guitar packed as you described. Parcel dropped from six foot or more, maybe, in a loading/unloading bay?
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Musicwolf said:
    Gassage said:
    How the hell have they managed that!
    Bearing in mind it was packed better than anyone could have packed it, I simply don't know. It's in a hard Hiscox too. You'd have struggled to do if if you'd wanted to break it.
    Just a thought, the Hiscox was made specifically for the PRS wasn’t it?  I have a Hiscox for my PRS Core and S2 but it is really tight and doesn’t fit my SE.

Mind you, it would need to be a really bad fit to impart that sort of force.
    Interesting you say that. I had an S2, and got a Hiscox to replace the gig bag. For some reason the case never suited the S2. The body never sat flat in its space, meaning the neck was always under tension/stress when the lid was closed.

If there’s no damage to the case, maybe Gassage’s PRS could well have been dropped from a great height?
  • PC1971PC1971 Frets: 372
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    If by chance you do put it social media, link it here and I'll happily share.

I'm not trying to be all neighbourhood mum, but social media can work wonders 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427

That's unbelievably bad mate , you should be able to get something for that , ( I mean compo not glue).

Isn't there one courier that still insures guitars , I don't remember which one though.

I have some to sell , that's really worrying.

Just to add insult to injury..... you bunch of c*nts have given me more wow's on this than my 1966 custom bound telecaster, you bastards.

34reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427

LOL, we need a "that sucks button"............ Mods!

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Gassage said:
    Just to add insult to injury..... you bunch of c*nts have given me more wow's on this than my 1966 custom bound telecaster, you bastards.
    The people have spoken . 

PRS>some old plank ... 

;) 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom