Does anyone *NOT* like valve amps?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• Especially my diezel - i wouldnt wish that on anyone. 
    I think I can handle it. Send it over.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7293
    I know youre already part of the good fight :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17638
    tFB Trader
    ESBlonde said:
    57Deluxe said:
    I don't like that they are more temperamental and expensive to retube and constant servicing. BUT I do like the sound, smell and overall old schoolness...

I suspect the cost of 'servicing' a 50 year old helix will give you a nasty shock in years to come. ;-)

The great thing about them being fully DSP based is that as long as you replace them all the sounds can last forever.
    For example a lot of the M series FX are backported to the Helix.

Early digital stuff like the Digitech Space Station are pretty much impossible to replicate.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17638
    tFB Trader
    Jalapeno said:
    Barnezy said:

So a Bandit and JC.... come on I'm still waiting for this greatest hits of SS amps you're keeping to yourself! 

Session range, HH-100, Polytone, AER, Henriksen, Asoustic Image, Clarus, Fender Ultralight, ZT lunchbox, DJ Mark range, Roland Cube (yes really - see Chapper's mystery amp video)

EDIT. Forgot the much admired SS "Twin" from Yamaha the GT100

Wisdom awarded

Also
    • Tech 21 Trademark series
    • Quilter
    • Marshall Lead and Valvestate
    • Session
    • Fender 85 (The Creep amp)

All great amps.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    edited June 2020
    Valve amps are terrible and they definitely dont get anywhere near emulating the tone of my favourite band jsut be plugging straight into the front of the amp.

I much prefer my helix amp models, but the problem is they are a bit too good and make everyone else self conscious so I tend to jsut use the FX from the helix into the vale amp jsut to amke everyone more comfortable.

TBH the only reason I have 3 valve heads is because I feel I should do other guitarists a favour and remove some of these shitty sounding anachronisms from general circulation.

Especially my diezel - i wouldnt wish that on anyone. 
    What a kind considerate fellow you are!  Grin horns
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)