Furore at Fulltone.

What's Hot

Comments

• DaigaijinDaigaijin Frets: 61
    Daigaijin said:
    For some of the lads on here that got triggered by the white privilege stuff... here’s a link to the BBC’s Newsround explanation. I know it’s aimed at kids but every day can be a school day if you open your mind.  ;) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52892949
    Excellent the thoroughly unbiased BBC, dripping guilt into the ears of children, truly despicable. End the telly tax, end the propaganda, end the lies, end the insufferable faux moralising. Leave them kids alone
    Haha! fuck sake Nigel. You're choking for Wetherspoons to open again eh?
    Now now Padme, you assume too much! Haven't you got some more self loathing to be getting on with? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    For some of the lads on here that got triggered by the white privilege stuff... here’s a link to the BBC’s Newsround explanation. I know it’s aimed at kids but every day can be a school day if you open your mind.  ;) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52892949
    Excellent the thoroughly unbiased BBC, dripping guilt into the ears of children, truly despicable. End the telly tax, end the propaganda, end the lies, end the insufferable faux moralising. Leave them kids alone
    U ok hon? Xx
    They said you'd be friendly, just peachy thanks, how are you coping? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Daigaijin said:
    Daigaijin said:
    Now now Padme, you assume too much! Haven't you got some more self loathing to be getting on with? 
    Self loathing = understanding basic concepts, right-o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    Daigaijin said:
    No just self loathing not = anything, you know to keep your guilt topped up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    Daigaijin said:
    For some of the lads on here that got triggered by the white privilege stuff... here’s a link to the BBC’s Newsround explanation. I know it’s aimed at kids but every day can be a school day if you open your mind.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52892949
    No one said anything about feeling guilty. If that's your reaction to discussion about race then it's something that you've internalised. I can recognise racial injustice without feeling bad about who I am
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    Daigaijin said:
    For some of the lads on here that got triggered by the white privilege stuff... here’s a link to the BBC’s Newsround explanation. I know it’s aimed at kids but every day can be a school day if you open your mind.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52892949
    No one said anything about feeling guilty. If that's your reaction to discussion about race then it's something that you've internalised. I can recognise racial injustice without feeling bad about who I am
    I would not be so rude as to assume what you think or feel, if you are a good person you will likely do good if not you won't. My preaching to you would be wrong, and to use any form of leverage, say guilt, mockery, or other coercive tactic doesn't sit well, smacks of bullying 

To the point of injustice, it takes many forms, it exists and its been my experience that the rush to correct one injustice usually generates others 

Perhaps a different approach might be for each to take responsibility for themselves alone as we are not God's and cannot see the impact of our actions
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    Daigaijin said:
    I would not be so rude as to assume what you think or feel, if you are a good person you will likely do good if not you won't. My preaching to you would be wrong, and to use any form of leverage, say guilt, mockery, or other coercive tactic doesn't sit well, smacks of bullying 

To the point of injustice, it takes many forms, it exists and its been my experience that the rush to correct one injustice usually generates others 

Perhaps a different approach might be for each to take responsibility for themselves alone as we are not God's and cannot see the impact of our actions
    TL;DR all lives matter
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    Daigaijin said:

TL;DR all lives matter
    Exactly! 

See also: ‘YOU’RE the real racist because you see people as a colour!’  

The UTTER lack of self awareness of ANYONE right now engaging in what-a-boutery (‘blah blah what about the looters! Blah blah all lives matter, Blah blah Lee Rigby! Etc etc...’) is frankly mind-boggling to me. You are all telling on yourself. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Daigaijin said:
    I would not be so rude as to assume what you think or feel, if you are a good pe
    Can you provide one single example of this please?  "Fighting injustice creates injustice" sounds like utter nonsense to me

Daigaijin said:
    That's easy to say when you don't have a policeman standing on your neck

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Perhaps a different approach might be for each to take responsibility for themselves alone as we are not God's and cannot see the impact of our actions.
    I’m loving that unintentional, atheistic little apostrophe. The opiate of the people indeed my friend. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    Daigaijin said:

TL;DR all lives matter
    Exactly! 

See also: ‘YOU’RE the real racist because you see people as a colour!’  

The UTTER lack of self awareness of ANYONE right now engaging in what-a-boutery (‘blah blah what about the looters! Blah blah all lives matter, Blah blah Lee Rigby! Etc etc...’) is frankly mind-boggling to me. You are all telling on yourself. 

I'm genuinly concerned for your welfare, comrade, a boggled mind could be uncomfortable.

Please dont get upset its just someone dissagreeing with you. But thanks for stepping up to point out what appalling people anyone who doesn't share your idological or moral position, no doubt we're all be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

I dont need a preacher or moral guide thanks, and dont need you to agree with me. I just want you to stop telling me what to think or do or say. You have opinions not some sacred truth

Perhaps you might correct my appalling punctuation or spelling or somethng to make yourself feel a little better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    I would not be so rude as to assume what you think or feel, if you are a good pe
    Can you provide one single example of this please?  "Fighting injustice creates injustice" sounds like utter nonsense to me

Daigaijin said:

So you did read it then, thanks, I appreciate it. I dont need you to agree with me, that would imply that I want to coerce you to my way of thinking. I'm not. If I did I would have to take some responsability for you and that would be wrong of me. 

My point is a simple one, perpetrating an injustice to correct another wont work, you just have two injustices

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Paranoid pish, projection and ad-hominem. A hat-trick. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    That’s nonsense. That’s not your point. You got triggered by talk of white privilege and a fucking NEWSROUND article helping kids understand what is meant by the terms they’re seeing around them. 

Reactionary, defensive and nothing to do with ‘injustice’.

So what injustice do you see happening? Other than extrajudicial police murder of black men of course. 
    Paranoid pish, projection and ad-hominem. A hat-trick. 

Thank you, thank you, coming from a Jnr Professor that means so much, Every day is a school day, I'll treasure this, truly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    You can just imagine it in red ink can’t you. 
    You can just imagine it in red ink can’t you. 
    Ha ha Perfect thanks it would have to be red, nice one! 
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:

Daigaijin said:

So you did read it then, thanks, I appreciate it. I dont need you to agree with me, that would imply that I want to coerce you to my way of thinking. I'm not. If I did I would have to take some responsability for you and that would be wrong of me. 

My point is a simple one, perpetrating an injustice to correct another wont work, you just have two injustices

You said:
     its been my experience that the rush to correct one injustice usually generates others 
    What experience is this?  Can you provide examples?  I feel like you're making this up
    perpetrating an injustice to correct another wont work

What injustice is being proposed?  How would abolishing racial discrimination perpetuate further injustice?

edited June 2020
    That’s nonsense. That’s not your point. You got triggered by talk of white privilege and a fucking NEWSROUND article helping kids understand what is meant by the terms they’re seeing around them. 

Reactionary, defensive and nothing to do with ‘injustice’.

So what injustice do you see happening? Other than extrajudicial police murder of black men of course. 
    Thank you your honour for telling me what my point is, throwing a word salad at something you don't choose to understand is not my problem

You're the one shouting please just relax. There is no point in me trying to convince you of anything and I'm not trying to

I don't accept your moral authority so I don't need you to list injustices thanks I can see them for myself I'm just not in the habit of lecturing others on them it's just rude

No matter what I think of your opinion, it's clearly valid to you so fill you boots, but it's doesn't make you right or me wrong But I can live with that 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I... I don’t even know what you’re attempting to say there.