Furore at Fulltone.

What's Hot

Comments

• enjoenjo Frets: 278
    Not all lives matter until black lives matter - that's the point.

Fulltone comes across as aggressive and self centred - not the type of person I'd want to transact with personally.

To flip this into something positive, Zach from Mythos has been pretty much the polar opposite, doing a run of pedals with profits donated to charity and has fast been and helpful in replying to emails.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    I would not be so rude as to assume what you think or feel, if you are a good pe
    To the point of injustice, it takes many forms, it exists and its been my experience that the rush to correct one injustice usually generates others 
    Can you provide one single example of this please?  "Fighting injustice creates injustice" sounds like utter nonsense to me

Daigaijin said:
    Perhaps a different approach might be for each to take responsibility for themselves alone as we are not God's and cannot see the impact of our actions
    That's easy to say when you don't have a policeman standing on your neck

So you did read it then, thanks, I appreciate it. I dont need you to agree with me, that would imply that I want to coerce you to my way of thinking. I'm not. If I did I would have to take some responsability for you and that would be wrong of me. 

My point is a simple one, perpetrating an injustice to correct another wont work, you just have two injustices

You said:
     its been my experience that the rush to correct one injustice usually generates others 
    What experience is this?  Can you provide examples?  I feel like you're making this up
    perpetrating an injustice to correct another wont work

What injustice is being proposed?  How would abolishing racial discrimination perpetuate further injustice?

He’s unwilling to answer that. Been asked 4 times. The last ad-hominem reply is barely coherent. Save yourself. That awesome Clapton documentary is on in 20 minutes. I’m away for a bottle of Chivas or Auchentoshan if it’s still on offer, and to watch that. Clapton is a man with racist undertones that I enjoy listening to at least. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    roberty said:
    Daigaijin said:
    I would not be so rude as to assume what you think or feel, if you are a good pe
    To the point of injustice, it takes many forms, it exists and its been my experience that the rush to correct one injustice usually generates others 
    Can you provide one single example of this please?  "Fighting injustice creates injustice" sounds like utter nonsense to me

Daigaijin said:
    Perhaps a different approach might be for each to take responsibility for themselves alone as we are not God's and cannot see the impact of our actions
    That's easy to say when you don't have a policeman standing on your neck

So you did read it then, thanks, I appreciate it. I dont need you to agree with me, that would imply that I want to coerce you to my way of thinking. I'm not. If I did I would have to take some responsability for you and that would be wrong of me. 

My point is a simple one, perpetrating an injustice to correct another wont work, you just have two injustices

You said:
     its been my experience that the rush to correct one injustice usually generates others 
    What experience is this?  Can you provide examples?  I feel like you're making this up
    perpetrating an injustice to correct another wont work

What injustice is being proposed?  How would abolishing racial discrimination perpetuate further injustice?

He’s unwilling to answer that. Been asked 4 times. The last ad-hominem reply is barely coherent. Save yourself. That awesome Clapton documentary is on in 20 minutes. I’m away for a bottle of Chivas or Auchentoshan if it’s still on offer, and to watch that. Clapton is a man with racist undertones that I enjoy listening to at least. 
    If he can't answer we'll have to assume he's talking out of his arse
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    enjo said:
    Not all lives matter until black lives matter - that's the point.

Fulltone comes across as aggressive and self centred - not the type of person I'd want to transact with personally.

To flip this into something positive, Zach from Mythos has been pretty much the polar opposite, doing a run of pedals with profits donated to charity and has fast been and helpful in replying to emails.
    Mate! Exactly! I made a post saying that maybe a positive thing to do would be to discuss pedal makers of colour and added two links. My thread got moved and merged here. Mike Fuller displayed tactless white privilege and experienced the kickback, he apologised (quite sincerely I thought). Like I said, if that bothers anyone, and you can see that it clearly has, then in my opinion, that reflects badly on them. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Apparently the Dogman FX guy I originally linked has been inundated too through shout outs on Twitter and has sold out of everything. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    Ahahah, Keeley was on video kissing trump's ass just a month or so ago.
    Jota said:
    Really? Got a link? :-/ 
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    roberty said:
    Jota said:
    Really? Got a link? :-/ 

He took the video down on the same day.
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3675
    What about MXR?  Any dirt?  Can we hate them today?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6702
    Mate there's loads of dirt on MXR. Just check their product page. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @goldtop ;
    Watch the above video and let us know what you think.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4174
    soma1975 said:
    Mate there's loads of dirt on MXR. Just check their product page. 
    What about Boss? Been lording it over everyone for years.
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    @goldtop ;
    The premise of what he's saying is that 'white privilege' is a crime that all whites are labelled with.
    He's wrong right of the bat - it's not a crime, it's just a reality. 

That's like saying tall people are cheating at basketball because they have longer legs. They aren't cheating but it's clearly an advantage.
    (the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oh look it's Hitler Kermit and his strawman bullshit
    I prefer actual Kermit's position on race politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRZ-IxZ46ng
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Karlos said:
    @goldtop ;;
    The premise of what he's saying is that 'white privilege' is a crime that all whites are labelled with.
    He's wrong right of the bat - it's not a crime, it's just a reality. 

That's like saying tall people are cheating at basketball because they have longer legs. They aren't cheating but it's clearly an advantage.
    The way that white privilege as a concept is used is exactly that of it being a crime. We are told we should pay reparations. We are told we should shut up and listen to other people's lived experiences at the expense of our own. Sure seems like a crime to me. We are told that this is a global phenomenon that doesn't change the facts. So regardless of demographics, regardless of borders, regardless of history, white people have privilege. We are told that this is true even when white people are the majority homeless. The majority suicides. The minority in cities and countries. 

"It's just a reality" is yet another attempt to prevent criticism or analysis of this social theory. It's not a very useful response.

Happy to discuss what the potential limits of white privilege are. I'm very curious as to when it stops applying. When can white people remove their privilege? Under what circumstances are other races more privileged than white people? Are there any other factors that could complicate white privilege and make it's ramifications upon the world more or less severe?

These are honest questions. I'm looking for dialogue.

roberty said:
    Oh look it's Hitler Kermit and his strawman bullshit
    I don't know if you're aware of how this sort of thing comes across, but it's not big, and it's not clever. It's very not clever tbh.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • @Karlos - Seriously, let's have a chat about this. You seem like someone worth talking to.

Bye!