Is there a band that you have followed forever and still love?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• The Police..  Sting was right to fold it before they waned.

So many didn't and suffered..  Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, U2 to name just a few..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22861
    The Police..  Sting was right to fold it before they waned.

So many didn't and suffered..  Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, U2 to name just a few..
    In all three of those cases, their careers would have been curtailed extremely early if they'd wound things up before the quality dropped off! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Deep Purple, been a fan since I was a young lad and still my favourite band.

Some great music from all the different line ups but hard to see past the Mark 2 band as their peak.

I really like the Morse era stuff, it's great to see them having fun on stage again and they've played lots of deep cuts live that Blackmore never would. 

• rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Roy Harper

Brett Marvin and the Thunderbolts
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    Clutch !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Got to be Biffy Clyro for me. 

First saw them in 2001ish as a support band, opening for Vex Red in the tiny Manchester Academy 3. Blew me away with their intensity. Have seen them on every UK tour since, bar one year. 

Lots of fans draw a line between their first three albums on an indie label and their major label career since 2007's Puzzle, but I think they've developed massively as musicians and writers whilst still sounding distinctly like themselves and fitting loads of interesting and creative musical ideas in to every album. To watch a band you fell in love with when they were playing shit clubs to 30 people go on to become one of the biggest rock bands in the country, headlining festivals and selling out arenas whllst still being the same mad noisy bastards they were 20 years ago is ace. They've done the hard graft and earned it, and still make incredible music. Love them.