FOOTBALL - Ole Solskjaer out - how long before we here the chant rise from below

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    For all the injuries to the defence, for all the off form from their front 3, Liverpool is still right there in the mix.  Honestly that is quite impressive.  Although i think teams are starting to figure them out and finding ways to neutralise them.  It's going to be a close race and really can't think who can win it for certain.  It seems anyone can win it and anyone can lose it this season.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1051
    I think it will be Man City, they are now consistently good results wise and look like an excellent team capable of winning it.

Man U are just a mixture of excellent players, who manage to find wins, but they don’t produce the play that Man City do. They seem to win though small periods of decent play rather than being consistently good throughout like Man City. If the competition was strong Man U wouldn’t be up there. 

Liverpool could pip Man City if they get players back, but maybe too late by the time they get themselves together.

Leicester are playing very well, they have a decent squad and probably the second best performing team at the moment, and have had horrendous injury problems at the start of the season, so they could very well stay in the mix if they stay injury free.

Spurs will do a Spurs, Chelsea are dreadful, Everton are very good but don’t have the experience to get over the line. 

Man City
    liverpool
    Leicester
    Man U
    Spurs
    Everton
    Chelsea 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    edited January 2021
    Klopp out?  
    Don't forget they have 47 first team players out injured, apparently...  =)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave8Dave8 Frets: 244
    Hattigol said:
    Klopp out?  
    First team to suffer an injury to a player in the history of football. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    Hattigol said:
    Klopp out?  
    Dave8 said:

First team to suffer an injury to a player in the history of football. 
    come on lads don't take the piss

Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14270
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    Klopp out?  

If Spurs and Everton win their games in hand then LFC down to 6th and not forgetting Villa could make it worse than that - Will still be hard to bet against them finishing in the top 3 or 4 though - Did not realise Burnley had such a record against defending champions over the last few years

27 shots doesn't make LFC a poor side - But at the moment they are certainly not as effective as the last 2 years - For whatever reason that is - Great for a tight title race though - But remember the 'decline' YTD of LFC has made a lot of this possible and not so much a marginal 'gain' by others - Looks to be playing in to the hands of MCFC who look like they are finding their form to hit 90 plus points again - That could well be the difference as you don't see others reaching that land mark - I don't know how the odds have changed in the last 1-2 months for a MCFC title

3 points out of the last 15 for LFC - Only Newcastle and Wolves are worse than this - And this is clearly the difference between a front running LFC and a tight title race

Fancy Burnley achieving what MUFC dare not try to achieve

Who is the money on for the next managerial change - Newcastle or Chelsea - I know which I'd prefer/hope for 
    Just watched Klopp's BBC interview. 4 mins long - guess how many times he gave credit to Burnley? 

Sauerkraut. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338

It's so annoying that Man U chickened out and didn't go for the kill. We may well rue giving away those two points.
    edited January 2021
    axisus said:

It's so annoying that Man U chickened out and didn't go for the kill. We may well rue giving away those two points.
    If Pogba's goal had gone in, would you still be saying United chickened out?

Bruno had an off day. It happens - rarely, thankfully.

Priority was to stay top of the League. Which we did. Now 6 clear of that lot.

Fergie would have played it with exactly the same tactics.
    tFB Trader
    See what he does on Sunday - Remembering various semi finals and a lack luster effort each time last season - He appears to adopt don't loose policy before trying to win - Again think Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and MCFC this year - Yet they have the skill level to take them on

Sunday could be a very interesting game
    See what he does on Sunday - Remembering various semi finals and a lack luster effort each time last season - He appears to adopt don't loose policy before trying to win - Again think Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and MCFC this year - Yet they have the skill level to take them on

I've been his biggest critic but don't you think the fact they are top of the table means his strategy hasn't been all that bad?

Maybe we should play 10 up front like Bielsa....  =)
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    See what he does on Sunday - Remembering various semi finals and a lack lustre effort each time last season - He appears to adopt don't loose policy before trying to win - Again think Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and MCFC this year - Yet they have the skill level to take them on

I've been his biggest critic but don't you think the fact they are top of the table means his strategy hasn't been all that bad?

What the 'eck has MB got to do with this - We are not trying to compete at that level - But I bet we scared LFC more than MUFC did and only 1 point difference to show for it 

The fact that they could be further ahead is the point - You know as well as I do that he blew it last year in 2/3 semis and the performance this year against Chelsea, Arsenal and MCFC was very bland and not much more enterprising against LFC - Yet he has the talent on the pitch to do more - I repeat, IMO, he appears to play not to loose first 
    tFB Trader
    wow - Kevin De Bruyne and J Vardy both out for a few weeks - Potential impact - More so Leicester - Depth of squad was always the potential down fall
    Hattigol said:
    See what he does on Sunday - Remembering various semi finals and a lack lustre effort each time last season - He appears to adopt don't loose policy before trying to win - Again think Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and MCFC this year - Yet they have the skill level to take them on

What the 'eck has MB got to do with this - We are not trying to compete at that level - But I bet we scared LFC more than MUFC did and only 1 point difference to show for it 

The fact that they could be further ahead is the point - You know as well as I do that he blew it last year in 2/3 semis and the performance this year against Chelsea, Arsenal and MCFC was very bland and not much more enterprising against LFC - Yet he has the talent on the pitch to do more - I repeat, IMO, he appears to play not to loose first 
    I don't think you will find many United fans complaining about not being further ahead, to be honest. Nor will you find many who are currently preoccupied by 'bland' League performances against the teams you've mentioned.

You have made the point several times that Ole 'chickened out' with his tactics. My point was that he didn't - he played a very astute game, took a point, stayed top of the table and if one of the best 2-3 chances of the game had gone in, he would have won it. 

I mentioned Bielsa as an example of how going all out to win it more often than not results in coming away with nothing. 
  • Dave8Dave8 Frets: 244
    Ole is in a position where he is changing a squad from always counter attacking to one where they take the game to the opposition. 

Lasts season Ole’s record against the fictional “top 6” was excellent... but that was by purely counter attacking. he is now transitioning to be a team with more possession of the ball... which he is doing more cautiously against the stronger teams, he has made a lot of progress.. and in seasons to come he will be aiming to be more in control of the bigger games. 

Klopp did a similar thing when he took over Liverpool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:

I don't think you will find many United fans complaining about not being further ahead, to be honest. Nor will you find many who are currently preoccupied by 'bland' League performances against the teams you've mentioned.

You have made the point several times that Ole 'chickened out' with his tactics. My point was that he didn't - he played a very astute game, took a point, stayed top of the table and if one of the best 2-3 chances of the game had gone in, he would have won it. 

I mentioned Bielsa as an example of how going all out to win it more often than not results in coming away with nothing. 
    No one has ever won a game of football, let alone a title, based on ifs 

Ref MB - I think his game plan, overall, will be fine for us for now, but will need to be refined to move further up the table next year etc - But the question is also, is it the game plan that is wrong, or the execution of the game plan ? - Take into account most of the players he has used for the bulk of this year, were playing at a level below PL for many years - Either way I agree it has its problems for LUFC long term - The greatest asset they have right now is an energy level that few can match, but of course it won't and hasn't worked in all games - I know it is a different game now, but IMO one of the greatest teams ever, Brazil 1970, played with 1 attack all attack and what many did not know is that all 5 forwards, 7-11 - Jarazinho, Gerson, Tostoa, Pele and Revalino (sorry about any bad spellings) were all #10's at club level 
    Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:

Ref MB - I think his game plan, overall, will be fine for us for now, but will need to be refined to move further up the table next year etc - But the question is also, is it the game plan that is wrong, or the execution of the game plan ? - Take into account most of the players he has used for the bulk of this year, were playing at a level below PL for many years - Either way I agree it has its problems for LUFC long term - The greatest asset they have right now is an energy level that few can match, but of course it won't and hasn't worked in all games - I know it is a different game now, but IMO one of the greatest teams ever, Brazil 1970, played with 1 attack all attack and what many did not know is that all 5 forwards, 7-11 - Jarazinho, Gerson, Tostoa, Pele and Revalino (sorry about any bad spellings) were all #10's at club level 
    I wouldn't make the assumption that'll be the Premiership table if I were you!  

Did you watch the Crawley and Brighton games?  ;)
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:

I wouldn't make the assumption that'll be the Premiership table if I were you!  

Did you watch the Crawley and Brighton games?  ;)
    Brighton was the worse I've seen us play for 12 months or so - Bad day's in the office happen to all of us - Did you see us against W Brom - Swap Crawley for the 3rd round in the FA Cup in 2010 to see such bad days can happen  - But totally know that nothing is a for gone conclusion - I recall you hinting that you thought 11 points might even be a challenge to far + favourites to be relegated when not one major bookies had us in that place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well @guitars4you - did they 'chicken out' today?
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    Well @guitars4you - did they 'chicken out' today?
    You like having a dig don't you - Decent game to watch today - TBH the only tie I've watched all weekend - But could have gone either way, so interesting game to watch and for a good part of the game some quality out there on both sides   - Who do you want in the 6th round ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom