FOOTBALL - Ole Solskjaer out - how long before we here the chant rise from below

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    edited January 2021
    A dig? Not at all. Just a question. 
    Not fussed re opposition. We tend to play better against the better teams.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4703

West Ham at Old Trafford next.

Good game today.  Nice to see a bit less caution from both teams and a game that was a credit to the competition.  Could have gone either way.

• kinkin Frets: 1015

"Fancy Burnley achieving what MUFC dare not try to achieve "

"I think OGS had not got the guts to be fully proactive and really take on LFC yesterday "

TBF @guitars4you these comments could be construed as being a bit a a dig too.

Ah well, all good. Liverpool have been excellent for the last couple of years, as a United fan i don't like it but can appreciate good football. We are making good progress but I still don't think we have enough for a proper tilt at the title and a couple of weeks from now everything could look very different.

At least @Schnozz seems to have lost his taste for gravy and commenting on football matters lol.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14270
    tFB Trader

West Ham at Old Trafford next.

Good game today.  Nice to see a bit less caution from both teams and a game that was a credit to the competition.  Could have gone either way.

Fair comment on the 'credit to the competition' - So many matches now in the FA Cup are bland - Both sides yesterday had strong sides out and both showed interest in a potential win 
    tFB Trader
    kin said:

"Fancy Burnley achieving what MUFC dare not try to achieve "

"I think OGS had not got the guts to be fully proactive and really take on LFC yesterday "

TBF @guitars4you these comments could be construed as being a bit a a dig too.

Ah well, all good. Liverpool have been excellent for the last couple of years, as a United fan i don't like it but can appreciate good football. We are making good progress but I still don't think we have enough for a proper tilt at the title and a couple of weeks from now everything could look very different.

At least @Schnozz seems to have lost his taste for gravy and commenting on football matters lol.
    I bet I can guess were the 1 wiz came from

The big issue with many football fans, is the tribal nature of following your club - It ensures many do not have a balanced view and very little interest in praising others - Not saying this about you, but many other supporters - You expressed some praise towards LFC

Yes MUFC took on LFC yesterday and showed they can play in a positive way - We know the squad and talent is there, but I still stand by a view that OGS could have been more proactive in the PL Game - Many other good pundits have expressed similar thoughts - Looking at yesterday it showed they could have taken down LFC in the PL and be a further 2 points clear - I'm hoping that by the end of March only 4-6 points still splits the top 6 and the others not far behind - Let's have the best finish to the PL yet with all options open for many CL and UEFA places 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

No need to guess, Mark. Just hover over it and you'll see - my 'guess' would be the same person who lolled your last post.

I'll ignore the latest dig  ;)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:

No need to guess, Mark. Just hover over it and you'll see - my 'guess' would be the same person who lolled your last post.

I'll ignore the latest dig  ;)
    We both know where this is going and I dare say the feelings are mutual
    edited January 2021
    Deleted. I'm done here.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4539
    That was never a free kick etc.. it's not often Salah scores twice and we lose. Well played utd
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    DesVegas said:
    That was never a free kick etc.. it's not often Salah scores twice and we lose. Well played utd
    MotD seemed to think it was a free kick. looked a bit soft to me but you win some you lose some. Great free kick though! Good first goal from Salah, you could just see it going in from the lead up. I'm always glad to get a win over Liverpool, but I think I'd have preferred a league win.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    As a Liverpool fan, I'd take a win in the Leyland Daf trophy just now. Any win, any competition. At least we scored yesterday but we look completely average (at best) currently, injuries or not. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Free kick was soft but a free kick any day of the week in the modern game.

Flip side, I thought mane was lucky not to have a var check on his challenge. I think laws of the game might have given it as a red. Not saying I though it was red. Its just that luck /decisions go two ways 
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    GRAVY!!!!!  LOL
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2291
    tony99 said:
    Hattigol said:
    Klopp out?  
    Don't forget they have 47 first team players out injured, apparently...  =)
    Dave8 said:

First team to suffer an injury to a player in the history of football. 
    come on lads don't take the piss

Love it. Pissed myself laughing well done. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Well that was a fun watch
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12371
    joeyowen said:
    Well that was a fun watch
    Was for me, I’m a Pompey fan!   : )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I couldn't get excited, which is weird after a 9 nill'er! Great to see them get some confidence back. But the VAR stuff didn't help last night, it ruined the excitement. And I'm still gutted we threw the Liverpool, Sheffield United and Arsenal chances away. Missed opportunities that we'll definitely regret come May - not taking anything away from these teams performances at all, they deserved what they got, we didn't work hard enough to change that.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Last night was great! What was galling was the Sheffield Utd match. Apparently in the official match report the ref admitted that he made 2 mistakes - Man U goal should have stood, Sheff Utd one should not have. Bastard! That is the crux of the problem with football as a sport, the officiating is pretty sh*te. I'm not necessarily talking about individual refs, but the fact that the system that Football adopted from day one isn't up to the task.
    edited February 2021
    axisus said:
    Last night was great! What was galling was the Sheffield Utd match. Apparently in the official match report the ref admitted that he made 2 mistakes - Man U goal should have stood, Sheff Utd one should not have. Bastard! That is the crux of the problem with football as a sport, the officiating is pretty sh*te. I'm not necessarily talking about individual refs, but the fact that the system that Football adopted from day one isn't up to the task.
    In fairness, a) it was Sheffield United (who had won once previously, and b) aside from those incidents, there was another 88 mins or so in which United could have taken matters into their own hands to try and win the game. 

Referees make mistakes. They always will. It's frustrating that it always seems to be their decisions rather than the actual match which always seem to take centre stage these days. Moaning about decisions just gives teams and managers an easy way out.
    edited February 2021
    Hattigol said:

In fairness, a) it was Sheffield United (who had won once previously ...

It's a principle, makes no difference who the team is

Hattigol said:

b) aside from those incidents, there was another 88 mins or so in which United could have taken matters into their own hands to try and win the game. 

I can't disagree with that!

However, matches should be won or lost on correct decisions.