FOOTBALL - Ole Solskjaer out - how long before we here the chant rise from below

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Can VAR please just fuck off.

Great goal by spurs.  But fuck a doodle do, how did they rule out the Cavani goal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4602
    I had a look and no one in the world had money on Fred scoring
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727
    joeyowen said:
    Can VAR please just fuck off.

Great goal by spurs.  But fuck a doodle do, how did they rule out the Cavani goal

Pissed me off the way Son made such a meal of it, then suddenly recovered to score.  Pity as it was a great goal, but right result. Avenges the 1-6 a little. 

It’s frustrating though, we beat spurs, City and Milan away in the last month or so but are still so far behind City, both in points and in consistency.   
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    Yes, he made a meal of it. But the upshot of that was that the goal was disallowed. That's why players do it and it worked for him.

Shame that it chalked off a fabulously worked goal. Cavavi on his day is awesome. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11970
    Hattigol said:
    Yes, he made a meal of it. But the upshot of that was that the goal was disallowed. That's why players do it and it worked for him.

Shame that it chalked off a fabulously worked goal. Cavavi on his day is awesome. 
    I think he was trying to swat away Son's hand when Son was grabbing his shirt, so for that reason I'd deem that Son started the process, and therefore no foul

Even if we accept it as a foul, I think Son should have a yellow card for simulation: no way on earth would that light touch to the face result in someone lying on the ground for ages. I remember standing in a nightclub toilet once and a glass bottle bounced off my head, I didn't collapse to the ground, I just thought "ouch".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Listening to TalkSport this morning, all three presenters plus guests (including Spurs hero Tim Sherwood) thought that was a shocking and appalling decision to disallow the goal (a very good goal as well!). The biggest problem with VAR is that the officials are incredibly poor at interpreting anything. 

Unlike other sports, many football refs just are not good enough.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11345
    Oh the horror of a goal disallowed for Man U because an opponent may have overreacted.

Far better to claim that the ball never crossed the line when the entire world except for the ref and linesman could see that Pedro Mendes' shot was a yard over the goal line.

Karma. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27674
    I read with interest all the reports that Mourinho has completely split the Spurs dressing room.

Half the team want him gone at the end of the season.

The other half don't want to wait that long.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    scrumhalf said:
    Oh the horror of a goal disallowed for Man U because an opponent may have overreacted.

Far better to claim that the ball never crossed the line when the entire world except for the ref and linesman could see that Pedro Mendes' shot was a yard over the goal line.

Karma. 
    Wow. 16 years. Is that a world record for holding onto a bitter memory?

If karma is you getting beaten 3 1 when it should in fact have been 4 1, I guess I can just about live with that  ;)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

Disappointing last night, poor performance. Not here to call for Ole’s head, just could’t be bothered to start a new thread.

No my point is the Man U CB’s need improving.  Defensively lax but going forward they offer nothing.  Decent teams have actual all round footballers in these positions with vision, but without Maguire they literally offer nothing.   

Credit to Villarreal though, they were organised, worked hard and clearly know Man U are clueless against teams that sit back and keep it tight.

• euaneuan Frets: 1510
    The problem with Ole is no matter how good he is, the club exists to service debt and provide a cheeky income to the Glazers. Whether they win or not is utterly secondary.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7372
    Few of my friends have had bets for an English team to win the Europa and CL for months now. CL obviously nailed on, they were pretty excited for the match last night hahaha.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9608
    Im amazed at the response of some Man Utd fans this season...

Wow.

UEFA Cup (or whatever its called now) Final, second in the league, and no away loses all season !!!

Man alive, real crisis happens elsewhere.

Just enjoy it. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Very disappointing result but that's football - amazing highs, horrible lows. I bet Henderson is pissed off. 

Personally I'm all for keeping Ole, The manager merry-go-round never seems to be the answer. We have a few players not up to scratch, the danger is we could lose Fernandes if we don't up our game. That would be a disaster!

Oh well, roll on next season ...
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Im amazed at the response of some Man Utd fans this season...

Wow.

UEFA Cup (or whatever its called now) Final, second in the league, and no away loses all season !!!

Man alive, real crisis happens elsewhere.

Just enjoy it. 
    True, but it's the manner of some games that's a worry.  We won a lot of games on a penalty (rightly given), or an individual piece of skill from a player, Greenwood/Bruno/Cavani.  What happens sometimes though, if Bruno is man marked, or Rashford doesn't recover form, then we are clueless.

Emery did a great job against us last night, and they 100% deserved the win.

The fact they made 5 subs before we even made 1, is staggeringly worrying.  I'd hate to think how low on confidence a lot of the bench will be now.

Second is nice, and so is a final.  But realistically, we were nowhere near first, and nowhere near winning last night
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7372
    I don't think man u fans can complain. From how they performed at the end of last season I thought they'd win the league this year. They came second and got to the final of the Europa. Not exactly dreadful.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    Game last night was dire. Man U were completely devoid of ideas. Manager only had plan A and was scared to lose.

I think 2nd in the league is flattering and owes more to Liverpool's mid season implosion and Chelsea's lack of a goal scorer..

They desperately need a squad refresh across multiple positions. The quality is just not there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 668

They desperately need a squad refresh across multiple positions. The quality is just not there.
    Debatable - they've spaffed obscene amounts in the transfer market since Ferguson departed and its made little difference.
    Meanwhile, Utd's cast off players have taken up key positions in league winning teams across Europe.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11915
    Too many players had an off night, the guy who is in form (Cavani) couldn't get the ball.  The one time the ball landed at his feet it went in.  There was simply no service to him.  

1 lapse of concentration let in a set piece...

Disappointed but i wouldn't say it's a game to get Ole out.  
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14363
    tFB Trader
    Game last night was dire. Man U were completely devoid of ideas. Manager only had plan A and was scared to lose.

I think 2nd in the league is flattering and owes more to Liverpool's mid season implosion and Chelsea's lack of a goal scorer..

I totally agree with the first line and think you have a strong case on the 2nd line  - I think Ole has done a decent job and compared to many other clubs in the PL, then 2nd and a cup final is a success story - But to MUFC it is not

I disagree with the last line - They have many fine players - Kane would be a big bonus, as he would for Chelsea - But based on the game plan last night, Kane would barely have had a chance or a look in - It is more about how they are set-up and want to play - Last night they offered little vision/flair/excitement, which has been an issue for a chunk of the Ole period, especially in a few key games - I know any team can have an off day, but was it 2 or 3 shots on target in 2 hours of open play last night ? That is not the way to achieve success

Watch the game again (don't fall asleep) - But many times when Villarreal had 10 men behind the ball, MUFC would always have 3 hanging deeper than the Villarreal defensive line, sometimes 4 and sometimes 5 - So many times MUFC were just passing a ball, near the 1/2 line, to these guys, so effectively they had to many of their own guys behind the ball - That means 10 men defending against 5/6 or 7 offensive players - Some fans/pundits are moaning about the defence and maybe as a big overview they might need changes  there - But last night the defence was not really an issue at all, to the point that apart from the extra time slot then Villarreal offered little in open play

Man U either needed to have more zip with the passing/movement, with in those one touch pass 'n' go triangles, so as to create a gap, as you draw one of their players out, and/or they need more trickery from attack minded players who will actually take on a Villarreal defender, even in tight spaces - You can't always attack in space, especially when it is not provided to you - Man U where pretty much static in the offensive movement and many key players staying in their chosen sector of the pitch - Watch MCFC and KDB, Foden etc etc pop up all over the place so harder to know who is where and when 

I don't think the answer is just spend spend spend - The game plan, vision, creation and excitement can be changed and created with the many fine players they already have