Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Telecaster Tuesday - show us your Teles!

What's Hot

Comments

• LewisJLewisJ Frets: 30
    edited September 2020
    https://imgur.com/echEscI

My partscaster, done on the cheap mainly but the TV's are real and sound amazing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreeze said:
    adam1990 said:
    https://i.imgur.com/mfoAYyG.jpg

My online bargain that turn out to be an awesome guitar 
    what is it, I like the finish?
    It's a LPB American Original 60's Tele. The finish really pops in the sunlight. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adam1990 said:
    thebreeze said:
    adam1990 said:

The noise in the photo makes it look like a sparkle finish.
  • adam1990 said:
    thebreeze said:
    adam1990 said:

Mine has a bit of a sparkle, I'll post an image that really shows it off. 
  • thebreeze said:
    There’s some very cool Teles here all round.  My fave has to be Poopot’s, but I’ve got a soft spot for OP’s AO too.  Bit late to the party but here are mine (green one has a U neck, blackguard has a 10/56 V)

Love the Sherwood Green with the Tort guard. Very nice.

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adam1990 said:
    thebreeze said:
    adam1990 said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/pLCvdOo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Recent acquisition - I really like this one , a CS '63 Tele.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1 said:
    Recent acquisition - I really like this one , a CS '63 Tele.

The twin to mine in the first post. What are the specs?
    I honestly don't know. I just took a chance on it and liked it the other day. I'll have to look up the spec sometime - it's a 2003 model.
    Call me Dave.
  • DB1 said:
    I honestly don't know. I just took a chance on it and liked it the other day. I'll have to look up the spec sometime - it's a 2003 model.
    Ah interesting! If you can be arsed e mailing Fender they will send you the floor traveler! 
    Thanks for that - I didn’t know that they did them in 2003. I'll check that. 
    Call me Dave.
  •  3 of mine :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here's mine:

2016 American Standard, crimson red transparent over a two part ash body. This was from the high watermark of the Stratification of US Standard Teles, with a belly cut, strat saddles and a very stratty neck pickup. Purists may shudder, but I love it. This picture doesn't do the finish justice, it's absolutely gorgeous and always makes me want to pick up and play.

The neck pickup is the stock Twisted Tele, the bridge is a CS Nocaster '51 I picked up on the classifieds - exactly the combo @smudge_lad pulled out of his, so I guess tastes vary! I think it's a great pairing - really diverse sounds from the two, but with a middle position that combines them beautifully, particularly with some modulation going, where the neck pickup just wallows in the effect while the bridge cuts through.

I had to put a pretty dramatic drop on the neck pickup to stop the bass being too overpowering, though - not sure if that's something to do with the big jazz bass magnets they put in the TT pickup.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alexlotl said:

The neck pickup is the stock Twisted Tele, the bridge is a CS Nocaster '51 I picked up on the classifieds - exactly the combo @smudge_lad pulled out of his, so I guess tastes vary! I think it's a great pairing - really diverse sounds from the two, but with a middle position that combines them beautifully, particularly with some modulation going, where the neck pickup just wallows in the effect while the bridge cuts through.

It wasn't the tones as such that I wasn't keen on, it was the power. When I got the blue Tele, naturally it was the only one I played for a few weeks. I had it plugged into my Bad Cat and never really noticed right away that I had the amp settings in completely different territory than what I was used to. The pre-amp and master volumes were set a lot higher, and it still didn't sound like I was getting much breakup/drive from the amp. I initially thought my amp was maybe goosed!

Plugged in my other Tele, and nearly blew my head off on the first strum! Ha ha!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 659
    edited October 2020
    It’s not Tuesday but what the heck...

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    edited September 2020
    Here’s my partscaster: bits of a Squier CV, but also some Montys, Fender USA, Bardens, All Parts, Gotoh, etc. Naughty decal I confess which may come off soon
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    edited September 2020
    Sorry I'm late to he party...the only Tele I've ever had (and still have)

2006 60th Diamond anniversary Tele (with the jewel in the headstock - Also have the matching strat)

Surprised me how this thing can growl, kinda expected the country & western twang but this thing roars

https://i.imgur.com/AvWykf4.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love that it's Straturday but Tele Tuesday is still going strong! 
  • Slash'N'burnSlash'N'burn Frets: 162
    edited September 2020
    American standard, Ash slab body. Not very twangy by has great ringing tone, neck pickup sounds incredible and quite Hendrix-y. Originally planned to refinish the body but never got around to it.