Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Telecaster Tuesday - show us your Teles!

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2804
    Whilst we’re on the double bounds.....I foolishly sold my blackguard.  I can’t really understand it but I didn’t think I’d find anything as good again. Anyway, this came up and I’m mighty pleased with it.  I really wanted another 10/56 V neck, which this has and it’s a compound radius 7.25-9.5.  Loving the pickups which are h/w Loaded Nocasters - no idea what the Loaded means but they’re perfect to my ears.  It’s incredibly articulate and responsive - I see what people mean when they say Teles can be unforgiving, but I like that, every note is so clear, there’s a kind of three dimensional quality to them, it picks up every touch and movement.  Brilliant guitar, well chuffed.  Weighs 6.13lbs and the colour is Aged Firemist Silver - really interesting colour somewhere between sonic blue, grey, green and silver depending on the light.  I think a purist wouldn’t approve of putting a 50’s neck with a 60’s body but it works for me.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KDS said:
    I've just done a video with two of the teles from the original post. A stab at some Robben Ford. 

Nice liked the difference in tone with the tele’s
    Cheers mate!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreeze said:
    Whilst we’re on the double bounds.....I foolishly sold my blackguard.  I can’t really understand it but I didn’t think I’d find anything as good again. Anyway, this came up and I’m mighty pleased with it.  I really wanted another 10/56 V neck, which this has and it’s a compound radius 7.25-9.5.  Loving the pickups which are h/w Loaded Nocasters - no idea what the Loaded means but they’re perfect to my ears.  It’s incredibly articulate and responsive - I see what people mean when they say Teles can be unforgiving, but I like that, every note is so clear, there’s a kind of three dimensional quality to them, it picks up every touch and movement.  Brilliant guitar, well chuffed.  Weighs 6.13lbs and the colour is Aged Firemist Silver - really interesting colour somewhere between sonic blue, grey, green and silver depending on the light.  I think a purist wouldn’t approve of putting a 50’s neck with a 60’s body but it works for me.

WOW! That's a stunner!
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2804
    MikeBowes said:
    Here's a pair of double bounds I have recently built... the burst is a '59 spec, and the blonde is based on early 60's spec.

">

I really like that aged tint you’ve got on the binding on the ‘59
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    edited December 2020
    I know it's not Tuesday* any more, but my Facebook memories today included the Charvel that I had, which apparently arrived two years ago today... predictably, the post was gushing with how fantastic it is... also predictably, I don't have it any more lol

*some would say also not a Telecaster
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My Fender Wilko Tele. The best playing and sounding Tele I've ever used.