Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Telecaster Tuesday - show us your Teles!

What's Hot

Comments

• IsambardKentuckyIsambardKentucky Frets: 156
    edited October 2020
    One for the Tele Clan (also - what a studio!)  https://youtu.be/4n1yBdSghA4
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited October 2020
    Some lovely posts here!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9676
    American standard, Ash slab body. Not very twangy by has great ringing tone, neck pickup sounds incredible and quite Hendrix-y. Originally planned to refinish the body but never got around to it.

Looks similar to mine. What year?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    edited October 2020
     https://imgur.com/1Y6nFuv (why isn't the "insert image" thing working?)

Telecaster Deluxe '72 Reissue.  It was a very undeserved gift from the most energetic and generous person I've ever known, and it's the only "lifer" among my electrics.  The pickguard, pots, pickups (Fralin p90s), and knobs are all mods, though.  I grew to dislike the WRHBs that come stock on these models.
  • HAL9000 said:
    American standard, Ash slab body. Not very twangy by has great ringing tone, neck pickup sounds incredible and quite Hendrix-y. Originally planned to refinish the body but never got around to it.

2006 I think. I need to sort that tiny pic out!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9676
    HAL9000 said:

2006 I think. I need to sort that tiny pic out!
    Mine’s a 2004 in Lite Ash. I’d agree about the twang. Mine's a nice sounding guitar but it doesn’t really have that Tele ‘spank’. I’m quite tempted by the 50s Vintera just to have something that sounds (and looks) a bit more like my idea of a Tele.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • LogieLogie Frets: 443
    edited October 2020
    1996 USA Fender Tele Plus V2

https://i.imgur.com/hlJnCLt.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • I recently converted my Squier FSR Esquire into a Double Esquire. More accurately, I took the neck off the Esquire and added it to a bunch of parts I acquired separately – a 'loaded pickguard' with hand wound pickups from a CS Nocaster, a Mastery bridge and a Vintera 50s body. The colour is a bit ugly but the body was available at a good price.

image.
  • TA T top Classic
    Locking tuners
    Roasted maple neck
    Heavy stainless frets
    Maple top on an Swamp Ash body

https://i.imgur.com/qCSsp8Y.jpg
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2382
    The body for this was made by the late great Brian Poe and the whole guitar weighs just 3kg strung.

This one has a Guitar Mill body

I want your case @SteveRobinson !! 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    @Strat54 you'd have to buy the guitar with it!
  • I've just done a video with two of the teles from the original post. A stab at some Robben Ford. 

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited October 2020
    I've just done a video with two of the teles from the original post. A stab at some Robben Ford. 
    Nice guitars and nice playing sir!  Enjoyed that, not heard that Robben Ford track before so will definitely check it out.  I particularly liked your metallic blue bound tele...and the white one had some nice bite to it ...but my favourite was the gold top Tele at the end!     
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Voxman said:
    I've just done a video with two of the teles from the original post. A stab at some Robben Ford. 
    Nice guitars and nice playing sir!  Enjoyed that, not heard that Robben Ford track before so will definitely check it out.  I particularly liked your metallic blue bound tele...and the white one had some nice bite to it ...but my favourite was the gold top Tele at the end!     
    Ah, thanks so much for the kind words mate! It might be sacrilegious to say your liked the Les Paul the most in a tele thread! Ha! 

It was a last minute addition - I was just going to record the teles. It was sat on the stand in the studio begging to be played and Robben has been known for using a goldie so I thought "why not?!" Back to trying to nail some Gary Moore on it tomorrow! 
     @Panama_Jack666 ; said:
    "It might be sacrilegious to say you liked the Les Paul the most in a tele thread! Ha! "

Why do you think I called it a Tele!! 
    =) 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2382
    @Strat54 you'd have to buy the guitar with it!
    That's cruel @SteveRobinson ;! Whenever I see these case they are in the US and the postage is now crazy. I contacted G&G to ask them if they would consider making them again. They told me I would need to order 20. 
    Is the Tele for sale then lol? Brian Poe was a legend on the old TDPRI forum. I have a set of his Broadcaster knobs. 
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 682
    edited October 2020
    Stupid imgur.
    Not mine, but I saw this on Ebay - I know that the Telecaster Deluxe (large headstock, 4 rotary controls, 3 way toggle) gives 2 humbuckers, and ditto the 70's Thinline - but I'd never before seen a 'standard' Telecaster with 2 humbuckers - probably just my sheltered upbringing! LOL - anyway, though I'd share the pic of this one in Ghost Silver - not sure if it has coil-taps for SC tones - didn't say so on the spec, which would seem a bit of a waste if it didn't. Pretty though.