Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

ex-name gear you've owned

What's Hot
John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
edited October 2020 in Guitar
Inspired by @ICBM who said in another thread

"I actually owned the MXR Stereo Chorus pedal formerly belonging to Nick Beggs, and possibly used on it . A friend of mine does now... "

My contribution - a Marshall 6100 & cab formerly owned by Giuliano "Jools" Gizzi of Scottish rock band Gun

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited October 2020
    John_A said:

"I actually owned the MXR Stereo Chorus pedal formerly belonging to Nick Beggs, and possibly used on it . A friend of mine does now... "

My contribution - a Marshall 6100 & cab formerly owned by Giuliano "Jools" Gizzi of Scottish rock band Gun
    Gun (and Jools in particular) were so loud on the two occasions I saw them that I'm surprised the speaker cones in the cab are still intact.  When they played at Bootleggers here in Kendal (when Toby Jepson was singing for them) the guitar & bass were that loud that the sound engineer didn't have them running through the PA at all and struggled all night to achieve a balanced FOH mix as a result.

Back on topic, I used to own a Matrix PA power amp that once belonged to Mark King of Level 42.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    One Shure 545 as owned by Mungo Jerry. BOOM... drops it and leaves the room.

Just close the thread now. =)
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Nothing. But my mate has Nick McCabe from The Verve's Strat.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited October 2020
    Bought a Fender Prosonic from Peter Green.
    Bought a load of hardware synths from DJ Sasha when I worked for him, in lieu of getting paid.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Bought the Hodson 503 maccaferri Hank Marvin (allegedly) played at the Samois Django festival - sold it on as the neck was like a log. 
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I was in a band that included an ex Herman Rarebell drumkit ( or part of it anyway). I know he's a big name with all the kids these days. 
    Another band had Mike Sanchez's old electric piano. If I have to explain who these people are this isn't going to work...

John_A said:

I did live around the corner from Nick Beggs for a short while. Never found the reason to go knock on his door. Can I look at your Chorus pedal might have been one of them.      
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2052
    Little Hiwatt amp owned by Noel Gallagher
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I have owned a white 335 which belonged to the dude out of golden earing, and babylon zoos guitarists fender early 80s bullet 
    That's about it really, 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Do girlfriends count?
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited October 2020
    I used to borrow an amp. Weirdly enough another Marshall 6100, at a rehearsal place in Brixton that belonged to Bic Hayes (Levitation/Dark Star). Oh and I sold Jonas Hellborg a distortion pedal. 
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    I've got Butch Walker's Greco V
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I used to have a Plexi that was supposedly once Jake E Lees.
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2398
    My recently-moved-on PRS Singlecut Satin was owned by a guy from a Welsh band called Fireroad. Couldn't say I'd ever heard of them but researching them seemed to show a fairly decent local following and they'd done a couple of stadium tours supporting Stereophonics, which I thought was kind of cool - the guitar certainly looked and felt like it had done a few tours, which is partly what drew me to it.

Never quite gelled with it and my brother-in-law fell in love with it so he's got it now.
    Tim
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    A Knaggs Keya that was owned by Jon Gutwillig of the Disco Biscuits. Played onstage at Madison Square Gardens apparently, which is probably going to be the high point of its’ existence. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I had a pedal by Emma electronics, which was also the name of my ex

is that what you were looking for?
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    I had a prototype Randall 4 x 12 that was made for George Lynch. He'd used it and signed it after a clinic and it made its way to me via Jonathan at Feline. Great sounding cab
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    octatonic said:
    Do girlfriends count?
    Spill the beans!  I had a mate that was in a Jam tribute band where the singer was married to Paul Weller's ex, all a bit odd if you ask me
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • An Oberheim Matrix 1000 formerly owned by Massive Attack. 
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    daveyh said:
    I used to have a Plexi that was supposedly once Jake E Lees.

If that's true, you win :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought a Source Audio programmable EQ from Neil Murray (Whitesnake/Black Sabbath etc) on ebay. He was very nice and sent me a signed photo when I realised it was him. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom