Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

ex-name gear you've owned

What's Hot

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I once owned an Ibanez LACS made for Ralph Santolla who was in Death at the time. It appeared in a video and an Ibanez Sound tank pedal advert
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hoopshoops Frets: 225
    I had a Matchless Chieftain that belonged to Ian Broudie and was used on the 3 Lions track. Quite why an amp of that quality was needed on a track like that I don't know. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I own an 1961 Strat that was used to write 'Blue is the Colour' (Chelsea anyone?) , 'Beautiful Sunday' and played on most of the hits coming out of EMI from the mid 60's until the early 70's - too many to list.

Trouble is you've probably never heard of the chap who owned it; Daniel Boone. He's better known to me as Dad :)

Si
    0reaction image LOL 28reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3217
    I own an 1961 Strat that was used to write 'Blue is the Colour' (Chelsea anyone?) , 'Beautiful Sunday' and played on most of the hits coming out of EMI from the mid 60's until the early 70's - too many to list.

Trouble is you've probably never heard of the chap who owned it; Daniel Boone. He's better known to me as Dad :)

Si
    That’s the coolest history going and what a fantastic memento of the era. Awesome! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5050
    I’ve got a Cunetto Nocaster Relic that I bought from Len Tuckey, former husband of Suzi Quatro and the guitar player in her band in the 70s.

I also have a Carvin Nomad combo that I bought from the bass player in Slade, not Jim Lea but the fella who joined the band when Dave Hill and Don Powell had to keep touring to pay the bills. Jim and Noddy had left cos they’d made all the money as the writers of the hits and didn’t need to tour any more. Funnily enough at the time when I bought the amp the band was being managed by none other than Len Tuckey.

i also once had a Japanese Fender Esquire that had belonged to one of my guitar heroes Mick Ralphs. I didn’t keep it as I’d have had to make various mods on it for it to suit me, and I didn’t want to change it from how Mick had it, and I thought it would be a waste to just hang it on the wall.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetfire said:
    I once owned an Ibanez LACS made for Ralph Santolla who was in Death at the time. It appeared in a video and an Ibanez Sound tank pedal advert
    Fancy!

LACS would be a nice thing to own. Was it noticeably nicer than a normal Japanese one? 
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    I have a Martin acoustic that I heard Cobain once played on some Mtv show
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I own an 1961 Strat that was used to write 'Blue is the Colour' (Chelsea anyone?) , 'Beautiful Sunday' and played on most of the hits coming out of EMI from the mid 60's until the early 70's - too many to list.

Si
    I remember Daniel Boone, we used to cover Beautiful Sunday in my old mans band. 
    Hey hey hey, it’s a beautiful day!  
  • Pino Palladino's guitar cable.

A mate snagged it for me when he roadied for Paul Young in the eighties. Super long, I used to be able to walk infront of the stage during soundchecks to get an idea of our live mix.
  • I recently sold a Boss GE-7 that used to belong to noughties pop punkers The Ting Tings.

Not exactly rock royalty mind... 
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    edited October 2020
    I own an 1961 Strat that was used to write 'Blue is the Colour' (Chelsea anyone?) , 'Beautiful Sunday' and played on most of the hits coming out of EMI from the mid 60's until the early 70's - too many to list.

Trouble is you've probably never heard of the chap who owned it; Daniel Boone. He's better known to me as Dad

Si
    I remember Daniel Boone, we used to cover Beautiful Sunday in my old mans band. 
    Hey hey hey, it’s a beautiful day!  

• @grappagreen - Is Daniel Boone really your Dad ?
  • @spectrum001 - yes. Although of course his real name isn't Daniel Boone it's Peter Green. Of course saying you own a vintage guitar once owned by Peter Green then has to be followed with '....no, not that one' when people ask :)

An hilarious fact about that classic one-hit-wonder Beautiful Sunday is the fact that it holds the record for biggest selling single by a western artist in Japan beating some reasonably stiff competition. I've laughed with the old man about this. I do wonder if Mariah, Celine, Whitney, Elton, The Beatles et al. lay awake in bed at night at night thinking 'fucking Daniel Boone' :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_singles_in_Japan

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    @spectrum001 - yes. Although of course his real name isn't Daniel Boone it's Peter Green. Of course saying you own a vintage guitar once owned by Peter Green then has to be followed with '....no, not that one' when people ask :)

Very cool. Part of the sound of my youth. I had the 'Beautiful Sunday' album when I was about 12, although when I do a search for the cover art, I don't see the one I had. Given where I was living at the time, it may well have been a bit of a bootleg. Sorry about that :-)
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    I owned an Epiphone ‘Assembled in the USA’ 1964 RI Sheraton that had previously been owned by Vic Flick.
  • pigface said:
    @spectrum001 - yes. Although of course his real name isn't Daniel Boone it's Peter Green. Of course saying you own a vintage guitar once owned by Peter Green then has to be followed with '....no, not that one' when people ask :)

Very cool. Part of the sound of my youth. I had the 'Beautiful Sunday' album when I was about 12, although when I do a search for the cover art, I don't see the one I had. Given where I was living at the time, it may well have been a bit of a bootleg. Sorry about that :-)
    Lol - I wouldn’t worry about that mate. You’re a long way down the list of people in the music biz who fiddled the old man out of a few quid :) 
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    I've got Butch Walker's Greco V
    Amazing! I bought the R4 in my post above because of Butch Walker's Custom on the Live at Budokan DVD. Love him. This wins the thread for me, unless someone exhumed the bumblebee Frankenstrat from Dimebag's grave or something.

I've finally managed to get a copy of that this week, haven't watched it yet, I expect I'll be looking for one soon :-))
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • @spectrum001 - yes. Although of course his real name isn't Daniel Boone it's Peter Green. Of course saying you own a vintage guitar once owned by Peter Green then has to be followed with '....no, not that one' when people ask :)

An hilarious fact about that classic one-hit-wonder Beautiful Sunday is the fact that it holds the record for biggest selling single by a western artist in Japan beating some reasonably stiff competition. I've laughed with the old man about this. I do wonder if Mariah, Celine, Whitney, Elton, The Beatles et al. lay awake in bed at night at night thinking 'fucking Daniel Boone' :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_singles_in_Japan

Ahh - I spent a very enjoyable afternoon with him around ten years ago (I work for his publisher). 
  • Don't ask me! Ask the people who bought my gear!

:)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited October 2020
    I've got @downbytheriver 's Pitchfork, @Barnezy 's Soul Food, @nickbigsby 's EP Booster, @Wazmeister 's Boss RC3 and @Jeddy3 's OCD.

Do these count? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom