Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

ex-name gear you've owned

What's Hot

Comments

• TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I once had a delay pedal on long term loan that once belonged to Roy Harper. But then the owner asked for it back.

I'll get my coat...
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 309
    I owned a Peavey USA Wolfgang hardtail reputedly played by EVH. No provenance and I sold the guitar, but I opened up the control cavity and there was a neat strip of paint missing and ‘Eddie’ written in the space. I emailed Peavey who told me they did that for guitars sent to artists, so likely EVH played it, decided it wasn’t for him and gave it back to Peavey where it made its way into circulation. 
    I always felt like a tit for selling that but I had no proof he played it, and had some hard times that necessitated a sale. Extra gutted now.
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    Ooh, I just remembered - not exactly gear but I think it still counts… Paul Weller wore one of my old shirts on telly! It was a sixties purple polo that I'd got from a local charity shop but which was too nylony for me and, let's be honest, none too flattering for a generously built gentleman either. So I gave it to a mate of mine, who I thought might like it. He worked in a trendy little vintage clothes shop in the basement of the Trocadero and instead of wearing it himself stuck it in the shop… The next time I saw it was when when the Modfather wore it on the telly at some summer festival! 
    2reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7036
    tFB Trader
    Nothing here but I've sold lacquer to some famous people, at least one mentioned above
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12383
    @jerkmoans has the winner for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Offset said:
    I have a plectrum belonging to Slim from The Hamsters.  And a crumpled packed of Peter Stuyvesant fags I got from Pat Travers about 40 years back.  I've had a beer with Steve Cropper in a bar in Nashville, but I guess that doesn't count...
    I’ve got a couple of Slim’s plectrums too. He also bought a custom shop Strat off me a few years back. I’ve got a drum skin and a pair of sticks from Otis, the Hamsters drummer as well. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    There was a Hohner Pianet T for sale at a stall at a local market a few years back that the guy alleged had once belonged to Sting. I knocked him down to 30 quid and bought it anyway :)
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Slightly off topic, but i own Geraint Thomas' old Team Barloworld bike frame. He finished next to last on it in his first TdF i 2007...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12383
    Slightly off topic, but i own Geraint Thomas' old Team Barloworld bike frame. He finished next to last on it in his first TdF i 2007...
    My dad bought a bmw once owned by cheggars. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 784
    joeyowen said:
    I had a pedal by Emma electronics, which was also the name of my ex

is that what you were looking for?

Was she called Reezafratzitz ? (was she spotty)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    edited October 2020
    A couple of years ago, I bought a Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin II that was supposed to have belonged to Bombay Bicycle Club.

I've got to be honest - this didn't mean all that much to me as I don't really keep up with the more modern scene - put it lke this, I think of Hank Marvin as 'promising - one for the future'.

Anyway, I bought the thing and what a dog of a guitar it was. I actually think it had been dragged from Bombay behind a bicycle. Or dropped from a bomb bay. Perhaps I misread the ad.

I got it fixed because I couldn't sell it to anyone in good conscience as it was and took a hit on it.
    Call me Dave.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Earlier this year (at the Birmingham guitar show), i bought a Classic Player Strat from Aynsley Lister...
    And many years ago i bought a Mesa Rectoverb combo from Vince Burns of Dare (also had Brian Cox, whispy haired physicist, as keyboard player). Didnt realise it beforehand until i spied a picture-disc on his wall, telling him 'Oh cool, that was the first 12" i ever bought!', and his reply 'Ahh, yeh, that was me...'
    Other than those two, not much.

Adam
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    octatonic said:
    Bought a Fender Prosonic from Peter Green.
    Bought a load of hardware synths from DJ Sasha when I worked for him, in lieu of getting paid.
    As in Alexander Coe /Sasha 

if so that wins the thread for me, but probably no one else one here 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I bought some gear off Pete Doherty.
    Not the best heroin I've had.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Scratched Iggy Pop’s naked belly like a dog at Leeds fest many years back, doubt that counts as an instrument though. Played a guitar that belonged to a guy in the 22-20s, famous for “Devil In Me” which was on a car advert a while ago. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bought a Marshall Studio 15 from Mansons, apparently Martin Barre owned about 6 of them and flogged the lot. Nice little amp. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Bought a Marshall Studio 15 from Mansons, apparently Martin Barre owned about 6 of them and flogged the lot. Nice little amp. 
    He certainly did and recorded the Crest of a Knave album with Jethro Tull using one - awesome guitar tones on that album imho. I’ve lusted after one of those amps for years! 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• My musicman silhouette used to belong to Joe Brown 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I've got a banjo that belonged to Duke Ellington's banjo player.
    Not that anyone on here is the least bit interested in banjos.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 717
    edited October 2020
    I’ll be surprised if someone’s reaction to the below isn’t “who?”

I’ve owned:
    - Ibanez RG previously owned by the guy from Hed Pe
    - Ibanez S series from the guy from Stone Sour
    - Ibanez Jem from the guy from Pain of Salvation
    (all from Reverb/eBay listing where they were under valued, even I think actually as a result of being heavily gigged by people no-ones heard of!)

I also still have a few kit Pedals that I think @ThorpyFX made up as practice. 

The pedals are the most interesting I think D

Edit: oh, I also had two S1000HD AKAI samplers that were ex Pet Shop boys. One didn’t work, and both drives on them were already wiped. Sold them at a loss, and did pay much for them in the first place.