Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Amplitube 5

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
This looks cool ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Well....

Oh my. I will be having some of that.

Bye!

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    It looks better and more intuitive than Helix Native.

• Looks really good but how are the amp tones and how do they feel under your fingers 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Looks really good but how are the amp tones and how do they feel under your fingers 

There's a basic free version which you can try and keep - it has amps and effects and then you can try any of the gear free for 14 days (I think it's 14 days) before you buy or bin. I have Amplitube 4 and it sounds pretty good. The new version addresses some of the issues - cabs and third party IR support. The likes of Brian May and Joe Satriani have worked with the company to recreate their gear with more artists coming on board.

So the bottom line is you can try before you buy to see if it suits you.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Will be giving it a go...whether it was just me being a berk but I couldn’t coax a single GREAT sound out of the previous version for six string. SVX had some solid bass tones tho.
  • I've had some great clean tones out of Amplitube, and honestly, I've used Amplitube on bits of every single one of our albums. Just never spoke about it in depth too much. 2nd guitarist had a DSL which broke on us a day before recording the 1st album, so all his tones were Amplitube 2. Then on the 2nd album, I used Amplitube 3 with SVX for some bass tones. On the 3rd album I used Amplitube 3 for some clean tones in a sections. 

The new album so far doesn't use it, it uses Kemper for some cleans, but AT5 looks pretty great on paper. I'm a sucker for a pretty face.

The audio demos on the product page are pretty promising too.

Bye!

• You see maybe that’s it - I don’t record and just noodle aimlessly over backing tracks etc. I find Amplitube very flat sounding and unresponsive, S-Gear (or Neural: Cory Wong) are a WORLD apart in this regard. Is it me, am I just poor at driving it or is there a real lack of touch sensitivity about it?

I also bought Bias FX 2 - what a crock of arse that is!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2020
    You see maybe that’s it - I don’t record and just noodle aimlessly over backing tracks etc. I find Amplitube very flat sounding and unresponsive, S-Gear (or Neural: Cory Wong) are a WORLD apart in this regard. Is it me, am I just poor at driving it or is there a real lack of touch sensitivity about it?

When 5 comes out download the free version and try it. If you don't like it then bin it and try something else.

Out of interest what are you using as an audio interface?

And were you using Amplitube to play your backing track - this is what I do.

• I'll be trying the Custom Shop version when it's released. I like quite a few of the v4 amp models. 

I didn't think much of the Guitar Rig 6 demo when I tried that. 

• Possibly a silly question... what type of (home use) interface does one need to connect a guitar to the software then to my guitar amp?
  • Fretwired said:
    You see maybe that’s it - I don’t record and just noodle aimlessly over backing tracks etc. I find Amplitube very flat sounding and unresponsive, S-Gear (or Neural: Cory Wong) are a WORLD apart in this regard. Is it me, am I just poor at driving it or is there a real lack of touch sensitivity about it?

When 5 comes out download the free version and try it. If you don't like it then bin it and try something else.

Presonus 24c, but backing tracks are usually via YouTube so running in Safari.

• I didn't think much of the Guitar Rig 6 demo when I tried that. 
    Same here, despite the marketing hype around the new amp sims I didn’t find them much of a step up from GR5 so won’t be upgrading unless there is silly pricing around for Black Friday.
    Fretwired said:

Presonus 24c, but backing tracks are usually via YouTube so running in Safari.

OK .. excellent interface, but I had an issue playing along with backing tracks from YouTube. I just download what I need and run it through Amplitubes backing track player ..

• Here are the GUI's for the new amps:

So the last two.... Diezel VH4 and Bogner XTC I think???

What are the other two???

Bye!

• WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited October 2020
    Ahhh, this probably gives the game away....

I should read the bloody website properly :lol:

SilverPlate 50 (based on PRS Archon 50)

MiniPlex 20 (based on Friedman Pink Taco PT-20)

New York B750 (based on Aguilar DB750) + NY410 (based on Aguilar DB410)

German 34 (based on - Bogner XTC 3534)

VHandcraft 4 (based on Diezel VH4)

Bye!

edited October 2020
    Here are the GUI's for the new amps:

So the last two.... Diezel VH4 and Bogner XTC I think???

What are the other two???

The Silver Plate 50 is a PRS Archon 50 and the Mini Plex 20 is a Friedman Pink Taco PT-20.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    I've been using Amplitube for years since version 2. I don't always think it sounds amazing but I've got some good tones with it over the years :) if this one sounds good I'll check it out, the interface and amp selection looks great.

• I'm a sucker for a pretty face.
    I'm the opposite...it's got a nice interface, but it seems like a lot of effort's been put into the front end and not a huge amount into the actual models - unless I'm missing something?

I've never actually managed to get a decent sound out of Amplitube. The VIR tech - as long as it's not just a hack on top of base IRs - looks interesting, but I don't think that's enough to justify a whole new version with just a few new models and some lipstick slapped on the front.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • You see maybe that’s it - I don’t record and just noodle aimlessly over backing tracks etc. I find Amplitube very flat sounding and unresponsive, S-Gear (or Neural: Cory Wong) are a WORLD apart in this regard. Is it me, am I just poor at driving it or is there a real lack of touch sensitivity about it?

I never got bias either. Both the other guys in my band have it and it jsut sounds like shit to me. 

On the other hand I lvoed amplitube 3 and 4. For the longest time my basic demo'ing tone was a boosted tiny terror on one side and the soldano model on the other and then the fender twin for cleans.

I've moved on to a combo of helix native, brainworx VH4 and STL Will Putney now but will 100% be checking out amplitube 5
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I'm definitely interested enough to give it a twirl. They mention power amp - speaker interaction and to me, that's the big area where modelling falls down.