Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Amplitube 5

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited December 2020
    TTBZ said:
    Can't pick out which is which, they all sounded pretty much the same to me apart from the last one which was noticeably thinner/scratchier so was my least favourite outside of a mix.
    The second one sounded most different to me, especially in the mids. The last one is def the most aggressive of the 3 and I thought responded to the pick dynamics the poorest.
    I think my favourite is either 2 or 3 but I'm only listening through a phone speaker so can't be trusted! They just seem fuller and warmer to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I had no problem with 4 but I got the upgrade to Amplitube 5. I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet but love the mini plexi model.
    The interface does seem to be better.
    The only thing I have been disappointed with from IK is the Hendrix pack. So I look forward to getting to grips with 5 in the next few weeks.

Don't touch that dial.
  • TTBZ said:
    TTBZ said:
    Can't pick out which is which, they all sounded pretty much the same to me apart from the last one which was noticeably thinner/scratchier so was my least favourite outside of a mix.
    The second one sounded most different to me, especially in the mids. The last one is def the most aggressive of the 3 and I thought responded to the pick dynamics the poorest.
    I think my favourite is either 2 or 3 but I'm only listening through a phone speaker so can't be trusted! They just seem fuller and warmer to me.
    So the first one is amplitude 5, then brainworx, then helix and the last one is STL. For me amitube 5 and brainworx both feel nicer to play through but the helix is def up there sound wide. The STL for me is the weakest if the bunch but it's aimed more at extreme metal generally so it's very very aggressive compared to the others. I have to say I think ampliube 5 might become my favourite SIM for demo'ing
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Just had a listen to these through my headphones, differences are way more apparent! Definitely like the Helix the most! Then Amplitube, then Brainworx then STL. Which is good as I'm considering another HX Stomp and was excited to try the VH4 model. Love the general VH4 tone, sounds huge! 
  • I have the free version of Ampli 5. Haven't tried it out yet, have been using Ampli 4 for home recording ideas. Worth getting the full package? I don't know whether to kill all birds with one stone with something like a Line 6 stomp, or spend less, and have a nice VST for home recording.....
    edited January 2021
    I just installed AT5 free to try it out and I can't get a great sound out of it, but the free is very limited so hard to tell exactly. It feels like an outdated toy compared to the likes of Neural DSP, Mercuriall Spark/Euphoria and Helix Native. I've tried out a lot of the current modelling plugins and Neural Nolly on the 5150 style amp has been the best for the higher gain stuff I'm playing. However I've found Helix Native can be dialled in to sound pretty close.

@creed_clicks I'm in the same boat, can't decide whether to get the all in one digital unit or loadbox + IR loader. I'm getting some good sounds out of Helix Native now I've tweaked it and got some better IRs. I will say I thought the hardware HX Stomp unit sounded and felt better than running into my interface and plugin. Must be something in the input hardware that just works better.
  • @TTBZ ended up going for Softube amp room. A small number of options but suits me for now. (Will most likely go HX stomp or similar down the line as well)
  • I got Amplitube 4 and gave up on it and got Mercuriall Spark instead which is superb. I downloaded 5 CS on the basis of this thread and boy have they made some improvements. The Slash amps which always sounded woefully weak now sound wonderful. I loaded in my old presets and the difference is night and day and it feels much more realistic.

Whether I want to shell out £150 on it is another story... Great improvement though.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Ive got amplitube 3 which a bought years ago. Since then i downloaded trial version amplitube 4 but could not get rid of latency. I've since uninstalled amplitube 4 and installed free version amplitube 5 but again latency issue. I dont have this problem with amplitube 3 or irig 5. Do i have to uninstall amplitube 3 for another version to work properly? 
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    edited March 2021
    AmpliTube 5.0.2 is out now, so some more bug fixes to be had.   Also don't forget IK are giving away some free presets etc over the next few weeks. Starting with the Soldano® SLO-100 amp head which you can grab right now.  Details:  IK Multimedia. Musicians First
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    The SLO is good too, for ageeees my main demo tone was a blend of the SLO100 and the tiny terror on amplitube4
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    edited March 2021
    More Free Presets Released today March 16: brand new signature presets from Marty Friedman
  • BodBod Frets: 1301
    I read that as Feldman.  That's a niche.
    Bod said:
    Wasn't he the guy with the big bulging eyes? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1301
    Mick said:
    Bod said:
    Wasn't he the guy with the big bulging eyes? 
    Yeah
  • The Mesa pack is on sale until the 24th March and I've been messing with the Dual Rec today...must say, it's a pretty stunning replica. As is the JCM 800 model. I'm pretty sold on the sounds it's making for my needs.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I've been a big user of Amplitube since the first version.  Not totally sold on 5 yet - I think I'm so used to getting what I need out of 4 that the change in UI and sound in 5 is throwing me off.

Also, my most used amp in Amplitube 4 for dirty tones is the Jet City 100 - tried it in 5 and I didn't like it!  The new version is probably more realistic, but maybe I'm discovering that I don't actually like real Jet City amps, ha.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    March 23: exclusive new presets from Slash

Your free Slash presets are now available for download via the IK Product Manager. 
  • I've been using Amplitube since version 3. I have always used the Custom Shop version and bought a few things which have always worked how I want them to. For some reason I am unable to try/buy things through AT4 now, and even after extensive toing and froing with the tech support it doesn't work so I was ready to throw in the towel and look elsewhere. I was pleased to see AT5 appear, so i upgraded and the custom shop worked after a bit of tinkering. Sadly it is no longer working for some reason and after trying to use AT5 a good few times I find it is painfully slow to start and riddled with annoying bugs. I can still use my AT4 setup, so that's good, but what a shame this new version seems to have been rolled out too early as the forums are full of bug issues.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I agree with @victorludorum ; AT 5 is slow to load but the sounds are great. I haven't noticed any specific bugs....yet. I am getting used to the interface but I quite liked the old one.
    Don't touch that dial.