What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_Q said:
    Station - More Than The Moon. I'm finding it hard to categorise this, it's New Wave of Classic Rock apparently, and it fits the description I suppose, but whatever it is I'm enjoying it.
    I just listened to a couple of tracks - I'd say they're from the more middle-of-the road end of the late-80s American hard rock spectrum, a bit like Firehouse or Tyketto or something.

I'd have called that hair metal at the time (although some people never liked that term), maybe AOR.  I see Wikipedia now, retrospectively, calls all those bands glam metal, although I never thought of Firehouse or Dokken as "glam".

"New Wave of Classic Rock" is a strange description, they're saying it's "new" but nobody would have called that style classic rock in the 1980s.  It seems like the main qualification for being called classic rock is really just being around a long time.

God, all these stupid labels....
    Yes, that sounds about right - hints of 80s Bon Jovi etc coming through occasionally.

The NWOCR label is because they were in a magazine article about it (which is where I came across them). It's a silly label anyway - classic rock is itself a bit daft as it covers such a wide range of music and such a wide period of time, but new wave of classic rock is even more silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • https://youtu.be/9qYpVf4XqPI

Lil Bob and the Lollipops. 

1960s RnB also later part of the Northern Soul catalogue. Camille ‘Lil’ Bob the grandfather of Kemah Bob ( the woman with a strange voice on House of Games). Great voice. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Tedeschi Trucks Band - Made Up Mind. Nice, bluesy, Americana etc. Damn that Derek Trucks can play a nice bit o' guitar
  • https://youtu.be/9qYpVf4XqPI

Lil Bob and the Lollipops. 

1960s RnB also later part of the Northern Soul catalogue. Camille ‘Lil’ Bob the grandfather of Kemah Bob ( the woman with a strange voice on House of Games). Great voice. 
    I hadn’t realised how well covered this song is including Robert Cray and Los Lobos. 
    Tab Benoit as well if you wanted to hear a more guitar oriented/ stripped down version. Would be a fun song for a blues band repertoire.

https://youtu.be/lNthXL0ZEkw
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Right now, Squid. Off to see them tonight. I like them.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    Low - Hey What of course
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    Villagers - Becoming a jackal
  • Rolling Stones - stripped 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Lots and lots of Jason Isbell, currently Something More Than Free.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951

Been an another Deafheaven stint of late. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Boygenius - wound up buying the CD from Japan, couldn't find it anywhere else

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Right now having a big flashback to my youth. While searching for something else ended up finding footage of Mourn, Anathema, and headliner Cathedral from one gig I went to in Manchester in 1995. Really surprised this footage even exists.

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    Right now having a big flashback to my youth. While searching for something else ended up finding footage of Mourn, Anathema, and headliner Cathedral from one gig I went to in Manchester in 1995. Really surprised this footage even exists.

Not in that footage but the main riff from Awakenings is mine. In fact most of the riffs on the album are too.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    Today's Plays

Paradise Lost - Shades of Grey
    Napalm Death - From Enslavement To Obliteration
    Jailcell Recipes- Energy In An Empty Tank World
  • DarrenDarren Frets: 168
    King Diamond - Conspiracy. So far this morning. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    The Stranglers - Dark Matters. Awesome album! Especially love This Song, although I’ve found myself randomly humming riffs from several other songs on here. 
  • Larkin Poe - Reskinned and Self Made Man. Roots music, some wicked slide guitar and some stomping riffs. Really good stuff.
  • Love that I can also sing it.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock