New Rick Beato Gibson Signature

What's Hot

Comments

• blueskunk said:
    He can stick his signature Les Paul up his ass. What a prick. 
    Stop sitting on the fence man! 
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited January 2021
    Rick’s one of the good guys and has a massive YouTube following so I guess Fender thought it worthwhile making him a signature guitar.
    People and artists on YouTube are the new live artists.
    Tash Saltana got a signature a couple of months ago.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10209
    edited January 2021
    Mudcrutch said:
    Rick’s one of the good guys and has a massive YouTube following so I guess Fender thought it worthwhile making him a signature guitar.
    Fender are making him one too? Bloody hell 2021 is going great for him!!!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    blueskunk said:
    He can stick his signature Les Paul up his ass. What a prick. 
    Stop sitting on the fence man! 
    He can stick the fence up there whilst he’s at it :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mudcrutch said:
    Tash is a women.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mudcrutch said:
    Mudcrutch said:
    Tash is a women.
    Quite like it when other people's shit jokes backfire, it's not just me! :)

Bye!

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    AK99 said:

I’m sorry but only a holes announce that they’re going to give a thumbs down. 
    To be honest I agree with his point there. It's a bit like people who need to flounce. I've seen many videos on YouTube that I thought were rubbish or a waste of time, but I have never posted a negative comment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1578
    ^ I thought it was better to be honest and explain why I gave it a thumbs-down - ie I dont think your (heavy capitalised) title ""How to QUICKLY LEARN The FRETBOARD" actually does what it claims.

If I were being slightly more frank, I should probably have posted something more like - DONT f*cking USE LARGE CAPITALS as CLICK BAIT to SUCK PEOPLE IN to your  UTTER BOLLOCKS of a VIDEO you TWAT. Thats TEN MINUTES of my FOKKING LIFE WASTED you CNUT!!!

I'll know better next time :)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Ryan Adams needs signature guitar.
    We can all then not buy it  =)
    edited January 2021
    Mudcrutch said:
    Mudcrutch said:
    Tash is a women.
    Quite like it when other people's shit jokes backfire, it's not just me!
    You're so edgy!
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Mudcrutch said:
    Mudcrutch said:
    Tash is a women.
    Quite like it when other people's shit jokes backfire, it's not just me!
    You're so edgy!

Sultana rejects both male AND female pronouns.

See my old thread on the use of "women" on here instead of "woman". :confounded:
  • I am sure there are people more worthy of a signature model who are known to be solely Gibson users. Whether rock stars these days have the same sort of following as YouTubers remains to be seen of course.
    Yeah but they already gave him the signature silverburst
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • wesker123 said:
    There was a rumour that a signature Strat was in the pipeline before all the stuff came out
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I probably say the same thing about every YouTuber - that the need to churn out content means that quality control is not there. Beato has a huge back catalogue of videos and you could stumble into something really interesting or something that was him desperately trying to fill an hour.
    Someone mentioned Greg Koch as a comparison, a big character in terms of guitar on youtube, yet really struggles to get bums on seats in the physical world. Having a YT video on whilst I'm waiting for the kettle to boil is much less of a commitment than buying a physical product or going out on a rainy Tuesday evening to see him play a club. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2021
    I've got a Pete Thorn Suhr. You could argue he's really 'only' a session guitarist and hired gun with very little popular culture relevance. Why would he get a Suhr signature model?

His YouTube audience and online popularity has got him a Suhr signature amp and now guitar. And it's a great guitar in its own right. 

The lines between traditional rock star like Jack White or someone and a YouTuber like Thorn or Beato are being blurred. Ultimately it's about popularity and proficiency. If you have both in your field then you've achieved a similar thing as a traditional rock star, surely. And you could argue that why don't they deserve a signature model. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5629
    I've got a Pete Thorn Suhr. You could argue he's really 'only' a session guitarist and hired gun with very little popular culture relevance. Why would he get a Suhr signature model? His YouTube audience has got him a Suhr signature amp and now guitar. And it's a great guitar in its own right. 
    I'm not sure signature instruments really have much relevance these days.

Years ago guitar was a big thing, young kids wanted to be the next Slash or Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai or Eric Clapton.  Signature guitars endorsed by big players had a massive appeal and a significantly larger target market than I think they do now.

A friend of mine has been a guitar teacher for the last 30 years and he often points out that nobody starts lessons anymore wanting to be able to play like the guitar gods of old.  If he gets a request to teach a song it's more likely to be Ed Sheeran than Iron Maiden.

Certainly if YouTube is now the showcase for current players then it stands to reason that they might get dibs at a signature instrument.  That said, it's a mutually agreeable contract; Gibson gets promoted by Rick Beato (in this case) and as a consequence Gibson gets him a bunch of new followers on YouTube.  

In that respect I don't think the 'signature' thing is really a thing at all - how much different will it be from what Gibson might have done in any case?  Is it going to be that exclusive?  It's more of a guitar to celebrate a contract arrangement than it is a signature instrument in its own right.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    wesker123 said:
    There was a rumour that a signature Strat was in the pipeline before all the stuff came out
    Notice Ryan has still not been charged with anything.
    So really does make me wonder how true all these accusations that completely wrecked his life are??
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    Can't wait for Logan Paul to get his..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • He reminds of Johnny Bravo doing an impression of a used car salesman...with 20% off if you buy it now. 

Don't forget he has a number hit in the Amish Charts lol
    “Ken sent me.”
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom