New Rick Beato Gibson Signature

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    Mudcrutch said:
    wesker123 said:
    Ryan Adams needs signature guitar.
    We can all then not buy it  =)
    There was a rumour that a signature Strat was in the pipeline before all the stuff came out
    Notice Ryan has still not been charged with anything.
    So really does make me wonder how true all these accusations that completely wrecked his life are??
    I think they're all pretty accurate. Mostly not necessarily crimes, but suggestive of a shitty person.

He released an album last month and most of the media won't touch it. It's got some good songwriting but is whiny as fuck, and I say that as a fan.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @randerson Sig Gibson or comeuppances?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randerson said:
    Can't wait for Logan Paul to get his..
    It'll be made out of the tree that he found that dead Japanese man hanging from.

Bye!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited January 2021
    randerson said:
    Can't wait for Logan Paul to get his..
    It'll be made out of the tree that he found that dead Japanese man hanging from.
    His American YT followers will never buy a MIJ model.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Has anybody actually bought the Beato book. I've been close, and I'm sure there's lots of useful stuff in there. Is it worth it? Anyone?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24812
    Has anybody actually bought the Beato book. I've been close, and I'm sure there's lots of useful stuff in there. Is it worth it? Anyone?
    I’ve been tempted but suspect the level of knowledge in it is beyond that which my ageing musical brain would be able to cope with.

That said, I like him - not every video is great - but I’ve learned a fair amount from watching his stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2958

Someone mentioned Greg Koch as a comparison, a big character in terms of guitar on youtube, yet really struggles to get bums on seats in the physical world. Having a YT video on whilst I'm waiting for the kettle to boil is much less of a commitment than buying a physical product or going out on a rainy Tuesday evening to see him play a club. 

This is very true. I wonder how many views/followers these YouTubers would have if YouTube was a subscription or pay-to-view service?

Well signature guitars come with a price tag, be interesting to see how well these influencer signature models actually sell, compared to regular models.  I'll predict a new trend: Very limited run influencer signature models; they still give the mutual publicity benefits, but avoid any embarrassing clearance price sell offs.

This is pretty much what Reverend do by default - a limited run from them is often 10 to 30 guitars, I doubt their Greg Koch signature model is made in significant numbers (that is, numbers significant to Gibson). Is the demand for a Rick Beato going to be higher than the demand for a Greg Koch? I'll be honest, I don't watch either YouTuber, so I couldn't guess. :)
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1586
    Id consider buying one of the Doublecuts originally mentioned if (a) they were on clearance, and (b) you could sand whatsisface's name off without making too big a mess of the headstock.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7151
    Its here and out soon

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    Nice... 

Any ideas what the chunky body is on the bottom right of the first pic? Looks like a non-reverse Thunderbird???
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited April 2021
    That's nothing Kev is getting a signature PRS Silver Sky...any you lot took the piss.

Shame on you, I bet he's laughing at your wallets now. :o

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    This thread resurrection has reminded me how many pathetic negative comments are made here. 
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    This thread resurrection has reminded me how many pathetic negative comments are made here. 
    Although that is a fair comment (see that’s a positive) there does seem to be a veneration by many here of YT vloggers, marketers, self-appointed experts. 
    I know some of them have a background in the music biz, but that’s just it - background, past tense. 
    Obviously there’s the view (repeated again and again) that you don’t have to be a musician who gigs or stands on stage or is in a band anyone’s heard of to be valid, because having a YT channel is the future. (Actually, it’s the present).
    There’s people with hundreds of thousands of subscribers who put on make up, or make cakes or fix lawn mowers (probably). Big deal.
    Some people like to listen to music and some people like to talk about gear and music and some people like to listen to other people talking about gear and music.
    Such as it is.
    My main beef with these YT people is that many of them don’t seem to make their own music. 
    But - There are some incredibly talented men and women on YT putting their stuff out - all ages, all styles and I admire them.
    But I don’t admire someone telling me ‘the five Dumble style pedals you MUST try’ or ‘why you need a valve amp’ etc, etc. They work on assumptions and speak in definitives- which is anathema to personal creative expression in my book.
    And whenever I see Beato popping up on my YT he mostly seems to be ranting about how crap YT is!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    AlexC said:
    Although that is a fair comment (see that’s a positive) there does seem to be a veneration by many here of YT vloggers, marketers, self-appointed experts. 
    I know some of them have a background in the music biz, but that’s just it - background, past tense. 
    Obviously there’s the view (repeated again and again) that you don’t have to be a musician who gigs or stands on stage or is in a band anyone’s heard of to be valid, because having a YT channel is the future. (Actually, it’s the present).
    There’s people with hundreds of thousands of subscribers who put on make up, or make cakes or fix lawn mowers (probably). Big deal.
    Some people like to listen to music and some people like to talk about gear and music and some people like to listen to other people talking about gear and music.
    Such as it is.
    My main beef with these YT people is that many of them don’t seem to make their own music. 
    But - There are some incredibly talented men and women on YT putting their stuff out - all ages, all styles and I admire them.
    But I don’t admire someone telling me ‘the five Dumble style pedals you MUST try’ or ‘why you need a valve amp’ etc, etc. They work on assumptions and speak in definitives- which is anathema to personal creative expression in my book.
    And whenever I see Beato popping up on my YT he mostly seems to be ranting about how crap YT is!

Not sure that's a fair criticism as I believe Rick is still an active songwriter and producer who has had stuff in the charts and his background is as a music teacher at a university so it's pretty on point.
    See I like Rick Beato, I think he puts a lot of time into his videos and he also shares loads of useful knowledge, so Have a lot of respect for him

I have no idea what those other guitar bodies in the pile are either! Lol

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    stonevibe said:
    See I like Rick Beato, I think he puts a lot of time into his videos and he also shares loads of useful knowledge, so Have a lot of respect for him

I have no idea what those other guitar bodies in the pile are either! Lol
    I agree with you. I do however get why people feel he isn't worthy of a signature guitar.

It's just a sign of the times and directional change.
    Youtube personalities are now drawing huge crowds for boxing, getting signature guitars, amps and pedals and I am sure other YouTube folk are getting similar treatment. A fella called Rick shiels was until recently sponsored by Nike (golf) and in all fairness he is better than me at golf but he isn't pga pro tour level good.

On demand is the future 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Exactly the music world has to move with the times and the old models of get a deal, sell albums and tours the world are outdated.

Nowadays musicians can reach their audiences directly and so it makes sense that someone like Mr Beato would be attractive to large guitar organisation like Gibson. 

• TanninTannin Frets: 5467
    Good sense from Stonevibe above. Beato is quite possibly the most followed guitar and music teacher on Youtube, or in other words in the world. His signature should be worth good money to Gibson, and good luck to him. I hope they paid him a small truckload. Any number of aspiring musicians have learned as heap from him.

(Disclaimer: I respect him as a very good teacher, but I don't watch him as his speaking manner is like nails on a blackboard : it drives me spare. YMMV.)

• tabanotabano Frets: 100
    edited April 2021
    I am  living “detachable” times
    one computer is meant to give you nearly all you might need,
    it will make you laugh and hate, it will bring you friends, love..enemies and war,
    it will make you famous, it will bring you money it will show you to the world and it will bring you a signature-something, shoes, guitars .trousers, toothpaste..
    don’t worry about writing the best music you can, or any music for the matter,
    don’t worry about playing live,
    don’t worry to find “your voice”
    just be the screen and it will be fine,
    and be there often..more so than playing or writing..
    as for the guys that work hard to really CREATE
    something, you are going to have to worry
     I am sadly afraid... and pay for each one of your strings and picks for the matter..
    in some cultures money is everything, in most cultures money is everything,
    but is not really..
    I watch my “computer music world” daily,
    it is entertaining until is not and then I do something else, but I watch my computer every day,

Btw Rick Beato is an extremely knowledgeable man and a potential amazing teacher..

• I've read pages 1 and 4 so apologies if someone else has said this:

I'm just disappointed / surprised the signature guitar isn't his beauitful Gibson Country Western acoustic. God I love that thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom