A signature or guitar you wish that brand would reissue

What's Hot

Comments

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    euan said:
    A JG Telecaster is an obvious admission
    Who's JG?
    Not me, my favourite telecaster is currently a GC which, while I’ve already got one, I’d like to see reissued as a public service for the many people denied the opportunity... :-)

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A David Grissom semi would be nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1498
    euan said:
    Who's JG?
    Johnny Greenwood. To sit alongside the Ed OB Strat
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5158
    edited April 2021
    euan said:
    euan said:
    Who's JG?
    Johnny Greenwood. To sit alongside the Ed OB Strat

Ahh, that JG. I'd go for that. That Tele Plus is iconic to 90s indie rock fans.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I'll pick 2 since they were announced as a pair but the Lee Ranaldo and Thurston Moore Jazzmasters
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 717
    carlos said:
    Gibson buckethead. 

27” scale, with a bigger body. 

Mental thing, rare and super expensive when they come up. 
    Good shout, although I'd probably find that scale unplayable.

I actually had one for a short period ... had it at Eb per Buckethead's setup (same strings). Tension was pretty high, but really fun to play - wider fingerboard and the size of the body was nice. Of Les Paul shaped guitars, the only one I've ever gotten on with.

I'd like another 27" scale, but only for shits ... nothing you can't do on a normal guitar.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    SquireJapan said:
    I'd like another 27" scale, but only for shits ... nothing you can't do on a normal guitar.
    I'm sure it'd make my double m3 single string stretches really painful.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5645
    I never did understand why PRS never made a signature Alex Lifeson CE3, I'd have one just because it's a beautiful guitar regardless of the association.  I did once have one identical, they don't come along very often now, would love another.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • That is a great picture of Alex!
    Thanks for reminding me how much I love Rush.

I think they do (or did) a signature Alex acoustic
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Squier Joe Trohman Tele. A nice, affordable variation on a Tele Deluxe with a bunch of switching options. Not a dream big money guitar, but it offered something a bit different.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5645
    That is a great picture of Alex!
    Thanks for reminding me how much I love Rush.

I think they do (or did) a signature Alex acoustic
    Yes they did, after he switched affiliation to Gibson.  Again, not something I understand, he played PRS electrics for well over a decade, about 16 years I think, and then as soon as he starts using Gibsons again PRS launch an Alex Lifeson acoustic signature model???

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22942
    Haych said:
    I never did understand why PRS never made a signature Alex Lifeson CE3, I'd have one just because it's a beautiful guitar regardless of the association.  I did once have one identical, they don't come along very often now, would love another.
    I suppose he stopped using PRS (electrics) and went back to Gibsons quite some time ago.  As I recall, PRS weren't quite so big on signature models in those days - although they did have Santana, Tremonti and Grissom.

Also wasn't the CE itself discontinued for quite a few years?
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    DeeTee said:
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Squier Joe Trohman Tele. A nice, affordable variation on a Tele Deluxe with a bunch of switching options. Not a dream big money guitar, but it offered something a bit different.
    Everytime I think about selling it, I play it and remember how great a guitar mine is.

The profile of the neck is superb. 
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 639
    Another from me - That Squier Hello Kitty strat. Used prices are silly now!
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    DeeTee said:
    Everytime I think about selling it, I play it and remember how great a guitar mine is.

The profile of the neck is superb. 
    Stop that, my GAS is bad enough already! 
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    AlexC said:
    Always hankered aftyer a Yamaha Pac510v. S style guitar with one Seymour Duncan pick up. But the genius is the pickup's a tribucker - so you have a blade switch which toggles between single coil, P90 and Humbucker. Brilliant IMO. Not sure if they've stopped making them or they're just very hard to acquire in the UK. Always meant to ask @rossyamaha whenever I'm on here. (Is he still a member?)

I don't know about the Yamaha model, but Seymour Duncan still make this pickup

So you could put them in any guitar.

I actually have a set, but discovered I don't really like the sound of P90s so I don't use them any more.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Greatape said:
    I'd like to see a Ty Tabor signature strat. 

I've always fancied trying one of the Ty tabor Yamaha TT sigs. Bet they're silly money now though. Not his iconic guitar but they looked fun
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22942
    horse said:
    Greatape said:

I've always fancied trying one of the Ty tabor Yamaha TT sigs. Bet they're silly money now though. Not his iconic guitar but they looked fun
    He also had that Zion model which looked a bit like the red Strat but had three Joe Barden pickups.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    horse said:
    Greatape said:

One showed up on ebay recently priced at £499 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-RGX-TT-Ty-Tabor-Signature-Electric-Guitar/154394638259
  • @AlexC ; said:
    Always hankered aftyer a Yamaha Pac510v. S style guitar with one Seymour Duncan pick up. But the genius is the pickup's a tribucker - so you have a blade switch which toggles between single coil, P90 and Humbucker. Brilliant IMO. Not sure if they've stopped making them or they're just very hard to acquire in the UK. Always meant to ask @rossyamaha whenever I'm on here. (Is he still a member?)
    There was one on facebook marketplace in Shotts for £275 with a hardcase about a month ago. I used to have one, it was a great guitar but I found the neck a bit narrow at the nut.