Let’s end the argument once and for all!!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3291
    tFB Trader
    I'm quite new to guitars so why do stock photos of guitars,usually electric,generally have to be taken on a farm or building site? Are those low waisted,bum crack showing builders now adding music to their wolf whistles?
    Do grow up soon son because you're attitude is not very nice 

It's a working farm where pictures get taken near my workshop, I choose to work here over some industrial concrete faceless building.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    poopot said:
    munckee said:
    Either
    This is the correct answer alternate every few months. I have black, cream and white guards for my sonic blue tele to switch between. 
    Sonic blue you say?

Every time I see this, I am amazed/fascinated by what on earth is stopping the sonic blue from toppling backwards !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited April 2021
    poopot said:
    munckee said:
    Either
    This is the correct answer alternate every few months. I have black, cream and white guards for my sonic blue tele to switch between. 
    Sonic blue you say?

Every time I see this, I am amazed/fascinated by what on earth is stopping the sonic blue from toppling backwards !
    It’s a tele... they stand on their side quite well!!!!

plud the headstock is wedged under the acoustic panel
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • black
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    The answer is staring us in the face. It's one of each.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    The answer is staring us in the face. It's one of each.
    Is the correct answer :)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30924
    The most famous whiteguard 56 that I can think of is Craig Ross's number one.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    Black. Always.

Tort is for perverts.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14431
    Corned beef = sandwich filling.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    It's a lovely pic, but it doesn't do justice to the argument. We need a shot with the black looking blacker all over to judge against each other. 

Based on that pic, white is edging it for me but both look cool.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Well ...... I can't be expected to do any more work today, I've been overloaded with telecaster beauty
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1852
    poopot said:
    I'm quite new to guitars so why do stock photos of guitars,usually electric,generally have to be taken on a farm or building site? Are those low waisted,bum crack showing builders now adding music to their wolf whistles?
    The ones I posted were in my studio...

the ones Darren posted were taken by me at his workshop which is on a farm...

not stock pics fella!
    I am generalising here,not using yours as a lone example. I see lots of photos of electric guitars that seem to be taken outdoors and in some kind of outdoor 'working environment. I wonder if the industry itself believes electric guitar players are generally from heavy industrial backgrounds?
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 707
    poopot said:

not stock pics fella!
    I am generalising here,not using yours as a lone example. I see lots of photos of electric guitars that seem to be taken outdoors and in some kind of outdoor 'working environment. I wonder if the industry itself believes electric guitar players are generally from heavy industrial backgrounds?
    FYI my earlier photos on this thread were taken on carpet. To confirm I am not a carpet fitter 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited April 2021
    poopot said:

not stock pics fella!
    Just looks nicer and more inviting than a plain setting with no character and fits in with the guitar/music aesthetic of warmth and character I think. If you look at most (not all) YouTube music channels you'll see lots of warm background lighting and rustic/wooden texture etc, whereas a lot of tech channels go for cooler lighting and cleaner/plainer/more modern surfaces and background props. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • O
  • KevSKevS Frets: 477
    Parchment/White on my Candy Apple Red Bound Tele..

Black on my Blonde Tele..Single ply Black,it started out with White..It has a maple fingerboard..

White Pearl on my Natural Ash Thinline Tele..
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7328
    Black.

I wish I liked Telecasters, but ive had loads and never get on with them. Id happily play one if it had massive frets and 2 humbuckers but then it's not really a Tele.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    White looks cool but black gives a much better tone.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    edited April 2021

Tort is for perverts.
    Guilty as charged. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    It's a grey area.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom