Things that DON'T do what they say on the Tin

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Kilgore said:
    "serves one" - Not a chance little more than a starter.

"serves two" - Nope, serves one and I'm still peckish.

"family size" - Nope, serves two at a stretch. 
    I assume this is based on calorie consumption rather than portion size.

What it's really telling you is how much shit is put into these foods, so the portion had to be tiny to compensate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    The A.D.E. 651, GT200 & Alpha 6 'explosives detectors'.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29459896

Corrupt, scamming bastards.
    Just read that, truly shocking. 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9680
    Non-drip paint for the win.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    Kittyfrisk said:
    Swedish delicacy  'Surströmming'.

Fermented rotten herring...
    You are Stewart Lee and I claim my five Guineas.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
    Guitar tuners. 

They merely confirm the note, they don't tune to it (unless they are robot tuners). 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 443
    Non-iron shirts - absolute bollox!
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Tins are not even made of tin, so the whole concept fails.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6841
    edited April 2021
    russpm said:
    Well they are made from cotton or polyester which definitely isn’t Fe based!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5453
    "Home made" jams and pastries and every other bloody thing which are not remotely home made. When I am the Tzar (or the Galactic Overlord, whichever comes first) the owner of any shop selling commercially produced goods and labelling them "home made" will be subject to a truly horrible punishment, the details of which I won't disclose in this family-oriented place (largely because I haven't finished dreaming them up yet). But rest assured, it won't be pretty.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
    russpm said:
    All shirts are non-iron, it just depends on how much you care about your appearance. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Supermarket own brand products that make out they’re from a sweet little independent company. 

We’ve a jar of “Hubbards” honey in the cupboard (but no bones for the dog). 
  • NeillNeill Frets: 943
    I remember during the draymen's strike of the 1970's pubs had to rely on bottled beer and our local only had Double Diamond for several days. 

At the time the slogan was "A Double Diamond Works Wonders", well it had us wondering why on earth anyone would choose to drink the stuff.  
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5453
    I worked at the Ballarat Brewery many years ago. We made Carlton Draught, which is the beer that most Victorians actually drink -  no-one in this country likes Fosters Lager. The same company also owned a brewery in Carlton, a suburb of Melbourne 120 kilometres to the east. Among other things, the Carlton plant made Ballarat Bitter. We made Carlton Draft in Ballarat, they made Ballarat Bitter in Carlton. Go figure.

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Dominic said:
    ^ because all the Euro legislation caused the ferocious elements to be removed

^^ This. Using old-school Nitromors was a business for some heavy-duty gloves or you'd be watching your skin strip as fast as the paint :)  My stepfather used to work for ICI back in the day. They were pretty good at providing consumers with lethally powerful products. The original Roundup would give Agent Orange a run for its money.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    Wagon Wheels

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12380
    Tannin said:
    I worked at the Ballarat Brewery many years ago. We made Carlton Draught, which is the beer that most Victorians actually drink -  no-one in this country likes Fosters Lager. The same company also owned a brewery in Carlton, a suburb of Melbourne 120 kilometres to the east. Among other things, the Carlton plant made Ballarat Bitter. We made Carlton Draft in Ballarat, they made Ballarat Bitter in Carlton. Go figure.

You know the old joke I guess... what’s the difference between a clitoris and a pint of Fosters? The clitoris only tastes of piss for the first few seconds. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Tannin said:
    "Home made" jams and pastries and every other bloody thing which are not remotely home made. When I am the Tzar (or the Galactic Overlord, whichever comes first) the owner of any shop selling commercially produced goods and labelling them "home made" will be subject to a truly horrible punishment, the details of which I won't disclose in this family-oriented place (largely because I haven't finished dreaming them up yet). But rest assured, it won't be pretty.

And just because it says ‘homemade’ on the tin, doesn’t guarantee it’s any good. It might well be shite.

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Kilgore said:
    "serves one" - Not a chance little more than a starter.

"serves two" - Nope, serves one and I'm still peckish.

"family size" - Nope, serves two at a stretch. 
    I assume this is based on calorie consumption rather than portion size.

What it's really telling you is how much shit is put into these foods, so the portion had to be tiny to compensate.

I was going to say it's probably still got x4 your recommended daily salt intake. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24331
    Neill said:
    I remember during the draymen's strike of the 1970's pubs had to rely on bottled beer and our local only had Double Diamond for several days. 

At the time the slogan was "A Double Diamond Works Wonders", well it had us wondering why on earth anyone would choose to drink the stuff.  
    ...works wonders, works wonders, Double Diamond works wonders so drink some today!

Along with 'boom boom boom boom, Esso Blue'.

Not suggesting you should drink paraffin mind... 
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 443
    Penguin, ripped one open and it was a chocolate biscuit! Liars!!