Rum and coke…

What's Hot

Comments

• danodano Frets: 1593
    Greatape said:
    DiscoStu said:
    I'm a Kraken man (Aldi do a great knock off for £14.99 btw) but just had some House of Elrick and a bottle of Bumbu.
    Lush.
    I contend that the Aldi knock off is better than Kraken. 
    What is the Aldi one called ? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Never mind all these namby-pamby, pinkie in the air, poofter spiced rums, what I want to know is what happened to good old, down-to-Earth, sailors Four Bells rum? Tell me that.

We used to buy it onboard for 96p a litre on the ship, so we knew it was good, and now it’s simply disappeared. Sailor Jerry? Who the fuck is he? Captain Morgan? Never saw him when I was at sea, I reckon they’re all made-up names.
    Sailor Jerry was a very famous tattoo artist known for work for Matelots
    Captain Morgan was the most famous Buccaneer ( a Government sponsored Pirate ) employed by King James to rob the Spanish galleons taking Silver and Gold from S America back to Spain.He was effectively a sponsored Pirate also charged with the defence of the new English Aquisition of Jamaica and it's captital Freetown which became Kingston.
    He did fall out of favour with the King and was arrested and returned to the Tower of London but was soon pardoned when the Spanish started to threaten the new Sugar Plantations of Jamaica that were introduced from Suriname.
    The King pleaded with him to take over as Governor of Jamaica to which he agreed on the condition that he be made a Knight of the Realm ........which he was ,and returned as the most succesful Governor and protector of Jamaica .
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Get this:

Add white rum and lemonade…

instant dirty mojito!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I'm going full Geordie... 

Coke cam get in the sea, but Rum and PEP; now that's a drink! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1513
    Never mind all these namby-pamby, pinkie in the air, poofter spiced rums, what I want to know is what happened to good old, down-to-Earth, sailors Four Bells rum? Tell me that.

We used to buy it onboard for 96p a litre on the ship, so we knew it was good, and now it’s simply disappeared. Sailor Jerry? Who the fuck is he? Captain Morgan? Never saw him when I was at sea, I reckon they’re all made-up names.
    The last time I saw Four Bells was in the Vine Bar on North Junction Street in Leith, a proper Leith boozer. Trust my number one daughter to live round the corner from a decent pub!!
    Four Bells was always my docking bottle.
    Mans Rum!! 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    rogd said:

The last time I saw Four Bells was in the Vine Bar on North Junction Street in Leith, a proper Leith boozer. Trust my number one daughter to live round the corner from a decent pub!!
    Four Bells was always my docking bottle.
    Mans Rum!! 
    euphemism? 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave8Dave8 Frets: 244
    Greatape said:
    DiscoStu said:
    I'm a Kraken man (Aldi do a great knock off for £14.99 btw) but just had some House of Elrick and a bottle of Bumbu.
    Lush.
    Wise words. Agreed. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18749
    edited July 2021
    I'm going full Geordie... 

Coke cam get in the sea, but Rum and PEP; now that's a drink! 
    I can remember the lasses choosing that to separate the cheapskates from the serious lads back in the day. 'Can aah buy yeez a drink Pet? Aye gannon, aah'll have a rum 'n' pep" or 'brandy & babycham'    1 
  • Tried Lidl’s version of Kraken, bloody horrible. Just tastes like vanilla extract. 
    Tried a Dark n Stormy, although not with Goslings Black Seal but not a big fan of ginger so I’ll stick to a couple of ice cubes I think. 
    Although, Havana Club 7 with ice, lime and a bit of brown sugar is lovely. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3546
    dano said:
    Greatape said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Lush.
    I think it's this one. 

https://www.aldi.co.uk/old-hopking-sea-dog-black-spice-rum/p/087248249387600

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    One of my best mates is Jamaican and he bought me a bottle of Appleton Estate last Christmas. Best rum I’ve ever had.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Greatape said:
    dano said:
    Greatape said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Lush.
    I think it's this one. 

Aldi, the tribute band supermarket. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Deadman said:
    One of my best mates is Jamaican and he bought me a bottle of Appleton Estate last Christmas. Best rum I’ve ever had.
    Which one? 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    Deadman said:
    Which one? 
    Signature blend. Not the dear stuff! It was still amazing.
  • FledermausFledermaus Frets: 180
    Pusser’s or Blackwell’s rum and Fentiman’s ginger beer…..  every time. I only use coke to clean my copper pans 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Greatape said:
    dano said:
    Greatape said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Lush.
    I think it's this one. 

That's the one, though as I said earlier they have rebranded it as Cassario now. It's every bit as good as Kraken and only 15 quid. Winner!

https://cdn.aldi-digital.co.uk//709375425329800-A.jpg?o=XKG5yCVqBb9nycd6NSXmUoXaJ3Mj&V=2hu8&w=1500&p=2&q=50

DiscoStu said:
    Greatape said:
    dano said:
    Greatape said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Lush.
    I think it's this one. 

That's the one, though as I said earlier they have rebranded it as Cassario now. It's every bit as good as Kraken and only 15 quid. Winner!

https://cdn.aldi-digital.co.uk//709375425329800-A.jpg?o=XKG5yCVqBb9nycd6NSXmUoXaJ3Mj&V=2hu8&w=1500&p=2&q=50

Hmmm 'black spiced flavour with Rum'. 
    No thanks, make mine a good Rum, with a glass if you absolutely must.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    DiscoStu said:
    Greatape said:
    dano said:
    Greatape said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Lush.
    I think it's this one. 

Hmmm 'black spiced flavour with Rum'. 
    No thanks, make mine a good Rum, with a glass if you absolutely must.
    Hey it's £15, tastes great, is getting drowned in Coke anyway and gets you pissed. Love it!
    edited July 2021
    I'll go with the 'gets you pissed' bit  but as for Coke, Cuba can stay un-libre'd permanently for me.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Rum is the best. 
    A smoky one neat with some ice. Kraken/sea dog with coke. Tasty white (not Bacardi) with mango fruit juice. Black Americano with a spiced rum. Yes yes yes*

* Although I'm currently in the hangover stage of "I'm never drinking again"