Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Facebook, insta and WhatsApp down

What's Hot

Comments

• Just for some serious context here - to all the “Facebook and Instagram are for the degenerate low life’s in society” naysayers that populate the fretboard… I, as well as many other guitar businesses rely heavily on social media to reach my customers and fan base. 
    You expect this bunch of rabble rousers to understand that though? As long as they get their free online 'working mens conservative club' with no advertisements, then they're okay Jack!! ;)

That's very generous to FB considering what they did to you over Fingland :tired_face: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4133
    https://blog.cloudflare.com/october-2021-facebook-outage/

This is a clear article explaining the sitrep.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just for some serious context here - to all the “Facebook and Instagram are for the degenerate low life’s in society” naysayers that populate the fretboard… I, as well as many other guitar businesses rely heavily on social media to reach my customers and fan base. 
    You expect this bunch of rabble rousers to understand that though? As long as they get their free online 'working mens conservative club' with no advertisements, then they're okay Jack!! ;)

That's very generous to FB considering what they did to you over Fingland :tired_face: 
    Oh, the wallet biopsy? Get outta my room ya sick coont!!

;)

Bye!

• FB seems to be back!
  • JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    FB seems to be back!
    Yeah , let's take the shit back to FB .
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2090
    I realised there was more time to practice guitar….instead of watching folks practice guitar….I think it’s the way forward .

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10719
    VimFuego said:
    DesVegas said:
    I only really use (used?) Facebook for the band messaging each other. The "what you were doing 5 years ago on this day" was quite fun but i'd pretty much unfollowed everyone else due to drivel and shite pictures of dogs
    what about pics of dog shite? I reckon that's gotta be half my feed.
    Your Facebook feed, right?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15616
    viz said:
    VimFuego said:
    DesVegas said:
    I only really use (used?) Facebook for the band messaging each other. The "what you were doing 5 years ago on this day" was quite fun but i'd pretty much unfollowed everyone else due to drivel and shite pictures of dogs
    what about pics of dog shite? I reckon that's gotta be half my feed.
    Your Facebook feed, right?
    erm, yeeeeeeah, that's what I meant...

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not a very robust setup… putting your internal support and security on the same platform.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Seems like we’re back….

Which is a relief, frankly.  Yesterday I had to resort to the works Yammer thing to tell people how dreadful their tastes in music are. 
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 291
    Coinciding with the the FB, IG & Whatsapp outage yesterday our 2 Huawei phones were reporting that they had no internet connection, when in fact they were connected and it was possible to browse websites etc.  

Other devices here were unaffected, just the 2 Huawei phones.

Did anyone else experience a similar occurrence?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10454
    Chris.B said:
    Coinciding with the the FB, IG & Whatsapp outage yesterday our 2 Huawei phones were reporting that they had no internet connection, when in fact they were connected and it was possible to browse websites etc.  

Other devices here were unaffected, just the 2 Huawei phones.

Did anyone else experience a similar occurrence?
    Yeah wifes iPhone 12 said same thing 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33836
    Strong.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Danny1969 said:

Thanks Danny, at least that confirms it wasn't a local issue with my PLAs or a problem relating to Huawei phones. 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5682
    Chris.B said:
    Danny1969 said:

Thanks Danny, at least that confirms it wasn't a local issue with my PLAs or a problem relating to Huawei phones. 
    My missus was complaining her phone had no internet too, think hers is an iPhone XR. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    Getting away from the bickering, the Whatsapp app on my PC was broken this morning.  Coincidence?
    Haych said:

My missus was complaining her phone had no internet too, think hers is an iPhone XR. 
    Thank Haych.

What is reported as internal configuration changes at FB towers seems to have caused a number of phones from different manufacturers to incorrectly report themselves as offline.

We need the truth - we should demand an inquisition.
    crunchman said:
    Getting away from the bickering, the Whatsapp app on my PC was broken this morning.  Coincidence?
    My PC based Whatsapp reported a missing DLL file on Sunday, reinstalling the app solved the problem. This was about 24 hours before the apparent FB problem. 
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    A lot of other services were also having more minor issues due to the outage. It would take a while to explain properly, but to put it in simple terms for a less technical audience: Facebook disappearing from the Internet put a lot of strain on other pieces of Internet infrastructure due to loads of people trying and failing to access it. This would cause intermittent issues with other services and websites. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    A lot of other services were also having more minor issues due to the outage. It would take a while to explain properly, but to put it in simple terms for a less technical audience: Facebook disappearing from the Internet put a lot of strain on other pieces of Internet infrastructure due to loads of people trying and failing to access it. This would cause intermittent issues with other services and websites. 
    Long live BGP
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.