The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11991
    Let's hope West Ham does one on City like they did to Man United 30 years ago!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9932
    I really hope West Ham can do something, and they are capable certainly, however I can't see it happening now City are in the driving seat :(
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 93
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1186
    The way the commentators were speaking after the game it was like City had already won. They've got to play West Ham with their last game with Moyes, and we've got history of denying titles on the last day. A Moyes park the bus special leading to a draw and an Arsenal win isn't unrealistic, don't count your chickens! 
    It was ridiculous wasn't it.  Yeah I get that it's unlikely West Ham will be beating them but jeez last night was ridiculous commentary.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4615
    I would love it, love it, if we beat them - Kevin Keegan. 

Not sure how this is relevant here but it is a rather super quote
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7278
    edited May 15
    The way the commentators were speaking after the game it was like City had already won. They've got to play West Ham with their last game with Moyes, and we've got history of denying titles on the last day. A Moyes park the bus special leading to a draw and an Arsenal win isn't unrealistic, don't count your chickens! 
    To quote Mr Keegan - ‘I would bloody love that’

EDIT - @DesVegas beat me to it !
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1349
    Well i would love it if we beat them tonight!! (Toon vs Manure).

Its all about finishing above man u for the toon as well as perhaps finishing above spurs (5th) on GD... if sheff U do a job on spurs last day of season. (you never know).

But with half of the 1st team squad out for a big chunk of season due to injurys, it is another v good season if toon win tonight. Livramento, lewis and other younguns have been very good covering. 
    Brighton have chelsea and Manu left , so can do us a favour there as well.

But a cracking prospect tonight at Old T. Toon should be well up for it, might see capt trippier and pope back in squad which i think will help a lot and could bring a proper thraping if Isak has had his weetabix.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9932
    Let's hope the weather stays dry at Old Trafford tonight. Apparently the lovely waterfall there on Sunday was technically the 4th highest waterfall in England
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3106
    I'd love Toon and Chelsea to do well tonight so I can wrap my work FPL league up.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1104
    Yeah its only in their control and theirs to lose, til the FT whistle blows in both games then its truly over!

Would love for West Ham to spoil the party though.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14507
    tFB Trader
    Let's hope the weather stays dry at Old Trafford tonight. Apparently the lovely waterfall there on Sunday was technically the 4th highest waterfall in England
    Yes, amazing they can't do anything about it - Been like that for years - last time I went was 2012 and it was like it back then 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3048
    So...d'ya think they will vote to lose VAR? 14/20 required. I don't think the top 6 or anyone in contention for Europe will want to play to a different tune.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23319
    edited May 15
    blobb said:
    So...d'ya think they will vote to lose VAR? 14/20 required. I don't think the top 6 or anyone in contention for Europe will want to play to a different tune.
    It was exciting when the headline popped up, but I don't think there'll be enough votes to get rid of it.  If they did dump it, then surely they'd have to do the same in the EFL?  It would be ridiculous for them to keep it if it wasn't being used in the Premier League.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10359
    Man I hate VAR so much. The human error is just at a different point now and now we just talk about how shit it is when we used to talk about whether it was actually a penalty. 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3048
    I think there can be no question that it has spoiled the fan experience. I kind of like the idea of the ref being able to consult a video replay if there is something he maybe didn't see clearly, I also like the yes / no offside reviews if they bring the auto system in rather than drawing arbitrary lines, but it shouldn't be based on a technical mm or toenail. It should be about gaining an advantage. I think Wenger proposed a variation that covered this and he always talks sense. At the end of the day though I think I go with Clough - play to the whistle and win by being the better team and scoring more goals. Respect the ref decision and get over it. Some you win, some you lose. That's football really.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11991
    I dislike VAR now, the only thing I would keep is the automated offside they use at the World Cup.  Everything else, just no.

Common sense out the window, even with replayssssssss they still get it wrong.  Not simple subjective ones but sometimes even objective ones like the Liverpool vs Spurs goal. It’s just unacceptable. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10359
    blobb said:
    I think there can be no question that it has spoiled the fan experience. I kind of like the idea of the ref being able to consult a video replay if there is something he maybe didn't see clearly, I also like the yes / no offside reviews if they bring the auto system in rather than drawing arbitrary lines, but it shouldn't be based on a technical mm or toenail. It should be about gaining an advantage. I think Wenger proposed a variation that covered this and he always talks sense. At the end of the day though I think I go with Clough - play to the whistle and win by being the better team and scoring more goals. Respect the ref decision and get over it. Some you win, some you lose. That's football really.
    It really has spoiled the fan experience. If they're going to keep it some changes would make sense.

I think they should allow the ref to review whenever he wants if it's in the box or a goal, but unless he calls for it they should keep out of it, and each team gets 1 request to review a half and that's it. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14507
    edited May 15 tFB Trader
    blobb said:
    It really has spoiled the fan experience. If they're going to keep it some changes would make sense.

I think they should allow the ref to review whenever he wants if it's in the box or a goal, but unless he calls for it they should keep out of it, and each team gets 1 request to review a half and that's it. 
    I think in the main you are right @TeleMaster and @blobb ; - Plus it needs to be for clear and obvious issues - If it has to be studied multiple times then time to move on and stick with the  on field decision 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12979
    Everyone finally cottoning on to the fact that VAR is shit feels somewhat cathartic for those of us who have been opposing it for years, but it won't make up for the football that it has absolutely ruined in the intervening time. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27792

If VAR can't make the decision in 30secs, then they don't get to be involved.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom