Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Axis Wah Announcement

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30931
    SidNewton said:
    I wonder though, now Vertex is a good as dead, how long will it be before Mason reappears under a different name?
    BBE Custom Designs?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1477017

michael landau's comments on the whole debacle.

so gald i went Rmc 10 teese
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15563
    SidNewton said:
    I wonder though, now Vertex is a good as dead, how long will it be before Mason reappears under a different name?

be difficult to know though, as he'll be covered by a load of gloop.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Part of me thinks this is terrible and fraudulent. Yes people have been duped.

However, part of me thinks that buyers should have let their ears do the talking. If they were prepared to pay top dollar for something they like the sound of, then fair play. If they weren't prepared to look at, listen to, or audition cheaper alternatives then more fool them.

The real tragedy is that the second hand value of vertex pedals is niw effectively fuck all. Like most guitarists, I am sure vertex owners would have looked to move on pedals at some point in the future, so even those satisfied with their purchases will be out of pocket, unless refunds are issued....
  • ^ that might be a bonus imo, it means you can get a BBE wah for less than the "real" thing :p
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11616
    tFB Trader
    Surely this has made a few people re-evaluate the BBE Ben-wah and realise that it's pretty good, especially at the price point

It was the only other one I had fancied owning when I went wah shopping

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• FelineGuitars;345162" said:
    Surely this has made a few people re-evaluate the BBE Ben-wah and realise that it's pretty good, especially at the price point

It was the only other one I had fancied owning when I went wah shopping
    You'd think so. It's proof that some people won't even bother trying anything less than the most expensive thing on the market - the BBE looks pretty well built to be honest!

I'd love to see Pete thorn do a demo of the BBE Ben wah. That might generate a bit of interest as it's widely regarded as being one of the best sounding wahs on the planet (if dressed in vertex clothing at least).
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    edited September 2014
    Gassage said:
    Just so everyone knows I too have ceased all association with Vertex. Anyone who has bought one endorsed by Gassage can return it to me for a full refund.
    Is it OK if I just send you a BBE with Vertex written on it in crayon?
    There's more handwork in that one than in the "genuine" "Vertex" versions...

Allegedly!
    RMJ said:
    Part of me thinks this is terrible and fraudulent. Yes people have been duped.

(a) However, part of me thinks that buyers should have let their ears do the talking. If they were prepared to pay top dollar for something they like the sound of, then fair play. If they weren't prepared to look at, listen to, or audition cheaper alternatives then more fool them.

(b) The real tragedy is that the second hand value of vertex pedals is niw effectively fuck all. Like most guitarists, I am sure vertex owners would have looked to move on pedals at some point in the future, so even those satisfied with their purchases will be out of pocket, unless refunds are issued....
    (a) The flaw in that is that there aren't actually that many BBE dealers, at least here in the UK. Had someone checked out a Vertex in a shop which also had the BBE in stock, then maybe your point is valid. I'm guessing a lot of people didn't, though. The cynic in me also wonders if Vertex didn't give its wahs to BBE dealers, in case they put 2+2 together... :))

(b) Yeah pretty much. Well, I dunno about "the real tragedy", but it's certainly a part of it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete Thorne did demo the BBE ... its called the Vertex...lol.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Not sure if this has already been posted but he's finally admitted all the mods were purely cosmetic

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1477492
  • Adam_MD said:
    Not sure if this has already been posted but he's finally admitted all the mods were purely cosmetic

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1477492
    Wow. I'm actually rather impressed.

I do tend to agree with some of the posters on TGP - they wanted an apology and an admission of guilt, and they got it. To further take shots at him seems somewhat childish. Couldn't read much more than a couple of pages of people refusing to accept it gracefully; seems that some people on there just want to see him in sackcloth and ashes.
    <space for hire>
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    The dude is obviously just an opportunistic bellend, but when people, particularly a group of people rather than individuals, get on their high horses, they tend to really like the view from up there.

Unless you actually lost money yourself, or you work for BBE, there's too many people getting totes emosh about pedals.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    That was a compelling read. Still think he's lying his arse off though.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I'm thinking of putting together a "rogues gallery" pedalboard -

So a vertex wah, freakish blues drive, a tone monk phoenix

Anyone got any more suggestions?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vemuram Jan ray and a Dumbloid?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited September 2014
    It's Freakish Blues all over again.

...and it'll happen again and again as long as there are chancers like this out there and people gullible enough to buy into the marketing BS.

Nice to see another one of them have their house of lies crash down around them. It's been happening more lately too, which is nice.
  • xwolf5150xwolf5150 Frets: 180
    edited September 2014
    I've no idea what the ' Freakish Blues ' reference is but it took balls to come clean.
    Idiots like those on TGP are partly to blame. .. anything hand built by elves using wire plucked from the mane of a unicorn and they all hail the new Holy Grail...easy targets for unscrupulous types.
    Sometimes a lie gathers so much momentum it's hard to stop and I think that's what happened.
    However, it's no excuse and I think trying to continue with Vertex is pointless.
    He's admitted lying, having no engineering skills and no morals... hardly a recipe for continued success !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Yeah I mean look how that worked out for Steve Jobs ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15563
    the steve jobs wah is the best wah on the planet, it's just not compatible with 90% of amps is all.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom