Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Axis Wah Announcement

What's Hot
Dear valued customers, friends, artists and internet community,

I am writing you to address the events surrounding the Axis Wah.

After carefully and thoughtfully reviewing all of the comments and feedback concerning the Axis Wah, I have realized that while the unique sonic qualities of the Axis Wah are well regarded, I failed to clearly disclose that the Axis Wah was a modification. By not fully and completely educating customers on the modifications and commonalities that the Axis Wah shares with another product, customers may not have been able to make the most informed decision in choosing the wah pedal that is best for them.

Vertex is a developing company, and I am continually learning how to grow my business and improve my practices to best meet the needs of my customers. In this instance, my inexperience may have diminished my customers’ experience. It was never my intention to be deceptive, and I am genuinely sorry if any customer was left feeling misled. My goal has always been to bring my customers the best possible sonic qualities in each pedal I sell and this will remain my number one priority.

With that said, my job is now to restore integrity to this situation as best I can. Moving forward, customers can count on me to be transparent and open about the origins of my products, and I will provide PCB/“gut shot” photos of all pedals in the product line. In addition, I will clearly identify any products that are modifications in the product description on the website and state this in all product manuals and literature.

I am requesting that you give me the opportunity to demonstrate growth and maturity of the Vertex brand, and show that Vertex is truly making some of the most innovative and sonically pleasing products in the industry.

If I can be of any assistance to you in this matter, I would love to speak with you by phone, email, or Skype. I will work tirelessly, everyday, to restore trust in Vertex. I have listed my information below and I’m available to you anytime. It would be my absolute pleasure and honor to speak with you.

Phone: (510) 863-0612
Email: mason@vertexeffects.com 

Sincerely,

Mason Marangella
Mason J. Marangella
Vertex Effects, Inc.
mason@vertexeffects.com

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So... What was the mod? As far as I've understood, component values were unchanged, even down to the wires in the pedal.

Changing the start point for the pot hardly counts as a mod to charge a massive amount of money for.

I suppose those labels and goop cost quite a bit...

And it certainly wasn't "hand crafted in california".

And the NOS ones had no NOS parts, regardless of how you think of the mojo.

And the volume pedal wasn't gutted and rebuilt from scratch...

Maybe I'm just not the target market though, right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1594
    edited September 2014

Well if you are Mr Vertex rather than an internet troll I think you are either missing the point or still trying to engage in a cover story

I failed to clearly disclose that the Axis Wah was a modification. By not fully and completely educating customers on the modifications and commonalities that the Axis Wah shares with another product, customers may not have been able to make the most informed decision in choosing the wah pedal that is best for them.

You claim it "shares".

You state it is a "modification" then claim about the "commonalities it shares with another product (the BBE wah)"

Surely it doesn't "share" as it is "modified" ??!

You are just contradicting yourself.

You should be open and honest, if you are taking a BBE wah and then modify it, rebadge it to a different brand  and sell it on, say it don't hide behind some marketing passive bullshit.

As an example you may understand and relate to....The new Lamborghini Aventador shares parts with the Audi R8, but it's not based on the R8. An Audi RS7 is a based on the Audi A7, they they the stock one and upgrade it,  give it a new badge and charge more. 
    You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15567
    I would hope that part of the learning and growth experience would be to send personal apologies to those individuals you had your lawyers send cease and desist letters to.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    Putting epoxy on the PCB and sticking your own labels on the casing of a pedal are not modifications.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ADP said:
    Putting epoxy on the PCB and sticking your own labels on the casing of a pedal are not modifications.

Yes they are. To some level of "modification"

Not internal or sonic changes though.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30931
    And there he goes - backpedalling so hard the chain just went *bang" !!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

And, it was all going so well until the split infinitive in the anti-penultimate paragraph.

Ruined it for me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    mike_l said:
    ADP said:

Yes they are. To some level of "modification"

Not internal or sonic changes though.

Obviously I should have said that they're not modifications you can charge $250 for. The epoxy and removing the original logo from the PCB are in fact internal modifications. For that matter, replacing the battery is as much an internal modification as anything Mason does. And it would affect the sound more.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited September 2014

For those of you looking for a new Wah just take the positive from that post.  Mason obviously really recommends the BBE Wah - and if you're a bit of a tweaker then better still.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72494
    Wow… a perfect demonstration of how to shoot yourself in the foot when there was no need to at all.

I had vaguely heard about these pedals and had no real interest in them, but since he posted this I've spent an hour reading various threads on other forums and now I have an informed opinion, which I wouldn't have done before. It's nice that he feels the need to get this information out as widely as possible.

I honestly think he's delusional and a compulsive liar rather than simply dishonest, and probably needs psychiatric treatment. Or to go into politics.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27638
    dano said:
    Well if you are Mr Vertex rather than an internet troll I think you are either missing the point or still trying to engage in a cover story

The sign-up email addy and the IP location suggest that it's genuine.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @randomhandclaps

Can we ALL stop with the split infinitives?

It's making me madly wild.

TTony said:
    dano said:

What?

customer.service@bbeeffects. com ?

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bah, it merely shares some commonalities with a split infinitive.

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited September 2014
    Gassage said:
    TTony said:
    dano said:

What?

customer.service@bbeeffects. com ?
    That would be a hilarious bit of counter deception.
    BBE could now market a Vertex Clone.

Hoist on own petard.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

For those of you looking for a new Wah just take the positive from that post.  Mason obviously really recommends the BBE Wah - and if you're a bit of a tweaker then better still.

Crystal Meth ruins a lot of lives. Fact.

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Ok Mason - you're forgiven. Now go to your room.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So... What was the mod? 

The price mod.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    So... What was the mod? 

The price mod.

is that the one where you do nothing, bar change a sticker, apply some gunk and charge an extra $250?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)