Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

MXR Analogman 'Duke of tone'

What's Hot

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4705
    Cirrus said:

Cool that it's available though. I wonder if this is the real reason the waiting list for the real deal has been left to approach infinity?
    I thought the waiting list was for the KOT, not the POT which was usually available?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3399
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    edited June 2022
    This is a great idea by MXR. And a also for AM I guess. I would probably never have bought a Timmy if MXR hadn’t released one so you can buy it in a regular guitar store, instead of online only in the USA.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    edited June 2022
    Sassafras said:
    Fishboy7 said:
    What's next. The Peasant of Tone?
    Great for serf guitar.
    That's some exceptional quality work there 

I was going to say this is all getting a bit meta. First with the Timmy, now this (maybe some more in the meantime, I'm not sure). Original is (for whatever reason) hard to come by, has a long waiting list and/or is really expensive. So cheapo cloners come along. So then to get a slice of that pie-or being more charitable, to allow people who want "the real thing" (or at least more or less the real thing) to avoid having to resort to an unofficial copy- an "officially licensed" copy made by someone with the capacity to make more of them is announced.
    johnhe said:
    This is a great idea by MXR. And a also for AM I guess. I would probably never have bought a Timmy if MXR hadn’t released one so you can buy it in a regular guitar store, instead of online only in the USA.
    Just to be clear, it is a good idea (and the obvious one, really).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    Greyfriars Carpark (Leicester) of Tone.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pluckbuddypluckbuddy Frets: 278
    Like the ktr and diodes, I hope the DoT has an authentic 4 year wait so we can get the full experience 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Prince Andrew of Tone..
    Perfect for the pedalphile in your life.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think I would prefer a full size pedal but it does look very interesting 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Yeah seems an odd choice going straight to mini but hey ho
  • Maybe releasing these pedals as mini's is a way to minimize the direct competition with the originals?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Maybe releasing these pedals as mini's is a way to minimize the direct competition with the originals?
    Could be. Usually when a cheaper (official) version of something appears, there are a few (arguably deliberate!) differences. Or everyone would just buy the cheaper one, even the people who could afford the dearer one...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    MXR have quite a lot of mini pedals now so maybe they’re making this one mini because that’s what sells. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    MXR have quite a lot of mini pedals now so maybe they’re making this one mini because that’s what sells. 
    Yeah that's another (less conspiracy theory) possibility :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2641
    Assuming it's real - and why not? - apart from the obvious Klon mini (of which there's an oversaturation already) is there any other obvious candidate to add to the series?

Oh, and is another thing about the mini format that they would have to be SMD components, which would definitely set them apart from the originals. 
  • pluckbuddypluckbuddy Frets: 278
    Isn't the Sugar Drive meant to be a Klon-type overdrive? 
    Assuming it's real - and why not? - apart from the obvious Klon mini (of which there's an oversaturation already) is there any other obvious candidate to add to the series?

Oh, and is another thing about the mini format that they would have to be SMD components, which would definitely set them apart from the originals. 
    By "obvious candidate" do you mean something along the lines of the Timmy and Prince of Tone i.e. stuff which is pretty expensive and hard to get? Or just anything fairly standard which they don't currently have in their lineup?
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2641
    The former - a maker-approved, mass-produced alternative to a difficult-to-obtain boutique pedal (which is why I mentioned the Klon, but there are already more Klones than the world needs). I can't think of any, but I'm notoriously unimaginative. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    JHS teamed up with Boss and they are pretty big as it is. ZVex or Thorpy maybe?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7429
    Guv’nor 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    The former - a maker-approved, mass-produced alternative to a difficult-to-obtain boutique pedal (which is why I mentioned the Klon, but there are already more Klones than the world needs). I can't think of any, but I'm notoriously unimaginative. 
    Yeah I can't think of any either! For the other standard option, I was thinking maybe a Rat, I don't think they do a Rat, but I could be wrong. Guv'nor as @TimmyO said is a good call, too. None of the big names seems to do a Guv'nor, which is strange, I mean Marshall doesn't even make it any more!