Jeff Beck

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12367
    Good grief, that’s some tribute.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    And still no tribute programme from the BBC? Or did I miss it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited February 2023
    Philtre said:
    And still no tribute programme from the BBC? Or did I miss it?

Nowt to my knowledge
    There was a concert on BBC Four last night
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    Hope JB can get to 10 pages!
    tae be or not tae be
  • KRSKRS Frets: 9
    Jeff Beck was a beautiful man. Not only did he show us a unique approach to the electric guitar, but he demonstrated how to conduct oneself, should one find oneself in the awkward situation of being an actual rock god. Humble, respectful and just a bloody good egg, the man was a fucking genius. Get yourself a copy of 'Guitar shop' and 'Blow by Blow'. Don't cheap out, get actual vinyl or CD, you won't be disappointed. Play his shit through your big ass stereo. 
    I was lucky enough to see him in Liverpool a while back. He blew my mind. And he had Buddy Guy as his support act. 
    At one point in the show, it looked like Jeff was a bit overwhelmed by the reaction from the audience. "you stalwarts" he cried. Yes, I thought. We Are. 
    And yes. I do own a Surf Green Strat. Not a proper JB. Just a humble 2013 Fender Start Special.
    KRS said:
    Jeff Beck was a beautiful man. Not only did he show us a unique approach to the electric guitar, but he demonstrated how to conduct oneself, should one find oneself in the awkward situation of being an actual rock god. Humble, respectful and just a bloody good egg, the man was a fucking genius. Get yourself a copy of 'Guitar shop' and 'Blow by Blow'. Don't cheap out, get actual vinyl or CD, you won't be disappointed. Play his shit through your big ass stereo. 
    I was lucky enough to see him in Liverpool a while back. He blew my mind. And he had Buddy Guy as his support act. 
    At one point in the show, it looked like Jeff was a bit overwhelmed by the reaction from the audience. "you stalwarts" he cried. Yes, I thought. We Are. 
    And yes. I do own a Surf Green Strat. Not a proper JB. Just a humble 2013 Fender Start Special.
    I agree on his humbleness. There’s a point in his Live at Ronnie Scott’s show where he brings Clapton on and bows down to him, whereas Clapton should be licking Jeff’s boots. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22866
    edited February 2023
    Could the "now confirmed" be taken off this thread title?  It feels weird now.
    Done. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22866
    Thank you!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    edited March 2023
    Two tribute shows announced at the London Royal Albert Hall on 22nd & 23rd May, with various people who admired or worked with him. Tickets are on general sale from 10.00am tomorrow.

https://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton-news/303-tribute-concerts-jeff-beck-happen-22-23-may-royal-albert-hall
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A year already
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 14
    I mentioned on Page 7 of this thread that I live a few doors down from Jeff beck's old family home and that by chance, I stumbled across his funeral at the end of my road at St.Mary's Church, Beddington Park.

The people of Wallington wished to pay tribute to this local hero as he was also a choir boy at the church and so they've planted a tree for him. Not any old tree but an Alder Tree that recognises his preferred choice of wood for his Strats and today I visited it (it's been there for a good few months but I couldn't find it) - Nice 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom