NAM: neural amp modeler

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Just had a first play with NAM tonight and so far very happy with what I was hearing!

There's so many available amps on ToneHunt, I didn't know where to start.
    Stumbled across a channel on YouTube demoing a few of the higher gain amps, which may appeal to some;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The more I play around with NAM captures, the more I wish Kemper could allow for the use of .nam files on the unit. That would change the game massively. It’ll never happen, but to have both Kemper profiles and NAM captures in the same unit would be immense. Utilising all the other cool stuff on the Kemper alongside a NAM capture would be amazing. It’s open source after all. Wishful daydreaming though.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 335
    edited September 2023
    DaveMon said:
    There's so many available amps on ToneHunt, I didn't know where to start.
    Tip: sort by "Popular" to find the best amp models.

You can also use the NAM fx with other software, one of my favourites being the NAM drive/fuzz pedals into Helix Native.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 23
    Vintage65 said:
    How many snapshots would it take to comprehensively model a typical FX pedal?
    "Today, I'm releasing ParametricOD, a plugin that uses NAM's parametric modeling capabilities to give you a model of my overdrive pedal that is accurate across the full range of the pedal's knobs and switches" - Steven Atkinson.

Drive

Further info here: https://www.neuralampmodeler.com/post/the-first-publicly-available-parametric-neural-amp-model