Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New UK made offset bridge

What's Hot
SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Changes everything? Why? There are already several bridges on the market that solve all the old problems and look better than that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 489
    edited August 2023
    Looks great, interesting approach, improves the sustain but how does affects the harmonics of an offset guitar?

Anything that improves or gives options in the offset world is welcome! 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9624
    Claims it’s patented, not sure if that claim is true.
  • "If suspended and struck, it rings like a chime." Sounds interesting but might be a bit fiddly to get it out so you can do that. I wonder what the deal is with the post adjustment. In some of the photos it shows a hole and in others a sort of screwdriver slotted head. I think it looks alright but price will be a critical factor as far as I'm concerned. Interesting nonetheless.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • Link to my trading feedback
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3203
    I can see the idea behind it: staytrem is limited to two radius options and Mastery is known to rattle. There are a few other options about, but they often tend to be cheaply made. I’m interested, but a competitive cost paired with reliability are going to be my key motivators and that waits to be seen.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    edited August 2023
    Conspicuous by its absence is the price.

"No rattles", they say. No sounds of my piggy bank being emptied either.

The venture smacks of a crowd funded project that may - or may not - come to fruition.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    edited August 2023
    You lot are a right bunch of grumps. It looks interesting. Mastery is *great* but isn't fully adjustable for radius or intonation, as much as their PR guys will swear it is. And the Staytrem has literally zero radius adjustment. 

The guy on OSG is legit and I hope he succeeds - he's been working on this for years https://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111312  ;
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    What a miserable bunch of...

Actually, its better looking than the Mastery (IMHO).

The Mastery has its own set of issues including rattles and creaks when using the trem as the saddles can move when the tension drops - I flagged it to Woody at the time and he said something along the lines of 'noted - will look into it' and that was that. I've also had them drop - ie you are then back into the realms of threadlock etc.  I'm a fan, but they aren't perfect.

The Staytrem looks like the OEM bridge (ish) but as pointed out above isn't radius adjustable. 

I'm really happy to see another way of looking at the issues  - and another option. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    impmann said:
    What a miserable bunch of...

Actually, its better looking than the Mastery (IMHO).

The Mastery has its own set of issues including rattles and creaks when using the trem as the saddles can move when the tension drops - I flagged it to Woody at the time and he said something along the lines of 'noted - will look into it' and that was that. I've also had them drop - ie you are then back into the realms of threadlock etc.  I'm a fan, but they aren't perfect.

The Staytrem looks like the OEM bridge (ish) but as pointed out above isn't radius adjustable. 

I'm really happy to see another way of looking at the issues  - and another option. 
    Have also experienced all of the above with Mastery bridges. When they're set up perfectly they are as good as it gets, but that's a far more difficult thing to achieve than they'd have you believe. Even then, yes, they can drop. I had one on my Jag for years and it was exceptional... right up until it dropped on one side during a gig. And the lateral movement of the saddles is hugely irritating and causes tonnes of rattles; there's a fine balance to be struck between the height of the baseplate and the height of the saddles. Even with 11s on, you need to make sure your downward force is dialled in. Staytem is the one for me. Doesn't sound *quite* as good as the Mastery, but is more sympathetic to vibrato use, and is a real set and forget bridge. As long as your height and intonation are done, they'll never cause you a single issue. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    I don't have an issue with its claim - It looks better on the guitar then off it 

But the big issues as far as I can see - No price - So assume I want to buy one, where do I buy it and order it  - Chances are it will be sold directly - I don't see your 'box shifting' stores stocking it as that would add to the retail price - It's initial impact will be via such forums as here etc and relevant social media channels - So a price and how to order should be there - It looks like you can join an e-mail waiting list - But surely they must have some available stock now - Can't believe they've only built one so far - They've got me excited but I can't buy now - Big downer IMO

Therefore strong marks so far for the design etc but no marks for the companies 'commercial' aspect 

The link that @freakboy1610 posted tells you far more inc info about its patent and steel construction plus tolerances to its build
    https://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126191

Again this info should be on his own site
  • He says price will be 'in-line with other boutique bridge makers', so I reckon around £150? Def can't see it being as cheap as Staytrem, and I imagine some of the perceived value may be in the shorter waiting time. 
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 394
    Without wanting to derail this thread…
    I love Staytrem stuff, but 20 weeks waiting for a Fender XI bridge from them is mightily frustrating (patience I know!) and no way idea if it’s coming in this time frame?
    jon

• I like it! I'm on the waitlist, I'll try one out on an offset build in the new year :)
    I like it! I'm on the waitlist, I'll try one out on an offset build in the new year :)
    Me too. I'm happy to try one on my main JM 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Looks great but is it worth £412?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    Is that genuine - If so, I thought it was a small 'nerdy' market in the first place - £412 is very 'nerdy'
  • Sassafras said:
    Wut.

Where did you see that? I'm not expecting it to be cheap, but that would be a dealbreaker for me (and many others, I'm sure)
    I assume Sas is being sarcastic as the guy has said its tbc but will be in line with competitors, which should mean in the 150-200 range.