Line 6 HX One

What's Hot
GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4137
Looks like Sweetwater has jumped the gun on this. Looks like a replacement for the M5. Small footprint pedal with all the HX effects. And can use a regular 9v supply.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    https://youtu.be/SitWOzMaH7E?si=kukXPIET5eZINu7X

I guess, roughly speaking, the HX generation replacement for the M5. 
    There’s a learning curve although looks like once you have a few basics down you can cheerfully edit effects and create presets. I like the Flux feature, especially for effects like rotary nor tape delay where you expect to hear the mechanics of change. 
    I think it’s $299. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Imagine these will be getting squeezed onto many a mega board soon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    oooh the LED changes colour based on the effect being used. simple but pleasing :D  
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    You beat @EricTheWeary by two minutes, and  me by 15

So this is the M5 successor I've been wondering if they'd ever do. The next question is can they sell it to me lol. I'm quite fond of my presets
  • Looks nice but isn’t £299 a little too much for just one effect at a time?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:

So this is the M5 successor I've been wondering if they'd ever do. The next question is can they sell it to me lol. I'm quite fond of my presets
    I think this went up when I was typing mine.  Maybe a passing modmin can combine the two. 
    Looks nice but isn’t £299 a little too much for just one effect at a time?
    No amp sims so you can’t have it as a desk top do it all modeller either. Although arguably just over £1 per effect, maybe that’s good value! And using the Flux you can switch between two settings of the same effect, maybe rhythm and solo settings of the same overdrive. 
    edited October 2023
    roberty said:

I think this went up when I was typing mine.  Maybe a passing modmin can combine the two. 
    No doubt (edit: oops) @Roland will be along in due course

I think I'll go to an IRL shop and try this out. It is basically what I was looking for when I got my M5. I've never actually had a situation where the M5 left me wanting though

Not sure I'm keen on the downgrade to just three parameter knobs. Part of the appeal of the M5 is how quick it is to adjust. One knob per function, like a normal pedal
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    Merged
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

No doubt @Bridgehouse will be along in due course

I think I'll go to an IRL shop and try this out. It is basically what I was looking for when I got my M5. I've never actually had a situation where the M5 left me wanting though

Not sure I'm keen on the downgrade to just three parameter knobs. Part of the appeal of the M5 is how quick it is to adjust. One knob per function, like a normal pedal
    You can scroll and the knobs work for additional parameters depending on the effect type. Probably not ideal in the middle of a gig as it would be something like trying to play guitar and use a smart phone (that’s on the floor) at the same time but for setting up presets would be easy enough. 
    Oof that will have to come down to tempt me 
    Roland said:
    Merged
    Thanks as ever
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7150
    Another video demo on my blog 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

in the middle of a gig are you likely to be adjusting more than just the basic stuff? (delay time / mix / depth etc)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27073
    edited October 2023
    Oooh. This would be perfect for the gigging board for "feature effects" - exactly how I used to use an M9

Can't watch the vid at work, but assuming I can switch easily between different patches with a simple up/down switch or something then it might replace a couple of different things on the gigging board which would be ace 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24334
    How much are Strymons for one effect at a time?

How much are high end drive pedals without any other effects at all?

It's a lot of money, but I don't think it is expensive as such compared to other products. It's just the way of the world now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    Oooh. This would be perfect for the gigging board for "feature effects" - exactly how I used to use an M9

Can't watch the vid at work, but assuming I can switch easily between different patches with a simple up/down switch or something then it might replace a couple of different things on the gigging board which would be ace 
    On the M5 you press both footswitches together to change between preset scroll and toggle+tap footswitch modes
  • One effect at a time does seem very stingy.

• Fingers crossed that they bring out the HX Amp soon then… :mrgreen: 

roberty said:

On the M5 you press both footswitches together to change between preset scroll and toggle+tap footswitch modes

Two foot switches at once to go into pre set mode on this. So same/similar.