Line 6 HX One

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27070

roberty said:
    Oooh. This would be perfect for the gigging board for "feature effects" - exactly how I used to use an M9

Can't watch the vid at work, but assuming I can switch easily between different patches with a simple up/down switch or something then it might replace a couple of different things on the gigging board which would be ace 
    On the M5 you press both footswitches together to change between preset scroll and toggle+tap footswitch modes

Two foot switches at once to go into pre set mode on this. So same/similar. 
    That should work pretty perfectly then.

I can potentially replace Deco and Ricochet with it, and add the option of extra swirlies/delays on other songs if I need them  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24330
    Line 6 Helix HX One Multi Effects Processor Pedal | guitarguitar

GuitarGuitar have them pre-order at £249
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited October 2023
    Interesting pedal and like an updated M5.

So, just to be clear, is it just one effect at a time or can you build a preset comprised of several effects like on my Zoom MS-70 CDR? 

Also, there's only one footswitch input and so it appears you can choose either an expression pedal or 2-button pedal but not both.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Kebabkid said:

So, just to be clear, is it just one effect at a time or can you build a preset comprised of several effects like on my Zoom MS-70 CDR? 

Also, there's only one footswitch input and so it appears you can choose either an expression pedal or 2-button pedal but not both.
    From watching it over breakfast this morning strictly one effect at a time although the flux switch means you can go between two settings of that one pedal. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    This gives me slight pause as it's not quite clear that it has all the fx from the HX. I know the poly pitch stuff is heavy on DSP but it's one of the main things I want it for.

Packed full of 250+ top-class effect emulations taken from Line 6’s HX ecosystem, including reverbs, delays, dynamics effects, dirt, and much more

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited October 2023
    Kebabkid said:

From watching it over breakfast this morning strictly one effect at a time although the flux switch means you can go between two settings of that one pedal. 

I've just acquired a Stomp, which is a better fit but the Zoom can also do most of this and be a Swiss Army Knife pedal, allowing up to 6 effects at once for a fraction of the price. Ok, it's fiddly and doesn't have MIDI but I think this is a strange move for Line 6 when you have the Stomp and other companies like Mooer, Valeton, Ampero making small units that can do more for less money.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Just take my money dammit ;)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    This gives me slight pause as it's not quite clear that it has all the fx from the HX. I know the poly pitch stuff is heavy on DSP but it's one of the main things I want it for.

Packed full of 250+ top-class effect emulations taken from Line 6’s HX ecosystem, including reverbs, delays, dynamics effects, dirt, and much more

Like a proper autistic I'm waiting for the pdf manual to drop
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • One effect at a time does seem very stingy.

Depends what you're using it for. Obviously it's vastly inferior to the other HX series units if you want a standalone box to replace all/most of your pedalboard, but the M5 which it supercedes (and the Eventide H9, which was pretty much a posh version of the M5) work very well as part of a compact-ish pedalboard like @stickyfiddle is talking about.

Pick your favourites for all the main jobs, then use the M5/H9/HX One for your "feature effects"- the stuff you use once in a set that isn't worth the pedalboard space or the spend for a dedicated pedal.

One of the big draws of the M5 was that it was the most convenient way by far (not to mention the cheapest) to get multiple presets of certain effects- if you wanted multiple reverbs, or pitch shifters for instance, it was the only thing on the market that wasn't a whole-ass multi-effects box, or rackmounted, or horribly expensive.

Granted, the HX One is twice the price of an M5 but I reckon it's probably still cheaper than any other pedalboard-friendly reverb with presets, and that's before you consider that not only is it a reverb with presets, it's also got 250 other effects.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:

Like a proper autistic I'm waiting for the pdf manual to drop

Ha. Same, except I don't think I'm autistic, just nerdy.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kebabkid said:
    I've just acquired a Stomp, which is a better fit but the Zoom can also do most of this and be a Swiss Army Knife pedal, allowing up to 6 effects at one for a fraction of the price. Ok, it's fiddly and doesn't have MIDI but I think this is a strange move for Line 6 when you have the Stomp and other companies like Mooer, Valeton, Ampero making small units that can do more for less money.

Which units are those? I've had an eye on something to upgrade my M5s and haven't seen anything from those companies that does what the M5 / HX One does.

Pretty sure none of the potential competitors have MIDI, which is a big deal in terms of incorporating something like this in to a larger pedalboard.

Also waiting for the manual. I note Sweetwater showed the Simple Pitch patch and not a poly one so I’ve got nerves! 
  • Also waiting for the manual. I note Sweetwater showed the Simple Pitch patch and not a poly one so I’ve got nerves! 

I'm sure once the guy from Line 6 gets off the phone from ripping the Sweetwater marketing team a new one it'll be up.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Also waiting for the manual. I note Sweetwater showed the Simple Pitch patch and not a poly one so I’ve got nerves! 

I'm sure once the guy from Line 6 gets off the phone from ripping the Sweetwater marketing team a new one it'll be up.
    Sweetwater are the largest musical instrument and pro audio retailers in the USA. I don’t think it would be surprising if they had a few hours exclusive on a new product (alternatively they shouldn’t have but Line 6 will have to be polite about it). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Also waiting for the manual. I note Sweetwater showed the Simple Pitch patch and not a poly one so I’ve got nerves! 

Paul Hindmarsh's official Line 6 demo is up. At one point (3:49) he scrolls past "Poly Pitch" on the pedal.

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2443
    I can answer any questions you may all have. Mine will be here at some point today. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    I can answer any questions you may all have. 
    Where do babies come from ?
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    edited October 2023
    I can actually see this being something I would find useful.  Integrate with my ES-8 switcher and be able to move it wherever in the signal chain of my pedalboard, both in and out of the amp's effects loop, switching presets with the MIDI integration etc. Lots of possibilities for a less space and cost than a Stomp.  (I also don't need the amp sims etc for this use and something like the HX effects is overkill).  Ideal for covering multiple of those less used effects that don't warrant (or I just don't have) a dedicated pedal, as @english_bob says

Looking at my Wampler Terraform modulation pedal, which is one effect at a time, limited to modulation only, has much more limited MIDI/preset capabilities, and costs more than this, I don't think it is too bad a deal at all.  
  • NickBNickB Frets: 241
    It's a pity that it's only 1 effect at a time. For instance a spring reverb as an always on with the ability to scroll through pre-set modulations would make it an ideal pedal for me. 
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    I guess if you want multiple effects blocks, there are other options in the HX family.  I think this is a valid option - though I may have liked to see it a touch cheaper, but I don't think it's wildly overpriced when compared to the rest of the range.