The Guitar Show 2024 - 2nd & 3rd March

What's Hot

Comments

• We parked on the street about 200 yards down the road last year. Was contemplating getting a taxi there and having a few sherberts but I think this year I will be guitar shopping so will need to have a boot full of gig bags at the ready.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bats_Bats_ Frets: 78
    Will there be any plan of the vendors on the website?
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Bats_ said:
    Will there be any plan of the vendors on the website?
    You’ll get one when you arrive. For some reason every time I try to add one to the site it compresses it to the point of useless. I could email you one? 

I’m about to start my other job of lecturing so it’ll be tonight 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • Bats_Bats_ Frets: 78
    Sure, I will PM you. 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Sooo....after completely missing the massive page banner...I found  the thread...I will probably be there Sunday, @digitalscream I shall make myself known as I said, if you want to take break for an hour or so. ...I can dish out all the freebies ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 112
    Is there any onsite catering or is it a case of make sure you bring your own fodder?

I can't find anything in this thread or on the official website for the show.
    tFB Trader
    Is there any onsite catering or is it a case of make sure you bring your own fodder?

I can't find anything in this thread or on the official website for the show.

Yep - added additional catering this year as last year was so busy. Plus barista and bar
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    @dhaywood67 IIRC there is a cafe on the site and quite a few people started their day with a breakfast there on the Saturday. I know they are nothing to do with the show but they would have done a lot of business if they’d stayed open all weekend. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    @dhaywood67 IIRC there is a cafe on the site and quite a few people started their day with a breakfast there on the Saturday. I know they are nothing to do with the show but they would have done a lot of business if they’d stayed open all weekend. 
    Despite me telling everyone how busy it would be, no one really believed me. the venue got through 4000+ coffee cups. They believe me now. Hence additional catering upstairs by the live stage.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27651
    edited February 29
    Jason said:

the venue got through 4000+ coffee cups
    That reminded me to bring my ear defenders - easier than holding coffee cups over my ears.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Jason said:

the venue got through 4000+ coffee cups
    That reminded me to bring my ear defenders - easier than holding coffee cups over my ears.

Much quieter at the new venue - almost pleasant
    tFB Trader
    Last bit of news

Advance ticket sales have gone up massively (much to my surprise and obviously, delight).

The venue has managed to secure additional car parking spaces on the estate - stewards will point you in the correct direction.

If you have any questions I'm not around for the rest of today. In the worst timing possible, I have to go and stick on a cap and gown and hand out degrees to my Event Management students at Town Hall. 

Joan Armatrading is doing the speech, so that will be cool.

I'll reply tonight when I get home.

Otherwise, I hope I'll see you there. I'll be the fast-moving, stressed-looking, middle-aged tall man.

Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6907
    Is the fretboard stand at the same position as last year?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3092
    mrkb said:
    Will @Handsome_Chris be quite so huggable? 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27651
    mrkb said:
    Having just checked the map, come in the door, turn right and walk along that side of the hall, tFB stand is at the end @mrkb ;

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jason said:
    Last bit of news

Advance ticket sales have gone up massively (much to my surprise and obviously, delight).

The venue has managed to secure additional car parking spaces on the estate - stewards will point you in the correct direction.

If you have any questions I'm not around for the rest of today. In the worst timing possible, I have to go and stick on a cap and gown and hand out degrees to my Event Management students at Town Hall. 

Otherwise, I hope I'll see you there. I'll be the fast-moving, stressed-looking, middle-aged tall man.

Cheers
    I have just had my work schedule for the weekend - and Im off....  so Ill be coming.

Sat over sunday - as Sunday is better weather for "other weekend duties" such as long dog walks....
    too late for Pre-sales now?  or just turn up 

• mrkb said:
    Will @Handsome_Chris be quite so huggable? 
    Hes always "huggable"......  Has been for the 20+ years Ive known him.  
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    Last bit of news

Cheers
    I have just had my work schedule for the weekend - and Im off....  so Ill be coming.

Sat over sunday - as Sunday is better weather for "other weekend duties" such as long dog walks....
    too late for Pre-sales now?  or just turn up 

Pre sales finish at 4pm today
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    I've got tickets for tomorrow for me and my boy.  Looking forward to it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26711
    Right, I'm all ready to go...for anybody who shows up at the tFB stand, please accept my standard disclaimer: I'm useless with faces unless I see you often, so please don't take offence if I don't immediately recognise you...

...on the bright side, I may offer you a biscuit in apology.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom