Poor cows

What's Hot

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11879
    robgilmo said:
    Are we sure the cattle was for halal meat? I mean talking about it is one thing, actually emailing is another.
    It's heading for Iraq.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 575
    All businesses, including Governments, break the rules until they are caught.
    Meat is the food of life. We do not eat enough meat.

Cruelty is not good and I don't like seeing these pictures.

I do like a nice big piece of meat on my plate. 
    I guess the answer is to buy more locally produced meat. 

Meat is gooooooood.
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 575
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crosstownvampcrosstownvamp Frets: 296
    edited February 23
    jasonbone75 said:
    Our teeth function fine in both setups so why would we evolve them unnecessarily?
    Teeth will evolve shape in a few thousand years if the diet changes  - they change shape, along with the jaws, to adapt to getting the most nutrition out of a diet. Molars get big on diets where food needs plenty of grinding. Your logic is faulty!

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3518
    Offset said:
    robgilmo said:
    Are we sure the cattle was for halal meat? I mean talking about it is one thing, actually emailing is another.
    It's heading for Iraq.
    So we are guessing based on the facts presented.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    FastEddie said:
    Vegans, meat eaters , it matters not, some people will eat processed foods and some dont, the above would suggest vegans substitute processed food for meat, its simply not the case, I would hazard a guess that meat eaters eat just as much, if not more processed foods. I mean, how else are you going to get a burger made from lips and arseholes to taste nice?
    robgilmo said:
    Offset said:
    robgilmo said:
    It's heading for Iraq.
    Well I'm not too sure what they'll otherwise do with the cattle in lagely muslim country.  And why else bother shipping the poor things half way around the world?
    Offset said:
    robgilmo said:
    Offset said:
    robgilmo said:
    It's heading for Iraq.
    Well I'm not too sure what they'll otherwise do with the cattle in lagely muslim country.  And why else bother shipping the poor things half way around the world?
    Thats my point, we arnt sure, wouldnt it be prudent to make sure before sending EMails?
  • distresseddistressed Frets: 535
    robgilmo said:
     I mean, how else are you going to get a burger made from lips and arseholes to taste nice?

By adding finely grounded slabs, hoofs, nails and little leftover fur.

Btw, boomer jokes about vegans are always fun.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 676
    Never mind the bollocks. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569

why exclusively boomer ?

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • jasonbone75 said:
    Our teeth function fine in both setups so why would we evolve them unnecessarily?
    Teeth will evolve shape in a few thousand years if the diet changes  - they change shape, along with the jaws, to adapt to getting the most nutrition out of a diet. Molars get big on diets where food needs plenty of grinding. Your logic is faulty!

Seriously? A few thousand years is but a heart beat. You've misunderstood what I said - surely evolution would only happen if required. We spent millions of years grinding low nutrition fibres with molars so yes they are/were used for grinding and got big way back. They also function just fine for chewing meat or any other food source we have managed to tolerate. There is nothing wrong with that logic at all when there is no requirement to evolve/change shape.
    bertie said:

why exclusively boomer ?

Sorry, dad/boomer ones.
    robgilmo said:
    Offset said:
    robgilmo said:
    Offset said:
    robgilmo said:
    It's heading for Iraq.
    Thats my point, we arnt sure, wouldnt it be prudent to make sure before sending EMails?
    OK - forget whatever fate awaits these animals in Iraq for the purposes of this debate (I can't, but hey).  The emails to which Emp referred were solely in respect of the conditions in which these poor cows found themselves on this transport ship, and the email address allegedly belong to the shipping company.   
    edited February 23

Sorry, dad/boomer ones.

what about grandad ?  or gen x ?  pretty sure they'd have some too -  its a bit ageist don' you think ?
    bertie said:

Sorry, dad/boomer ones.

what about grandad ?  or gen x ?  pretty sure they'd have some too -  its a bit ageist don' you think ?
    Well in keeping with the thread, it's obviously rampant ageophobia!!!  ;)
    bertie said:

Sorry, dad/boomer ones.

Not at all, it's state of mind. For instance, I'm Gen Z trapped in the body of a Gen X.

Not at all, it's state of mind.
    oh I thought it was about when you were born.............
    For instance, I'm Gen Z trapped in the body of a Gen X.  
    have you tried vaseline ?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16119
    bertie said:

Sorry, dad/boomer ones.

Not at all, it's state of mind. For instance, I'm Gen Z trapped in the body of a Gen X.
    I don't even know what that means but it sounds like primary school name calling......"Yes,you are ,aren't you ? "
  • jasonbone75 said:

Seriously? A few thousand years is but a heart beat. You've misunderstood what I said - surely evolution would only happen if required. We spent millions of years grinding low nutrition fibres with molars so yes they are/were used for grinding and got big way back. They also function just fine for chewing meat or any other food source we have managed to tolerate. There is nothing wrong with that logic at all when there is no requirement to evolve/change shape.
    Evolution doesn't happen if 'required'. What happens is things randomly change and the changes which work out better mean the offspring that inherits those traits (give or take more random mutation) ends up stronger fitter etc.
    During the neolithic with ice ages and habitat changing fast, they've noticed tooth shape changing surprisingly quickly.  Happens with animals and humans - the balance of diet changes, even for a hyena. When small game is around it's easy to chew but you have eat lots of it, big game you need bigger body and bigger teeth. As you'll know when under severe pressure only those most suited to their environment survive.