bax have a green one for a grand..

I’ve got the pink one and it’s lovely
    Ooooh I like the rainbow crackle one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mankytommankytom Frets: 235
    I’d like the crackle one too.. maybe the eclipse crackle
  • mankytommankytom Frets: 235
    I’m also considering bringing one of these home from Japan…£1100 by my maths

https://shop.kurosawagakki.com/items/2863690
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    Probably a used PRS S2 like the Vela. Their prices have gone up a lot though, used to see them for around £600 but most seem to be about £900+ now.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14551
    Sporky said:
    The opening post stipulated new. 
    It said nowt about discontinued models and/or clearance stock.

Therefore, I nominate the PRS SE Mira, a fitted hardshell case and some posh pickups.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    I’d go for a bright yellow Genesis RG550, and I wouldn’t care how silly I’d look playing it.  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28617
    Sporky said:
    The title says "current guitar".

I'll just buy a house then. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Epiphone bonamassa 335
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3924
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:
    The title says "current guitar".

I'll just buy a house then. 

Oh, 911 Dakar and a house too now is it?

Right, I’ll go 250 GTO and Christian Horner’s Cotswolds mansion. I’ll have Ginge too.
  • I'm biased as I'm a massive Soundgarden fan and I've bought one, but the Guild S100 Kim Thayil model is superb, and looks cool as fuck. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3038
    edited March 10
    I've always wanted to build myself a partscaster, however every time I price up what parts I'd want to use it comes to over £1100.  Sticking to the thread's premise, and budget, I've been really really struggling not to just give up on building myself a partscaster, and just get myself a Ibanez RG652AHM Prestige, specifically in nebula green, I've played a number of them several times, and they've all been really really nice.
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Bad OP that got me looking and now I have Reverend Charger HB in Midnight Black sat in my Basket trying hard not yo place the order - So in answer another Reverend I already have a Double Agent W which would have been my first choice but I'd like Charger as well - although I also fancy a Yamaha Revstar but I want a Japanese one and they're 1600 ish - so I might wait and buy one of them. 
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1976

AlexO said:
    I've just got one of the Vintera II Nocasters. I've had a few CS Nocasters. Honestly it's not that far off. Neck feels bang on to a NOS CS.
    Superb guitars for the £££
    Hence my choice. They really are great aren't they. Better than a couple of USA Tele's I've got which I also consider pretty good. 

Nikc said:
    Bad OP that got me looking and now I have Reverend Charger HB in Midnight Black sat in my Basket trying hard not yo place the order - So in answer another Reverend I already have a Double Agent W which would have been my first choice but I'd like Charger as well - although I also fancy a Yamaha Revstar but I want a Japanese one and they're 1600 ish - so I might wait and buy one of them. 
    That was on my shortlist too. For some reason they aren't seen as a serious guitar and quite unpopular. I played on a burgundy one they had in PMT Manchester last week. It was just under the £1k and part of the reason for the OP. It's a really well put together guitar, great fit and finish, and was free of any quality issues. Maybe there's something about Yamaha that I've missed but for that price it's up there with guitars costing double that IMHO. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• duotoneduotone Frets: 994
    edited March 10
    PRS SE DGT 
    PRS SE McCarty 594  I had to take this off the list, as the colours offered aren’t great.
    Rivolta Combinata XVII
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2362
    edited March 11
    RichAC said:
    I’d go for a bright yellow Genesis RG550, and I wouldn’t care how silly I’d look playing it. 
    SILLY AWESOME!

I think it's the law you have to get the yellow version...
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 337
    Having never liked strata for so long I bought a cheap east coast stratalike to keep in work and love it so probably a player plus strat or something similar around that price. I’m ashamed how boring a choice that is, I’ll go sit in the corner until I come to my senses and opt for something Wildly pointy or odd
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 858
    +1 on the Vintera Nocaster.  Had one in my hands on Friday and it felt just right.  Saying that, the Vintera 50's was also a bit nice too.

I'd also consider a roadworn strat.  After owning entirely too many strats to be sensible, I ended up with a 60's roadworn a few years ago and it again feels just right.  Well, as right as a strat ever could for a teleholic.

Not sure why people don't think of Yamaha as a good brand.  Everything of theirs seems to be well built and functional.  I suspect the original Pacifica being a budget/beginners guitar has left them with that tag regardless of the quality further up the line.  The Revstar I had was particularly nice.  Top of the tree outside the Japanese model and did everything I wanted of it. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3597
    My last but one purchase was a used Fender American Pro 2 Telecaster for £1080.  I really love it and it's displaced more expensive guitars as my current number 1. In fact it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say it's radically altered my perception of what I want from a guitar.  Much of this is purely subjective - the neck just seems right for me personally.  But it's what I'd buy again.
    Bought a Pro 1 tele in 2018. Came to a similar conclusion. The C-to-D neck supports my (big) hand in all the right places. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727
    I've always wanted to build myself a partscaster, however every time I price up what parts I'd want to use it comes to over £1100.  Sticking to the thread's premise, and budget, I've been really really struggling not to just give up on building myself a partscaster, and just get myself a Ibanez RG652AHM Prestige, specifically in nebula green, I've played a number of them several times, and they've all been really really nice.
    It can get really expensive, I think MJT look really good if you don't mind getting the wrong side of a grand.
    If get an unfinished body and neck you can save a lot, if you are happy doing your own nitro or oil finish.
    If you go with nitro make sure you budget for a respirator.

But if you're not bothered about nitro or massively fussy about weights then Fender are probably a better option.  
    One big plus for me was chossing the frets and neck profile.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4200
    A slime green Charvel like this . I sold mine to get my Slash 
    I could use a Takamine Santa Fe though or the epiphone inspired by Gibson hummingbird