What current guitar would you buy for £1000 +/- £100

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 362
    Probably a P90 Yamaha Revstar for me.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Strandberg Essential 
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 839
    I’ve just bought two for under that price.
    PRS SE Mira and a PRS SE Silver Sky. Granted the SS was used and mint but still cost £50 less than the Mira which was only £499 brand new. Both are excellent value for money IMHO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3039
    I've always wanted to build myself a partscaster, however every time I price up what parts I'd want to use it comes to over £1100.  Sticking to the thread's premise, and budget, I've been really really struggling not to just give up on building myself a partscaster, and just get myself a Ibanez RG652AHM Prestige, specifically in nebula green, I've played a number of them several times, and they've all been really really nice.
    It can get really expensive, I think MJT look really good if you don't mind getting the wrong side of a grand.
    If get an unfinished body and neck you can save a lot, if you are happy doing your own nitro or oil finish.
    If you go with nitro make sure you budget for a respirator.

But if you're not bothered about nitro or massively fussy about weights then Fender are probably a better option.  
    One big plus for me was chossing the frets and neck profile.

I'm actually considering Warmoth parts, well getting an unfinished body and neck from Warmoth, and then having the body finished by somebody in the UK - I'm seriously considering getting a relic finish done.  I've been specifically looking at Warmoth, as I really don't like or want vintage specs, I want modern specs
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    If I had none of my current guitars, I'd snag the best 50s-style Tele I could find. As it stands, I'd pick up a used MIJ Satriani model Ibanez.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1705
    A Gibson Melodymaker 2014 .I had ne and sold it stupidly .If I was allowed more money I would get a Gibson LesPaul Special in yellow and P90's
  • PeterHallPeterHall Frets: 1
    I'd probably go for a RevStar. They just seem to feel just right.