Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27220
    edited March 25
    Lovely stuff. Are these Jpg/SOOC? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11916
    Straight from camera to phone and upload to IMGUR.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5796
    I got an email this morning to enter the ballot for a chance to buy the 1934 limited edition version. Basically a few hundred pounds extra for the same camera with the original Fuji logo engraved on the top plate to celebrate the companies launch. 

Absolutely not worth it in any way but it is a cool logo and my Dad was born in 34. He had the number plate GL34 from as early as I can remember and I’d really like one of these from a soppy sentimental perspective. 
    dazzajl said:
    I got an email this morning to enter the ballot for a chance to buy the 1934 limited edition version. Basically a few hundred pounds extra for the same camera with the original Fuji logo engraved on the top plate to celebrate the companies launch. 

Absolutely not worth it in any way but it is a cool logo and my Dad was born in 34. He had the number plate GL34 from as early as I can remember and I’d really like one of these from a soppy sentimental perspective. 
    The collectors will get it.  I bought mine to use, not collect. Taken 400 shots already in a day, yet I've seen used Fuji with shutter count of 400 on LCE last week.

I mean, blood hell, I shot like 200 of those just testing out film sims and setting up the camera.  How does one use only 400 shots in like 5 years.

My X-S10 came with only 120 shots fired.
    dazzajl said:

The collectors will get it.  I bought mine to use, not collect. Taken 400 shots already in a day, yet I've seen used Fuji with shutter count of 400 on LCE last week.

I mean, blood hell, I shot like 200 of those just testing out film sims and setting up the camera.  How does one use only 400 shots in like 5 years.

My X-S10 came with only 120 shots fired.
    Way way back, when the sky was still clean and all this was fields as far the eye can see I worked in a dark room at the back of a high street Kodak Express. Most of the films that went through the Minilab machine had Christmas at each end and a summer holiday in the middle. Or vice versa. I don’t think that’s changed much for most people. 

I want to get another little Fuji for playtimes but other than revisiting something I’ve had before, nothing other than the 100vi really appeals. 

Ideally Fuji would make me an X-e4 with the original X-trans mk1 sensor. Thats would do very nicely ;)
    dazzajl said:

Way way back, when the sky was still clean and all this was fields as far the eye can see I worked in a dark room at the back of a high street Kodak Express. Most of the films that went through the Minilab machine had Christmas at each end and a summer holiday in the middle. Or vice versa. I don’t think that’s changed much for most people. 

I want to get another little Fuji for playtimes but other than revisiting something I’ve had before, nothing other than the 100vi really appeals. 

Ideally Fuji would make me an X-e4 with the original X-trans mk1 sensor. Thats would do very nicely
    One camera I am still waiting for the price to get reasonable is the X-Pro2.  I love the X-Pro1 but the AF and rear button layout drive me nuts, with no back button focusing, or at least the AEL button is way off to the side and putting some buttons on the left side of the camera making it a 2 hand process to press things is bad design.

dazzajl said:

Ideally Fuji would make me an X-e4 with the original X-trans mk1 sensor. Thats would do very nicely
    One camera I am still waiting for the price to get reasonable is the X-Pro2.  I love the X-Pro1 but the AF and rear button layout drive me nuts, with no back button focusing, or at least the AEL button is way off to the side and putting some buttons on the left side of the camera making it a 2 hand process to press things is bad design.

Waiting for second hand Fuji prices to drop seems like a game for the very patient. I’m not sure I’ve seen anything like the supply/hype driven rises in digital gear like this before. 

You might love the X-P2, I know you’ll do amazing things with one. It was probably my shortest affair of all the cameras from their back catalog, I thought it lacked the (infuriating) charm of the 1 and lacked the brilliance of the 3. Though that is also a flawed design in my book. My problem with the 2 most likely comes down to the sensor. That 24 pixie x trans 3 is by far my least favourite of any Fuji 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4155
    I got that email about the special edition too.

I'm probably going to pick up an X-E3 to live alongside my X-S10, but wait for prices to come down.

• mo6020mo6020 Frets: 371
    I'm GASsing pretty hard for the VI, but outside of size I'm yet to really see a compelling reason to upgrade from my X-Pro2 for my use. The size is fairly compelling tho tbf...
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    mo6020 said:
    …….I'm yet to really see a compelling reason to upgrade from my X-Pro2……
    It’s sooooooo pretty. 

If you’re trying to make a logical case…. Maybe the extra film sims, the IBIS, the new sensor tech will give you better noise handling at those higher ISO settings and the AF will be a step quicker and more decisive. 
    Well the Xpro3 is like £1100...I've seen Xpro2 sold for £600 in 2022...but lately it has been more like £800.  At that price, the 3 is more enticing but then I just bought the X100VI.

• mo6020mo6020 Frets: 371
    edited March 25
    dazzajl said:
    mo6020 said:
    …….I'm yet to really see a compelling reason to upgrade from my X-Pro2……
    It’s sooooooo pretty. 

If you’re trying to make a logical case…. Maybe the extra film sims, the IBIS, the new sensor tech will give you better noise handling at those higher ISO settings and the AF will be a step quicker and more decisive. 
    How pretty it is IS also compelling, but I'm not even pushing the limits of the X-Pro2 from a hardware perspective. 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    Well the Xpro3 is like £1100...I've seen Xpro2 sold for £600 in 2022...but lately it has been more like £800.  At that price, the 3 is more enticing but then I just bought the X100VI.

That’s been the big change since 2022 hasn’t it. The best value used to be at the bottom of the marketplace and now it’s at the top. 
  • guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 317
    I tried using Fujifilm's X cameras (owned an X100F) but the raw files these things produce is far from standard and really requires learning new software to get the best out of the file. If you're going to shoot nothing but JPEGs then it'd probably be okay.
  • MaakMaak Frets: 84
    Straight from camera to phone and upload to IMGUR.
    Very nice, very film like!
    dazzajl said:

That’s been the big change since 2022 hasn’t it. The best value used to be at the bottom of the marketplace and now it’s at the top. 
    The bottom of the market has been squeezed up a lot for some models.  It seems the pricing is all over the place.  X-S10 is a bargain considering it is a baby XT4 inside for £600.  A X-H1 goes for that much and that is an X-T2 with IBIS.  X-E4 is selling for more than new and X-Pro1 is about £300, but X-Pro2 is £800 with X-pro3 at as low as £1100.

Side note, I don't have this urge to have multiple models from the same manufacturer, not sure why I do this with Fujifilm!  

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    edited April 3
    Cool! I got mine about a week ago but haven't taken a single shot with it yet, due to sh*t weather on any given day I may have had time to try it. Sold my V in the interim and got well over a grand for it... the IBIS for me was worth the upgrade, as well as some of the improved video features...

Anyway life with the V was awesome, it + the conversion lenses was the travel kit of my dreams...
    dazzajl said:

Well I’ve had two emails from Fuji this morning. Me luckily telling me I was not successful in the ballot and the other telling me my camera in for repair will cost me £207. Ho hum. 

Hope the vi is still impressing :)
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4210
    That’s a lovely camera I bet it has a Velvia setting too 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11970
    What's the reason to buy a X100 vi instead of an XT-50 when it comes out (or compare X100 v with XT-30 mk ii)?
    Aren't the size, spec and weight similar?

I have an old XT10 that I need to dust off, I bought a full set of XF lenses with it after I sold my old back-breaking Canon 5D gear.
    With the pancake lens, it is a similar pocketable camera

I have been looking at the X-H2S recently, looks very nice, very tempting.