New Hipster Camera!

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    edited April 6
    I watched several reviews of the X100VI and read the specs. All was looking very good until I got to the battery -  an NP-W126S. That was the battery that gave such disappointing performance in my X-T3. The upgrade to a NP-W235 in the X-T5 made performance more acceptable, if not transformed. Sure, the NP-W235 is a little larger and maybe difficult to accommodate in the X100VI’s compact form, but the thought of returning to the NP-W126S’s lacklustre performance does not immediately appeal.

How have you found battery life in the X100VI Raymond? Do you find it OK or merely adequate? Are you having to carry a bunch of spares with you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    edited April 6
    Jimbro66 said:
    I watched several reviews of the X100VI and read the specs. All was looking very good until I got to the battery -  an NP-W126S. That was the battery that gave such disappointing performance in my X-T3. The upgrade to a NP-W235 in the X-T5 made performance more acceptable, if not transformed. Sure, the NP-W235 is a little larger and maybe difficult to accommodate in the X100VI’s compact form, but the thought of returning to the NP-W126S’s lacklustre performance does not immediately appeal.

How have you found battery life in the X100VI Raymond? Do you find it OK or merely adequate? Are you having to carry a bunch of spares with you?
    Battery life is fine, since it's a holiday camera and not work there isn't that "stress" of leaving it on all the time fearing I miss a moment.  I also have a few of these as it's the same battery in my X-S10, X-T1, X-Pro1.  I wouldn't let that put you off, just carry a spare if you have to.  Sure it would be nicer to have a better battery but this isn't a deal breaker. 

I took the X-S10 to Croatia and never killed 2 in a day.  1 Usually last the whole day for me. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Jimbro66 said:

Battery life is fine, since it's a holiday camera and not work there isn't that "stress" of leaving it on all the time fearing I miss a moment.  I also have a few of these as it's the same battery in my X-S10, X-T1, X-Pro1.  I wouldn't let that put you off, just carry a spare if you have to.  Sure it would be nicer to have a better battery but this isn't a deal breaker. 
    Thanks for your helpful comments Raymond. I sold off all my NP-W126S batteries and the dedicated charger after selling the X-T3. I never imagined I’d need them again.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Jimbro66 said:
    Thanks for your helpful comments Raymond. I sold off all my NP-W126S batteries and the dedicated charger after selling the X-T3. I never imagined I’d need them again.
    I must admit a small part of me was glad it uses the older battery because it saves me having to buy a spare as I already have a few...lol People saw it as a downside, I saw the silver lining. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4136
    I've got quite a few cheap third party batteries. If I'm out for the day I'll just chuck a couple in the bag. I've rarely needed them though.