Show a bit of your solo'ing style

What's Hot

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15978
    Danny1969 said:
    axisus said:
    @Danny1969 nicely played, I'm really liking the guitar, what is it? Got any pictures?
    It's an old Ibanez Roadstar from about 86. It's the best Ibanez I've ever played, the thing just sings and harmonics really jump out even with dead strings. 

This is same guitar but sounding more like a Telecaster 

that was just lovely kid....beautiful tone and intonation :)
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10434
    hootsmon said:
    Danny1969 said:
    axisus said:
    @Danny1969 nicely played, I'm really liking the guitar, what is it? Got any pictures?
    It's an old Ibanez Roadstar from about 86. It's the best Ibanez I've ever played, the thing just sings and harmonics really jump out even with dead strings. 

This is same guitar but sounding more like a Telecaster 

that was just lovely kid....beautiful tone and intonation :)
    Thanks man :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited December 2014
    This was very recent - just a noodle at the end of Kelly Osbourne's take on a Madonna song - just skip to the end for some dorian-based waffle. It's pretty representative lol.

• Danny's vid above mine - great sounds!! Love that lol
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited December 2014
    @thomasross20 - Nice....was that on your tour down under?
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited December 2014
    Jeezo, vibe - very talented, as I remember!
    I remember seeing Jase play that!
    viz - loved that Mustang Sally solo - and great tone! Improvised?

Must check out the other vids!!! Hell, I wont bother commenting or I'll be here all day lol
  • Drew_fx said:
    Does 12 minutes of tremolo picking count as a solo? ;)
    hahaha!! :D

Some really talented guys on here - amazing!!
  • @thomasross20 - Nice....was that on your tour down under?
    We're so hardcore we play upside down lol.

hubob - seen your vid before (remember?) and awesome as always!!

Barney - wow - VERY good, loved that!!
  • thanks both :) I don't have that Gasfest one I'm afraid - I had a CD with it on, and I spent ages looking for it when Jase passed away and then again when we moved house, but it never came to light. Would love to see it if someone does have a copy. In the meantime I found this clip of Mr Morris from Wyniro. An awesome player who left us far too early. 

RIP Jase.
  • vizviz Frets: 10707
    This was very recent - just a noodle at the end of Kelly Osbourne's take on a Madonna song - just skip to the end for some dorian-based waffle. It's pretty representative lol.

That was awesome. I love a bit of rocked-up pop.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Some superb playing here everyone!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bit of me trying to copy BB King with an SG and a G3 direct into desk recorded this year 
    Me with Tele through twin, solo starts about 1:30 so you don't have to listen to a country tune whole way through. Recorded sometime in 1999
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4152
    edited December 2014
    YouTube video from a couple of years back which shows my lack of knowledge but shows what I do as it's sorta adlibbed and jammed as I go. Solo starts about 3:10
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10707
    Ok here's a solo on Jonno Stanford's single, Don't Say Goodbye. There's a bit of solo at the beginning and a bit towards the end. Classic 80s rock :)

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited December 2014
    Played this Steely Dan song in a 3 piece setup a few years back so recorded this effort a few months back - one of the few things I've tried to get nearly note for note as I found I tended to get lost if I tried to 'improvise' - never gonna improve on the original guitar solos though!
    Seemed like a good idea.....

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    edited December 2014
    thanks both :) I don't have that Gasfest one I'm afraid - I had a CD with it on, and I spent ages looking for it when Jase passed away and then again when we moved house, but it never came to light. Would love to see it if someone does have a copy. In the meantime I found this clip of Mr Morris from Wyniro. An awesome player who left us far too early. 

Nice to see that again.  Cool fella and a really good guitarist. 

Here's a bit more of him playing.  He recorded it for me (over at Neil's I think) a couple of months before he died.  I had a sketch of a song and wanted him to play the lead break, which is what's here.  I never did finish the song so it's as sketchy as fuck but Jase's playing is very cool.

*Sirensong (feat. Jason Morris)*

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5011
    edited December 2014
    Here's a couple of things I did a few years back that pretty much sum up a lot of my soloing style. No vids I'm afraid, just links to my Soundclick pages.

1) Fairly typical "quiet then loud, with trainwreck ending"

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10387494

2) A bit more of a country rock feel on this one

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10693584

3) A little bit more quiet, loud, quiet, with tinge of the orient about it

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11794620

4) The most recent one, from a couple of months ago, last thing I recorded. Tendonitis has fooked a lot of my shredderry but can't let that interfere with making noises ;)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12938365
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    edited January 2015
    http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q620/Kebabkid/IMG_0913.mp4][IMG]http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q620/Kebabkid/th_IMG_0913.mp4[/IMG][/URL]

I found some random clips I'd recorded on my iPhone but this short Lukather solo from Chicago's "Hard to say I'm sorry" probably best shows off my "80s solo style and sound". Excuse the unrelated bits at the start and finish.

Some great playing here and nice to hear what people do.
    @MatthewShreddery - this wasn't done on my DRRI but it was done on the clean channel of my old H&K TM36 with a Keeley TS808 feeding a Fulltone OCD,and the delay was courtesy of a TC Flashback. On the DRRI, they sound even better and are a really great combination of pedals. I hope you find the drive(s) that work for you and your Deluxe Reverb.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kebabkid said:
    http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q620/Kebabkid/IMG_0913.mp4][IMG]http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q620/Kebabkid/th_IMG_0913.mp4[/IMG][/URL]

I found some random clips I'd recorded on my iPhone but this short Lukather solo from Chicago's "Hard to say I'm sorry" probably best shows off my "80s solo style and sound". Excuse the unrelated bits at the start and finish.

Some great playing here and nice to hear what people do.
    @MatthewShreddery - this wasn't done on my DRRI but it was done on the clean channel of my old H&K TM36 with a Keeley TS808 feeding a Fulltone OCD,and the delay was courtesy of a TC Flashback. On the DRRI, they sound even better and are a really great combination of pedals. I hope you find the drive(s) that work for you and your Deluxe Reverb.
    Nice tone and playing. I didn't know Luke played that solo. Those drives do stack up well too.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    edited January 2015
    @ElectroDan - thanks and yep, another Lukather session.

With the pedals, I should've added that there's also an Xotic EP Booster in there as well as a Keeley Compressor (always left on).